Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: Steel Farce and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby DorneyKid14 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 am

From what I have been told, they next few years will be nice for not just dorney, but a lot of the smaller parks. The new CEO loves the smaller parks in the chain, and will be investing a lot of money in those parks.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phant0mF1re » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

So I always read about how Dorney has really small crowds and is never busy...is that still the case during their Halloween event? Instead of fighting the crowds at Cedar Point...i'm kinda thinking it might be a good time to hit up Dorney since I've never been there and have a Platinum Pass this year.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:57 am

There will be crowds during the Haunt on Saturdays. Major coasters will be about 30 minutes, mazes over an hour.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 am

We always go to Dorney for haunt because it's dead. There are like two mazes that might get lines and Steel Force and Talon might max out at 30 minutes for a few hours in the evening but it's basically same old, same old. For most of the day and late at night, all coasters are walk-ons and the mazes clear out fast.

Pro tip: The earlier you go in the year, the more of a ghost town the place will be. Also, there's a decent chance they'll run their log flume during the day those first few weekends and it's probably the best ride in the park. If you go on a Friday night early on the place is hilariously dead.

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:14 am

coasterbill wrote:Also, there's a decent chance they'll run their log flume during the day those first few weekends and it's probably the best ride in the park.

We all love the log flume. For some reason though this year rather than the standard "light, refreshing mist" we've usually gotten, it's been turned up to "Whitewater Landing-light" mode.

That coaster dad [314] and that coaster kiddo [165]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Phant0mF1re » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:34 am

coasterbill wrote:We always go to Dorney for haunt because it's dead. There are like two mazes that might get lines and Steel Force and Talon might max out at 30 minutes for a few hours in the evening but it's basically same old, same old. For most of the day and late at night, all coasters are walk-ons and the mazes clear out fast.

Pro tip: The earlier you go in the year, the more of a ghost town the place will be. Also, there's a decent chance they'll run their log flume during the day those first few weekends and it's probably the best ride in the park. If you go on a Friday night early on the place is hilariously dead.

Well this sounds lovely. Troegs would be on the way back too so...uh...I may make my first ever Dorney visit this year!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:40 am

I saw the haunt mazes generating decent sized queues, but the coasters were complete walk-ons outside of the Wild Mouse. Even still, the Mouse was only a 15-20 minute wait despite its laughably bad capacity.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:06 am

I waited in them hour plus lines before the haunt mazes but they were terrible. Not scary at all. Will only for night rides during the haunt for now on.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:18 pm

coneyislandchris wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Also, there's a decent chance they'll run their log flume during the day those first few weekends and it's probably the best ride in the park.

We all love the log flume. For some reason though this year rather than the standard "light, refreshing mist" we've usually gotten, it's been turned up to "Whitewater Landing-light" mode.

YES! That log flume is so good. More splash, more fun!
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby YoshiFan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm

It's that really small drop right before you go under lift hill that seems to always get me soaked.

If there isn't going to be anything on the ride side added next year (or nothing major), I hope there is at least a new addition to Wildwater Kingdom. Next year will be 5 years since Snake Pit was added and it would be nice to see something else to help spread out crowds more. Yesterday was the most crowded I have seen the water park all season (for a weekday). Many of the slides had lines to the bottom of the stairs. Aquablast looked like it had over an hour wait.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!