Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:12 am

That's exciting. They're kicking into high gear for the final few months. Did you get any photos?

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:21 am

Not of the construction walls specifically, I have tons of photos and I might post some later, but here's one for now!
IMG_20180910_143347_967.jpg

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:33 pm

A person spends a lot of time and money making his basement look like Fantasyland exteriors from Disneyland. I see he even recreated Bench the Ride.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-devoted-fan-created-an-amazingly-detailed-copy-of-dis-1829341464
Only blank more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Wish I knew some HTML code to update the date on this sig. Silver Shamrock.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby bostonlva » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:35 pm

4th Disney hotel is officially dead/Plug pulled

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201810/6330/

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:03 am

bostonlva wrote:4th Disney hotel is officially dead/Plug pulled

I still feel like this is Disney now firing back at the city. Disney desperately needs another hotel for their capacity needs.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:20 am

^But do they desperately need a Four Diamond property or would a moderate resort better serve the area given that Grand Californian and the Disneyland Hotel technically cover the deluxe market?
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Jew » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:47 am

They price all their hotels as four diamond, so if I was Disney I would still build the four diamond and lower the price of paradise pier hotel as the moderate option.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am

Jew wrote:
bostonlva wrote:4th Disney hotel is officially dead/Plug pulled

I still feel like this is Disney now firing back at the city. Disney desperately needs another hotel for their capacity needs.

Completely agree. They 100% need another hotel. Otherwise, people will stay off property anyways.

Jew wrote:They price all their hotels as four diamond, so if I was Disney I would still build the four diamond and lower the price of paradise pier hotel as the moderate option.

This isn't a bad idea! Both the DL Hotel, and the Grand are actually 4 Diamond hotels already. And, any hotel built on that land will be a 4 Diamond Hotel anyways, because of it's location. I am really hoping that a new version of the hotel is announced after the election.

But, also, another moderate hotel would not be a bad idea either. But, I think they cold just expand the Pier hotel and build a new tower, with a different but connected theme. Like the Port Orleans in WDW which has a French Quarter area and a Riverside area.

Postby Jew » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:55 am

^Yeah, Paradise Pier has always been an outlier since it wasn't originally a Disney hotel. Adding another Tower to it and doing more to "Disney" up the original tower would be a good idea as well. And moderate pricing would allow them to have more inventory to compete with the Hilton quality level hotels in the area.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby prospekt88 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:01 pm

That's a bummer that the hotel is getting axed. That end of Downtown Disney could really use something to add some life to it. Especially with Rainforest, ESPN Zone, and AMC sitting idle.

I wonder if they would consider expanding Downtown Disney south through the old AMC theaters and connecting it to Paradise Pier Hotel. It would make the resort side of things a bit more cohesive.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!