Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 821: Disneyland announces new Fastpass options
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:14 pm

Hey Disney,
Please stop nickel and diming me. $10 per day to utilize the electronic fast pass is ridiculous. That will add an additional $40 per day for my family of 4. We visit 2 times a year for a total of 10 days, an extra $400 just for electronic fast passes.

I sympathize with this guy. This poor working class guy who's just trying to get by in life and can only afford to go to Disneyland ten times a year is now being forced to shell out 10 bucks a pop for a completely optional service as not to have to endure the tremendous hardship of doing things exactly the same way he is now (though he hasn't once bitched about until today).

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby CrazedZooChimp » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:28 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:Well, they keep saying the $10 is an introductory price. Erin (the writer) says it on the post, and again over and over in the comments. So, it seems the $10 is just to get the ball rolling, introduce the concept, and give people a target price point. Maybe form multi day option will come soon, possibly along with the AP info. There is still a lot we don't know about all this, and they said more info is to come.

I would assume there will be multi-day options at reduced per day prices, that probably have to be tied to a multi-day ticket. And I'd bet there's a nice discount for an annual version, and it will probably be included in the higher tier annual passes.

My real question is will they finally add Wifi to the park now that they want me to use their app for Fastpasses... :p
Read stuff I write (mostly about NorCal happenings) over at Coaster101!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Paying $10 for the convenience of booking Fastpasses at my finger tips is well worth it for me. I think the biggest news for me is Toy Story and Matterhorn getting fastpasses since those two had bad stand by lines on all of my visits.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge, Skyrush
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Holiday World

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:02 pm

I would totally pay $10 for this. Great deal, big win for them. Toy Story always has a long line, but Matterhorn has single rider line. I rode both sides in about 10 minutes.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Mystery Mine
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Dollywood 3. Silver Dollar City 4. Holiday World 5. Knott's Berry Farm

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby wmay » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:59 pm

coasterbill wrote:
Hey Disney,
Please stop nickel and diming me. $10 per day to utilize the electronic fast pass is ridiculous. That will add an additional $40 per day for my family of 4. We visit 2 times a year for a total of 10 days, an extra $400 just for electronic fast passes.

I sympathize with this guy. This poor working class guy who's just trying to get by in life and can only afford to go to Disneyland ten times a year is now being forced to shell out 10 bucks a pop for a completely optional service as not to have to endure the tremendous hardship of doing things exactly the same way he is now (though he hasn't once bitched about until today).

Well, this could mean that there will be fewer "normal" fastpasses, especially if the electronic version has priority the way people are speculating that it will, so in that case it will definitely affect people who don't wish to pay.

Also, there's no mention on what the options are for people who are willing to pay but have a foreign subscription/data considering that there is no wifi in the park.
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby laqueefa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:30 am

coasterbill wrote:
Hey Disney,

Tigga, please!

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:43 am

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I would totally pay $10 for this. Great deal, big win for them. Toy Story always has a long line, but Matterhorn has single rider line. I rode both sides in about 10 minutes.

Hope the Fast Pass lines don't replace Single Rider Lines.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby thepoint4life23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:31 am

10 Dollars sounds like a good deal to me. When i finally get out to Disneyland 10 dollars over for a few days seems worth it to ride more. Hell i spend 10 dollars for a beer and do not worry about going broke. This seems like better way to spend 10 dollars

Postby coasterbill » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:36 am

wmay wrote:Well, this could mean that there will be fewer "normal" fastpasses, especially if the electronic version has priority the way people are speculating that it will, so in that case it will definitely affect people who don't wish to pay.

While you may be right, I doubt the difference will be noticeable but I'm sure whenever someone is unable to get the Fastpass they want they'll immediately blame it on the MaxPass and bitch and moan about it online in their echo chamber of Walt-hugging, pixie dust snorting fanboys.

wmay wrote:Also, there's no mention on what the options are for people who are willing to pay but have a foreign subscription/data considering that there is no wifi in the park.

Personally when I travel, I always upgrade my phone's data plan. If they choose not to it's really not Disney's problem, especially when they already offer a service that doesn't require anyone to use their phones. If you travel internationally without a data plan then having to walk 5 minutes to a ride to grab a Fast Pass will be one of the lesser inconveniences that you'll be faced with because of that decision.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby wmay » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 pm

coasterbill wrote:While you may be right, I doubt the difference will be noticeable but I'm sure whenever someone is unable to get the Fastpass they want they'll immediately blame it on the MaxPass and bitch and moan about it online in their echo chamber of Walt-hugging, pixie dust snorting fanboys.

Well, compared to the entrance fee $10 is fairly insignificant, but on the topic of bitching and moaning, can you imagine the entitlement of people who have paid 10 whole dollars for the MaxPass when they are told that they are not guaranteed a fastpass as they are subject to availability just like the old ones?

They could also just raise the entrance fee and the price of the AP's even further and keep the MaxPass free. Considering the crowds lately maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Top Parks: DisneySea. The end.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!