TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Soooooooooooo this happened...

C6-0-XMV4AAIYE4.thumb.jpg.96a437a4bc53f456f0371a9465f7adfe.jpg

Mega Size

Source

Those are indeed AT-AT Walkers! And they appear to be the entire height of the building! I really hope they move in some fashion. Maybe just one foot stomping down and the head turning?

In my dreams, one would slide on a track in the ceiling and actually walk toward your ride vehicle!

And here is another (better shot)

C6-vZCwU4AAsvLY.thumb.jpg.6a521425790feda9d2036d8e7e4f2248.jpg

Mega Size

Source

Though, looking at the last pic, mega size, it seems they are 100% stationary.

I'm surprised they didn't put some kind of tarp up over that particular "wall", knowing these photos are popping up all over the net.

Oh well, more awesomeness to be, for us to see!

The Disney Parks Blog has posted a blurb and short video in regards t Star Wars Land!

Star Wars-Themed Lands Come To Life as Construction Progresses at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts

George Savvas

by George Savvas, Public Relations Director, Disneyland Resort

We’re excited to share an update today on the progress of the Star Wars-themed lands being created at Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts!

As you may know, these two new immersive lands will transport guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action.

We’re also creating two incredible new signature attractions: one that lets guests take the controls of Millennium Falcon on a customized secret mission, and an epic Star Wars adventure that puts guests in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.

With so much activity across our 14-acre construction sites as this new world is created, we wanted to show you how things are shaping up in this exclusive video – and you may not believe what you’re looking AT-AT.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

As Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced last month, our Star Wars-themed lands are scheduled to open in 2019. There will be more exciting updates to share in the future as work progresses on each of these galactic lands. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for the latest.

Disney Parks Blog

There was also this image

C7DVQrpWkAQ51N_.thumb.jpg.cd3fb8674b3b3c38aece816920539590.jpg

Mega Size

Glad to see the new signage around the garage. As a first time visitor last fall, that was the one part of my day I hadn't planned, and it wasn't super clear how to navigate it. I played it by ear and made it in time for opening, but signs are a definite improvement. It's always the little things.

Have there been any photos shown of the SWL construction in Hollywood Studios in WDW?

That recent announcement on progress in both parks (see above), really just shows stuff from Disneyland, yes? No?

I'm just curious. But they really do have an advantage in WDW of nothing really being seen, just yet.

Any photos of SWL construction in Florida would be taken from the ground (Unless somebody manages to snag a picture from higher structure that they probably shouldn't be on). It wouldn't be easy to find a good place to take a picture. This is opposed to Disneyland, where standing on top of the parking structure gives you the perfect view of the entire land.

^ I was kind of hoping that maybe Disney would send a drone up and over the construction,

like it was done over Pandora at Animal Kingdom. Something like that, maybe.

Not a fan of how it looks, but if it improves the experience, I'm all for it. As I've said before, this tower was a half assed attempt to replicate the magic of Orlando's.

Not a fan of how it looks, but if it improves the experience, I'm all for it. As I've said before, this tower was a half assed attempt to replicate the magic of Orlando's.

Echoing you here. I am also interested in what kind of night time effects the makeover will bring.

Well, in positive DCA news, some of the food options at the Food & Wine festival are quite good! Really like the lemon macaroon. There is an AP sip and dine card available over by the Paradise Grill, can save a few bucks with that.

I only stopped by the bacon themed booth. Had both the Mac and cheese and a wedge salad that we're both just ok.

I did not care for the "golden" churros, but my son loved them. The poutine at Red Rose Taverne was quite good, but the grey stuff was just ok.