Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby WOFanatic » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:34 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:
boldikus wrote:God please let it be that. For one, the park could use it. Also the bitching and crying about it will be epic.

And it would bring them back to three inverts after having lost Stinger. Is there any park with more inverts?

Kings Island has 4.
Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Maverick 3. Monster (Adventureland) 4. Outlaw Run 5. Beast 6. Storm Chaser (Kentucky Kingdom) 7. Incredible Hulk 8. Goliath (Great America) 9. Mystic Timbers 10. Rougarou

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:38 pm

What? They literally just put in that brand new patch of grass, and they're taking it out already?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Haunting » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:55 pm

YoshiFan wrote:Even though I want something more thrilling, the park does need another under 48" coaster.

At this point, a family coaster would definitely do, so I do agree.

By the looks of the "leaked layout", if it were to be a wooden coaster, I'd imagine it to be something like Wooden Warrior. It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

boldikus wrote:God please let it be that. For one, the park could use it. Also the bitching and crying about it will be epic.
New Bitmap Image.bmp

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Haunting wrote:It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

Wasn't Thunderation the last mine train in 1993? I can't think of a newer one than that. And yes, I know about Seven Dwarves, it's not the same thing. Pretty sure the mine train died with Arrow.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby grsupercity » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:05 pm

Wasn't this a thought at one time?

Also I believe Chance is building a new mine train at the Adventure dome
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Okay, that's genuinely exciting. I love mine trains like Coasterbill loves log flumes. I might legit plan a Vegas trip around that.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Haunting » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:15 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Haunting wrote:It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

Wasn't Thunderation the last mine train in 1993? I can't think of a newer one than that. And yes, I know about Seven Dwarves, it's not the same thing. Pretty sure the mine train died with Arrow.

I did have Seven Dwarfs in mind, along with Calamity Mine and Mammut. Maybe it was the wrong categorization? I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mike240SX » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:21 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:

Vekoma still makes Mine Trains, or did as recently as 2016.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=8129
-Mike
Total Coasters: 133
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Skyrush, Intimidator 305, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf, Volcano
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Comet (Hershey), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White, Gemini

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

It's just that Seven Dwarves has the swinging cars that makes it different. As for the other two, how dare you bring up non-American coasters? :lol: Just watched videos of those two, and they look great, and I now want to go to there. Thanks!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:09 pm

I know this doesn't really sync up with that leaked layout, but that space could totally be used for another RMC Raptor clone, like Rail Blazer. It's a smaller expenditure, but one that would still deliver mega thrills for Dorney. I know the popular thought now is they'll never add another big coaster, but they WERE a prime CF park before the Paramount parks purchase, and their day will come again for a new coaster, I have no doubt. Now, MiA, on the other hand... :lol:

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5.Twisted Timbers 6.The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10.Phantom's Revenge Honorable Mentions: Ravine Flyer II Shivering Timbers, Kraken Mako Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!