TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

4th Disney hotel is officially dead/Plug pulled

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201810/6330/

I still feel like this is Disney now firing back at the city. Disney desperately needs another hotel for their capacity needs.

Completely agree. They 100% need another hotel. Otherwise, people will stay off property anyways.

They price all their hotels as four diamond, so if I was Disney I would still build the four diamond and lower the price of paradise pier hotel as the moderate option.

This isn't a bad idea! Both the DL Hotel, and the Grand are actually 4 Diamond hotels already. And, any hotel built on that land will be a 4 Diamond Hotel anyways, because of it's location. I am really hoping that a new version of the hotel is announced after the election.

But, also, another moderate hotel would not be a bad idea either. But, I think they cold just expand the Pier hotel and build a new tower, with a different but connected theme. Like the Port Orleans in WDW which has a French Quarter area and a Riverside area.

^Yeah, Paradise Pier has always been an outlier since it wasn't originally a Disney hotel. Adding another Tower to it and doing more to "Disney" up the original tower would be a good idea as well. And moderate pricing would allow them to have more inventory to compete with the Hilton quality level hotels in the area.

That's a bummer that the hotel is getting axed. That end of Downtown Disney could really use something to add some life to it. Especially with Rainforest, ESPN Zone, and AMC sitting idle.

I wonder if they would consider expanding Downtown Disney south through the old AMC theaters and connecting it to Paradise Pier Hotel. It would make the resort side of things a bit more cohesive.

I have no doubt Disney will still go forward with re-developing that area. My guess is they will keep the existing architecture, but cut back on some of the planned amenities expected of a four diamond resort. Either that or give that area a Disney Springs like makeover and load it up with more restaurants and do as Chris suggested with the new paradise pier tower for hotel capacity.

Because it's "The Season"....

Here's a pic I took, of 1/2 of a couple obviously getting into the spirit

of the Halloween stuff in DCA and Disneyland.

He looked great, and I thought it was very cool for this to happen.

IMG_2151.JPG.bac63532cf5fabca5384efb92a648445.JPG

Waiting for riding Luigi's Rollicking Roadsters. After WCB, Sept.2016.

(I would love to do this, once I figured out how to bring it all along with me!)

• 3 weeks later...
They price all their hotels as four diamond, so if I was Disney I would still build the four diamond and lower the price of paradise pier hotel as the moderate option.

That would be a good idea. It is so incredibly overpriced, even by Disney standards. They have a lot of options when adding a new hotel, or some towers. I'd love to see a hotel like Mira Costa at Disney Sea. The hotel was amazing, and it looks great in the park as well.

So over Thanksgiving break, me and a few colleagues are spending a few days in SoCal, at Disneyland and in San Diego.

Obviously, while I'm at Disneyland I'll be getting all 6 credits and riding some of the biggies like Indiana Jones and Guardians of the Galaxy, and will be visiting SeaWorld, Giant Dipper and maybe Legoland while I'm in San Diego.

I must ask though. At the four parks I mentioned (the two in the Disney resort, SWSD, BP) are there any other rides that are worth riding that aren't coasters?

Thanks!

On the California Adventure side, Radiator Springs Racers is pretty freaking great, but you'll want to do single rider (which will unfortunately separate your group). Soarin' is also worth it if you haven't seen the new version of the ride film. At Disneyland you also have their "classics" which are better than Magic Kingdom's in my opinion - Haunted Mansion with its actual elevator stretch room, and Pirates of the Caribbean with its longer ride time and legitimate drops.

Non coaster rides

At Disneyland; Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Haunted Mansion, R.R. Cartoon Spin, Pirates - while waiting for a FP - Buzz, Nemo, Autotopia, Jungle Cruise

DCA - R. Racers, Soarin, Toy Story Midway Mania, Grizzly rapids

SeaWorld - well, besides the coasters, the rapids ride is ok, and Wild Artic is pretty dated, but ok

https://www.marvel.com/articles/culture-lifestyle/spider-man-attraction-building-disney-california-adventure-concept-art

Spidey-Inline_1.thumb.jpg.fd8422d435f1b3d0852651f9aa515c37.jpg

While you can have a great encounter with Spider-Man at Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort, things are going to get even more exciting for fans of the wall-crawling Super Hero when Spider-Man gets his own attraction as part of an immersive new Super Hero-themed land opening at Disney California Adventure in 2020.

We now have a new look at concept art for the Spider-Man attraction, as first seen in the New York Times. Take a look at the art above, depicting the building the attraction will be housed in and giving fans an idea of what to expect as they approach it while walking through the land.

Stay tuned for more news on the development of the Super Hero-themed land coming to Disney California Adventure!

Looks great!!! From what we know this is taking over the old It’s tough to be a bug theater right? Spider-Man 4D show, I’m good with it.

It's taking over that space plus some of Flik's. It's not just throwing a new show in the theater. Will be an all new ride.

Obviously, while I'm at Disneyland I'll be getting all 6 credits

are there any other rides that are worth riding that aren't coasters?

Based on this, I don't think Disneyland is the park for you. Have you considered Magic Mountain?

Yeah, I mean DLR is kinda ALL ABOUT the non-coaster rides. If your main goal while visiting DLR is to grab the coaster credits first and foremost, you’re doing DLR wrong.

Looks great!!! From what we know this is taking over the old It’s tough to be a bug theater right? Spider-Man 4D show, I’m good with it.

It's taking over that space plus some of Flik's. It's not just throwing a new show in the theater. Will be an all new ride.

They haven’t bulldozed it’s tough to be a bug and it closed a lot earlier than fliks fun fair. What makes you think this will be a whole new ride?

They haven’t bulldozed it’s tough to be a bug and it closed a lot earlier than fliks fun fair. What makes you think this will be a whole new ride?

Think about it. If you were Disney, wouldn't you want the marquee attraction of what's going to be the most popular land in your park to be something more than "just" a 4D show?

Fun fact: if you save the walls of a building, it counts as a modification instead of a new structure. That saves property taxes and changes permitting process.

Not saying that’s what they will do, but the point is that demolition not starting yet isn’t an indication of anything.