Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 821: Disneyland announces new Fastpass options
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:14 pm

I am sure there will some sort of disclosure, or maybe even the system might have a pop-up notification before purchase that says if there are any Fastpasses available?

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 pm

coasterbill wrote:While you may be right, I doubt the difference will be noticeable but I'm sure whenever someone is unable to get the Fastpass they want they'll immediately blame it on the MaxPass and bitch and moan about it online in their echo chamber of Walt-hugging, pixie dust snorting fanboys.

More like they'll be told by these echo chamber hysterical websites that MaxPass is the reason they can no longer just show up at 3pm on Saturday and get their paper ticket FP anymore, much like how they still perpetuate the silly myth that FP causes wait times to double or triple. :roll:

I've already seen the complaints that adding FP will instantly cause wait times for Midway Mania to jump to 90mins or more on a regular basis simply because that's what happens at Hollywood Studios at WDW. Apparently nobody seems concerned with the fact that DHS has 2-3x the average daily attendance compared to DCA...

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm

^ Even if it increases the standby line's queue a bit, I can't see it ever reaching Hollywood Studios levels because of the attendance and the fact that California Adventure has more attractions.

I also can't see Midway Mania's fastpasses being the first to go, so they should be fairly available in the morning at least.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Comet (Great Escape), Cyclone (Coney)
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Millennium Force, Twisted Colossus, Wicked Cyclone, Skyrush

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby Cj1990 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:53 pm

I was so excited to learn about an upgrade to the FP system at DL and DCA. I'm all on board to pay the extra. I just wish it would be up by the time I go in two weeks lol.
Though I don't think that crowds on the 24th will be very bad at all anyways.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby DBJ » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:58 am

I hope they do a stress test on that app though. I have been in the park a few times last year when the app didn't load the map properly. Can't imagine the frustration to pay to use it for a day, then not being able to access the app at the ride entrance.

I like that it will cut down the running around between parks too. It will be very handy to book the 3 rides at DCA while over at Disneyland.

Did it say how many mobile FP you can do in a day? I think it would be pretty amazing to be able to schedule out the entire day via the app.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby bigboy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:04 am

I'm assuming it will let you book the 3 at a time like FP+ in Florida, which, by the way, doesn't let you book at more than one park per day.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:02 am

I wouldn't count on that. FP+ also provides the ability to choose your own FP return time which MaxPass most likely won't since the old FP system is still being used.

Basically what I'm expecting is the app works the same as it does now, except on the screen that displays a ride's currently available FP time, there'll be a new button that says "reserve now" or something like that. Click that, then the system issues you a time just as though you scanned your ticket at the machine. Then if you try to get another FP for another ride, the app will display an error message saying you have to wait until your window opens or 2 hours pass much like the black reject ticket that spits out from a FP machine if you try to get another FP too early. Then there'll be another window somewhere that displays your currently held FP with a code for the greeter CMs at each ride entrance to scan with the same device that redeems the DAS times.

We'll see what actually happens but that's what I'd expect based on current information.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby SFMMGeek27 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:41 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:I wouldn't count on that. FP+ also provides the ability to choose your own FP return time which MaxPass most likely won't since the old FP system is still being used.

Basically what I'm expecting is the app works the same as it does now, except on the screen that displays a ride's currently available FP time, there'll be a new button that says "reserve now" or something like that. Click that, then the system issues you a time just as though you scanned your ticket at the machine. Then if you try to get another FP for another ride, the app will display an error message saying you have to wait until your window opens or 2 hours pass much like the black reject ticket that spits out from a FP machine if you try to get another FP too early. Then there'll be another window somewhere that displays your currently held FP with a code for the greeter CMs at each ride entrance to scan with the same device that redeems the DAS times.

We'll see what actually happens but that's what I'd expect based on current information.

This is what they're doing. Erin Glover confirmed in a comment.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:02 am

That makes sense too, for the initial roll out. Its easier to add thing later, then take stuff away, from a guest perspective.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby JGuy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:25 am

It would definitely be less jarring for people who have never used Florida's Fastpass system.
Personally, I'd prefer if they keep it the way they plan to launch it as for at least a few years. (I think FP+ is terrible)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!