Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

P. 887: Hyperspace Mountain returns on May 25th, 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:30 am

The Guardians ride is so much fun. They really did a great job with it. As for the walls, they're replacing the horse-drawn carriage track. It does create some terrible bottlenecks.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:17 pm

You mean the trolly rails embedded intobthe pavement? Why bother removing them? Are they in the way? They add an air of old timey ambience to me.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby trainplane3 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:You mean the trolly rails embedded intobthe pavement? Why bother removing them? Are they in the way? They add an air of old timey ambience to me.

It's just a refurb.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/01/main-street-u-s-a-vehicles-and-dumbo-the-flying-elephant-at-disneyland-park-to-begin-updates-jan-8/

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:15 am

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/new-lamplight-lounge-to-open-june-23-at-pixar-pier-in-disney-california-adventure-park/

When Pixar Pier opens June 23 at Disney California Adventure park, guests will discover a new hot spot at the Lamplight Lounge. This seaside lounge will be an elegant yet fun gathering place for the whole family, located at the entrance of Pixar Pier. And I am excited to answer the question on everyone’s mind: It will serve the guest-favorite Lobster Nachos!

Lamplight Lounge will serve California casual gastro-pub cuisine that is playfully presented along with unique signature cocktails. This seaside lounge contains a full bar with picturesque waterfront views from both upstairs and downstairs. At night, outdoor seating provides views of the illuminated Pixar Pier and “World of Color.”

Renovated from an old warehouse factory, the location has kept many features of the original two-story building. The steel structural elements as well as concrete and brick walls were exposed and repaired to tell the story of its past. The original wood boards from the factory were refinished and given new life as ceiling panels and floors. The furniture style echoes a relaxed feel and the end result is an open, airy and bright place that is organic yet sophisticated.

Lamplight Lounge celebrates the creativity, inspirations and personalities of the artists and storytellers who have brought Pixar stories to life. Guests will discover the artistic marks that the Pixar “regulars” have left throughout the lounge: concept art, a quick sketch on a napkin, knick-knacks and collectable toys of beloved Pixar characters will adorn the space.

Come discover the treasured keepsakes and tastes of Lamplight Lounge when it opens along with Pixar Pier on June 23. Guests wishing to visit the Cove Bar one more time are welcome to stop by as it reopens briefly beginning March 16 before closing again at the end of May for its permanent transformation.
ppfifjkn5678784-624x338.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:30 pm

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/the-tropical-hideaway-discovered-in-adventureland-at-disneyland-park/

Calling all adventurers! There will soon be a new area of Adventureland to explore at Disneyland park.

The former Aladdin’s Oasis will soon be transformed to The Tropical Hideaway! This new experience will soon appear along the tropical shores nestled between the Jungle Cruise and “Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.” This one-of-a-kind destination will be a popular rest stop for Adventureland locals and weary explorers alike. Guests will be able to rub elbows with their favorite skippers in an exotic traders’ market, featuring all of the sights, sounds and flavors of the tropics.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this exciting new location as more is discovered.
jsdfj2345.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

It's nice to see that place finally getting utilized fully again. I just hope it doesn't turn into the next 'cool' place like cove bar or Trader Sam's.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:19 pm

^ From what I've read about this, there's no alcohol being served, as per Disneyland's usual rules about booze, there. Not. :mickey:

By the way, is the original Magic Kingdom, the only MK that's stuck to the no alcohol rule? Just curious.

Including Club 33 doesn't count. Unless they don't serve alcohol either.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:39 am

jray21 wrote:I just hope it doesn't turn into the next 'cool' place like cove bar or Trader Sam's.

It sounds like exactly that - Disneyland's interpretation of Magic Kingdom's Skipper Canteen, with the long required reservations that come with it.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:30 am

^Doesn't sound this this is going to be a place that you can even make a reservation. From the art, it just seems like a quick serve place.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:08 am

COASTER FREAK 11 wrote:^Doesn't sound this this is going to be a place that you can even make a reservation. From the art, it just seems like a quick serve place.

Yes, I was thinking "food court," too. Looks nice, though.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!