Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Genx24 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:40 am

Thank you. I was digging around their website but didn't come across that.
Total Coasters: 140

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Location: Crystal Beach, Ontario circa 1969 via the Wabac Machine

Postby Mr.Peabody » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:00 am

I was at the park yesterday (instead of Knoebels, where we're going today) and walked on just about everything. Does anyone have any idea why they asked us to take off our fanny packs on Thunderhawk? We wore them on every other ride, including Talon and Hydra.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby thesman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:42 pm

Mr.Peabody wrote:I was at the park yesterday (instead of Knoebels, where we're going today) and walked on just about everything. Does anyone have any idea why they asked us to take off our fanny packs on Thunderhawk? We wore them on every other ride, including Talon and Hydra.

Pretty sure thats what PTC recommends

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby SkyToro » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:16 pm

It looks like all the details for Haunt are live. Necropolis is a retheme/replacement for Grave Walkers, Cut Throat Island is no more (thankfully), and it looks like Trick or Treat will have dimmer or no lights this year. Also, Blood Drums returns for another year as the major show, with no more Skeleton Crew. https://www.dorneypark.com/play/haunt/attractions
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

I Love Donkeys!

Postby Steel Farce » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:50 am

It's going to be a disappointing 2019 for the dry side from what I heard last night. Capex is being reduced largely due to bad weather/slow attendance.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:54 am

How long has it been since any year hasn't been "disappointing" for the dry side? 2008 with Possessed? Dorney is what it is, and I enjoy it for that, but expecting large-scale investment in this park is a pipe dream.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:59 am

Mike240SX wrote:How long has it been since any year hasn't been "disappointing" for the dry side? 2008 with Possessed? Dorney is what it is, and I enjoy it for that, but expecting large-scale investment in this park is a pipe dream.

We all miss Richard. Back in the day when the pre paramount parks received investments larger then they should of :lmao:
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:39 am

Mike240SX wrote:How long has it been since any year hasn't been "disappointing" for the dry side? 2008 with Possessed? Dorney is what it is, and I enjoy it for that, but expecting large-scale investment in this park is a pipe dream.

Disappointing shouldn't really be the word since people should have reasonable expectations by now, but we got Demon Drop in 2010 so by your metric it's probably that (unless anyone liked Stinger). I'm still confused as to why they seriously moved Demon Drop and thought it was a good idea but I'm SO glad they did it. :lol:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:18 am

Snake Pit was a pretty good addition too, especially considering the water side is usually busier. But since then haven't they only gotten some bumper cars and flyers?
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Boulder Dash, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Stricker's Grove & Camden Park

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:Snake Pit was a pretty good addition too, especially considering the water side is usually busier. But since then haven't they only gotten some bumper cars and flyers?

And a troika and a chicken tender stand.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!