Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 821: Disneyland announces new Fastpass options
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby DBJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:09 pm

So, is it Avatar in 2017, Toy Story Land in 2018, and then Star Wars in 2019 for Florida? That is an incredible run of new lands for guests to explore. For California, not quite as grand, refurbishments/remodeling in 2017, 2018 kind of blank so far, 2019 Star Wars land, and 2020 is rumored Marvel land. Although I think "Marvel land" attractions will remain highly staggered. GOTG remodel 2017, Marvel Coaster 2020 as rumors suggest. The muppet/monsters dead zone in Hollywood will be around for awhile. I read a summary of their quarterly results , and the parks/resorts are a nice bright spot for the company, only ESPN weighing them down still.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby laqueefa » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:15 am

Nrthwnd wrote:And I definitely need to get back to Trader Sam's too. :wink:

I like the way you think.

Tigga, please!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Simipour'sTrainer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

DBJ wrote:So, is it Avatar in 2017, Toy Story Land in 2018, and then Star Wars in 2019 for Florida? That is an incredible run of new lands for guests to explore. For California, not quite as grand, refurbishments/remodeling in 2017, 2018 kind of blank so far, 2019 Star Wars land, and 2020 is rumored Marvel land. Although I think "Marvel land" attractions will remain highly staggered. GOTG remodel 2017, Marvel Coaster 2020 as rumors suggest. The muppet/monsters dead zone in Hollywood will be around for awhile. I read a summary of their quarterly results , and the parks/resorts are a nice bright spot for the company, only ESPN weighing them down still.

Isn't 2018 when the new east parking garage and pedestrian bridge supposed to open? I mean, that's something, right?
America Needs Flavor! Vote Guy Fieri 2020!

Lost My Veganity on the New Hotness trip.

Postby dylanreich » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:39 pm

Anyone have thoughts on the rumor that as of Sunday monthly payments for passes will no longer available (along with a possible small price reduction in at least the higher passes)? I think it's the only way to help with crowds, although a lot of people are going to be pissed off.
YOLO all day errday
Steel: 1.Skull Mountain 2.X2 3.I-305 4.Tatsu 5.Storm Runner 6.Volcano
Wood: 1.Phoenix 2.Thunderhead 3.El Toro 4.Apocalypse 5.Lightning Racer

Postby wmay » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:56 pm

I tried asking at miceage but didn't really get an answer, so does anyone here know what the plans are for this very flat looking rock wall along the new track? Considering how much detail they're putting in the rest of the area it seems strange to have a flat wall with something that looks like rock paneling from like a diner.

Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:26 pm

^ Too soon to tell, but I'd say it's possibly more rock work that will go on that 'wall.' Just a guess.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 pm

It's under construction with probably 2 1/2 years to go, at minimum. Anyone sniping about how lousy the theming is isn't worth reading.

Postby wmay » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:18 pm

DirkFunk wrote:It's under construction with probably 2 1/2 years to go, at minimum. Anyone sniping about how lousy the theming is isn't worth reading.

Sorry, I was under the impression that the area in question is expected to be finished in 4-5 months along with the new ROA/Railway makeover, true or false?
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:19 pm

dylanreich wrote:Anyone have thoughts on the rumor that as of Sunday monthly payments for passes will no longer available (along with a possible small price reduction in at least the higher passes)? I think it's the only way to help with crowds, although a lot of people are going to be pissed off.

The only people who would be pissed are the ones who believe that monthly payments are the only way they can afford to have an AP, and then project their entitled attitude as frustration at Disney for taking it away. The kind that have an AP just to pop in for a few hours whenever they feel like it and spend relatively little.

I'm sure the families who drop thousands on once a year or once in a lifetime trips, who've never had the ability to pay monthly for their trip outside of credit financing, will enjoy having less of these people cramming the park.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:30 pm

wmay wrote:
DirkFunk wrote:It's under construction with probably 2 1/2 years to go, at minimum. Anyone sniping about how lousy the theming is isn't worth reading.

Sorry, I was under the impression that the area in question is expected to be finished in 4-5 months along with the new ROA/Railway makeover, true or false?

Don't be sorry. You were asking about it. Not 'sniping' as it was suggested. There is a difference, between the two.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!