Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 862:Infrastructure upgrades '19:Parking Garage '21:Hotel
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:14 am

x2isawesome wrote:I last went to Disneyland right around this time last year an the crowds were pretty light. Slow times are rare but, they are still there.

Especially if you go with a non-rider who "Accidentally" picks Fastpass for attractions they can't ride.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:43 am

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Especially if you go with a non-rider who "Accidentally" picks Fastpass for attractions they can't ride.

Fastpasses are now tied to the individual park ticket, and they take your photo at the gates now too.
A theme park based on playgrounds? Check out this project that I've been working on!
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Simipour'sTrainer » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm

No doubt crowds will pick right back up next week when the holiday decorations and overlays are in full-swing.

Speaking of overlays, so if I understand this correctly, the Halloween overlay of Mission Breakout happens as soon as the sun sets, right? And the regular version of the ride still operates during the day? If that's the case, then I'm gonna have to plan out grabbing Fastpasses for it accordingly.

I also read that Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi's Rockin Roadsters will get Halloween overlays too? Do they mean just the decorations or the rides will have new songs to dance along to?
Last edited by Simipour'sTrainer on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 am.
America Needs Flavor! Vote Guy Fieri 2020!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:25 pm

^Yes, Mission Breakout will be two different experiences in one day. At a certain time, it will switch to the night time version.

As for the two Cars Land rides, the parks blog doesn't say to what extent the overlays will be, so we'll have to wait and see!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:25 pm

^ What I have found out, from Micechat.com

Luigi’s will become “Honkin Haul-O-Ween” with all new songs as well. Disney promises haunted versions of classic Italian festival songs with names like “Terror-antella” and “The Chop Top of Carsoli.”

And here's page to go to, with a lot of photos of newly Haul-O-Ween-ed CarsLand.
And I did read somewhere, Mater's attraction will get a new jamboree song, too.

http://micechat.com/170288-disney-cars-land-haul-o-ween/
Hallow-Mater.jpg
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 am

A.J. wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:Especially if you go with a non-rider who "Accidentally" picks Fastpass for attractions they can't ride.

Fastpasses are now tied to the individual park ticket, and they take your photo at the gates now too.

Aw, That bites.

Shameless Plug: November 5 will be Top 5 Things I'd add to Disneyland
Joined June 16, 2012
Joined August 17, 2013
Joined January 30, 2015

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby DBJ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:24 am

I hope that WOC, maybe next year, gets involved in the Halloween season if the plan is to shift the Halloween party over to DCA. Some of the decorations have gone up at DCA, and they are pretty charming. It is rather impressive that they planned for GOTG to be part of the Halloween event as well.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:04 pm

DBJ wrote:I hope that WOC, maybe next year, gets involved in the Halloween season if the plan is to shift the Halloween party over to DCA. Some of the decorations have gone up at DCA, and they are pretty charming. It is rather impressive that they planned for GOTG to be part of the Halloween event as well.

Starring Neil Patrick Harris
Joined June 16, 2012
Joined August 17, 2013
Joined January 30, 2015

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Now that a few weeks have gone by here.... :wink:

Something to discuss:
If Disney actually built a third gate in the Anaheim area, what would the possibility be (and put the reality of permits, zoning, the public et al, to the side, for the moment), of them creating the exact same Gondola System they're currently building at WDW? And running it from the (eventual) Marvels Land, beside the ToT (and behind CarsLand) in DCA, to that third park, and back? Parking would also be at the other park, of course. But this would be a literal "Parks Slider", themed however they wished to present it.

It makes sense to me, for now, and definitely ups the 21st century way of mass transit, in a way Europe, Asia, and other continents/countries have done for years and years, lol. Universal did it with a train - why not Disney with above the ground (i.e. flying) travel? If the WDW system works well, they may consider it for the West Coast.

Or maybe not. :mickey:
MarvelExpansion.jpeg
A gondola station, would be easy to place in this possible/probable Marvels Land space.
Thankyou MiceCHAT.com for the picture.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:11 pm

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:^Yes, Mission Breakout will be two different experiences in one day. At a certain time, it will switch to the night time version.

As for the two Cars Land rides, the parks blog doesn't say to what extent the overlays will be, so we'll have to wait and see!

The night time version, After Dark, is insane. There's so much airtime, I was hardly in my seat for a majority of the ride. At one point, it was hard to distinguish if we were being pulled up or down. I tried to get video of the new digital mapping effects on the outside of the building to post, but my phone bricked after vacation. They're very cool.
Tigga, please!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!