TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

Hvirvelvinden stands on four legs and has a pendulum that swings back and forth. When the ride is in progress, the pendulum swings, while at the same time the pendulum head, which has room for 24 people sitting in a circle, rotates about its own axis. The pendulum swings up to a maximum height of 19 metres (62 feet) and at an angle of 115 degrees. The ride packs a g-force of a hefty 3.8. The new amusement is permitted for all dare-devils over 140 cm (4’6”) in height.

Hvirvelvinden scores 10 on a scale of wildness from 1 to 10

Fårup Sommerland was set up in 1975 and was able to celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2015. The amusement park is visited annually by some 600,000 guests, 80 percent of whom are Danes. Fårup Sommerland has a visitor satisfaction rate of no less than 99 percent and over the years has won a great many awards, including for secondbest amusement park in Europe (Kirmes, 2015 & 2016), third-best service in the world (IAAPA, 2015), Denmark’s best amusement park (2014) and Denmark’s best summerland (2014). Fårup Sommerland’s vision is to be the epitome of unique experiences for families throughout the Nordic region.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode Drage Kongen earlier this week and I wanted to share my experience.

I had planned to ride it first thing in the morning, however it was down Actually it was down until 15:00. And from reading comments om their Facebook-page Drage Kongen have a lot of downtime. ( it is a prototype kinda so this is understandable)

Now the seats and the restraints are very confortable ( Same as Taron)

I think the ride is very good with some nice forces until it reaches the "airtime" hill with no airtime... After this it just meanders around until it reaches the brakes, there are very little forces in this section, on the first ride I had we barely made it to the brakerun.

The worst thing however is that it has a really BAD rattle, If this thing had otsr's it would be awful.

In conclusion the ride is okay and looks great but I left feeling underwhelmed. Although not from the same manufacturer Orkanen at Fårup is far superior

My experience with Dragekongen back in June was much the same as yours. Yes, I know it's family ride, but for it's size I was expecting just a little bit more. As for the rattle we rode in the front seat, so while it was noticable, it wasn't bad at all. But it might be worse further back. The ride also broke down during our visit, with a train full of guests stuck on the lifthill.

Juvelen on the other hand, now that is a kick-ass family coaster!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Djurs Sommerland has sent us a press release about the two new attractions the park is adding for the 2018 season!

Over the past 10 years, Scandinavia’s biggest summerland has invested more than EUR 55 million in product development and new rides. For the 2018 season, Djurs Sommerland has again made six-figure investments and will be unveiling two new attractions. Last year, Danish and foreign families enjoyed breathtaking rides in the new DrageKongen – Europe’s fastest and longest Family Suspended Coaster This year, new experiences await the whole family when a children’s coaster and a family ride are ready for the season opening.

Young thrill-seekers and their families can look forward to fun new experiences in Djurs Sommerland when the summerland opens again on 27 April 2018. Visitors to Djurs Sommerland will get to try out the Safaribussen family ride and feel the exhilaration of riding the Jungle Rally children’s coaster. Passengers in Safaribussen will have to fasten their seatbelts and hold on tight as the bus passes through the Asian landscape. The ride is full of surprises when the driver suddenly loses his way and drives round in circles. There is plenty of speed and excitement for the youngest in Jungle Rally, as they jump behind the steering wheel with the whole family

and soar through the wild jungle.

“At Djurs Sommerland, we have a focus on new quality rides that make it a great experience for families with children of all ages to visit the park. To complement our other attractions, we are investing EUR 2 million in the coming season in two new rides which are popular in major amusement parks around the world. We are confident that Safaribussen, which has no restrictions, and Jungle Rally, which our youngest visitors down to 90cm tall can try out, will also be well

received in Djurs Sommerland,” says CEO Henrik B. Nielsen

Renewal creates growth

“This year’s additions will be located in the same area as our most recent investment, DrageKongen, and will eventually form part of a new theme area in the park,” adds Henrik B. Nielsen. DrageKongen, Europe’s fastest and longest Suspended Coaster, is a spectacular ride. It offers an exhilarating and breathtaking experience, rising 30 metres into the air before diving down an underground tunnel at 85 km/h. The 825-metre-long roller coaster opened in 2017, and with a price tag of EUR 12 million, represents the biggest single investment in a Danish amusement park to date. In addition to DrageKongen, Djurs Sommerland has also invested in Piraten, Juvelen and Skatteøen in recent years – roller coasters which stand out on account of their size, quality and unique features, and which rank among the best internationally.

“Renewal is vitally important in our field, and our investments in 27 new rides over the past 10 years have accelerated our visitor numbers – most recently setting an impressive record of over 808,000 guests in 2017, which we aim to beat in 2018. We look forward to yet another season where we can unveil exciting new attractions for our guests,” concludes Henrik B. Nielsen.

1052537109_2newridesinDjursSommerland2018.thumb.jpg.96a49cdeed35231f17c79a508980ced9.jpg

1003795458_DrageKongen_EuropesfastestandlongestFamilySuspendedCoaster_DjursSommerland.thumb.jpg.944ab3f3b2d5d79d51264d0c2cfaf106.jpg

DVnq5PJVAAAOfbW.thumb.jpg.5ee23b873ae584b0edbc7454631fd75b.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 1 month later...
^That does look toats adorbs! Any more word on these new attractions? It's been a while.

Not much outside of the official channels since the park doesn't open until the 27th.

Like the rusty look on those cars while still keeping their cuteness.

• 2 months later...
Djurs is really turning into Intamin Land, isn't it?

I mean it's much better than Zamperla Land, isn't it? (Looking at you, Särkänniemi and OWA)

I certainly don't mind more Intamin, but if/when Djurs announces a Sky Jump (and finally gets building permission for a tower ride), I'm immediately booking my flight tickets! Although I don't really need another reason to re-visit Djurs. It was one of my favourite park experiences thus far! The park is just epic with all the bouncies

"One can never have....too much.....Djurs."

I'm an idiot, it just came to me, WOO HOO for Djurs!

It's a really great park, and with all this, can only

be more awesome!

931562720_ResizeofIMG_5041.JPG.a15a9d55857cce28ca5332aeb8e51929.JPG

TPR 2014 Scandi Tour. Early morning entry, before riding Piraten.

• 2 years later...

Bad news out of Djurs Sommerland overnight... There was a fire at one of the park's dining locations, the Pirate's Food Market. It happened after hours, no guests were involved and no team members were injured.

A fire broke out in a restaurant in Djurs Sommerland on Thursday night, the police inform.

The fire occurred in the exhaust, but developed, and police expect the building to burn down completely.

No people have been injured, East Jutland Police informs on Twitter.

The fire alarm in Pirate’s Food Market came on shortly before 7 pm. The fire developed and the flames caught hold of the roof structure.

https://nord.news/2020/10/15/fire-ravaged-restaurant-in-amusement-park/

1664626_600_0_17_0_965_667_2.jpg?w=1200&