Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Genx24 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Although I liked the holding brake, I prefer Possessed without it.
Total Coasters: 139

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue May 08, 2018 4:26 pm

SLCHeadache wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:Dorney's impulse is the only one I've ever seen a holding break active on and I actually really enjoyed it.

I experienced the holding brake on Valleyfair's impulse, and thought much more of it than of Dorney's (which wasn't running it when I rode it) because of it.

Same here. Those Intamin inverted impulse coasters are all great, but Steel Venom is the best of the bunch.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Tue May 08, 2018 4:46 pm

The holding brake really added to the experience on Steel Venom for me. It felt old hat on Possessed, but I'm still in favor of them. I wish the one at SFGAm worked, but I don't even miss the one at SFDK anymore because the different layout makes up for it. I don't wish for it on Wicked Twister, either, since that one also has uniqueness in its favor.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Steel Farce » Wed May 09, 2018 1:26 pm

So was there a fence or anything worth noting down at the old Stinger site? They should setup the old skyride to get people out to the Flying Eagles considering how empty that area is. Turdville.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby SkyToro » Wed May 09, 2018 7:11 pm

Steel Farce wrote:So was there a fence or anything worth noting down at the old Stinger site? They should setup the old skyride to get people out to the Flying Eagles considering how empty that area is. Turdville.

Nope, just new normal park fencing where the entrance was and all the same old fencing around the rest of where Stinger was. It's a bit odd that the Cedar Creek Flyers weren't relocated to where the Chance Carousel or Snoopy's Bounce House were. Where it's at now, they may as well just close it to save on staffing.
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Physical » Tue May 15, 2018 6:02 pm

DorneyKid14 wrote:
boldikus wrote:
DorneyKid14 wrote:The holding brake on possessed will never work again.

Can you (or anyone affiliated w/ the park) confirm if its because of budget/how much power it sucks up, or because its broken and somehow irreparable? I've heard both excuses. Either way its lame.

I was told by both a few ride supervisors and a few people from maintenance that it is because it uses so much electricity to run.

seconding this. My information comes from one of the maintenance foremen.
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 94, Wood: 30, Total: 124, Parks: 16, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Thu May 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Does anyone know if demon drop algae been running this season? Going tomorrow and it was closed a lot st the end of last season. Hoping it’ll be up and running!
Yankee Cannonball <3

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby DorneyKid14 » Sat May 19, 2018 10:46 am

Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby grsupercity » Sat May 19, 2018 11:40 am

I wonder if most Cedar Fair parks will get dorms since most of them seem to be struggling with staffing issues
Best Wood Lightning Rod....Goliath SFGAM....Shivering Timbers....Storm Chaser...Voyage
Best Steel Maverick...Lighting Run.....Montu...Mako..Fury...Afterburn...Manta
Honorable mentions Kumba..Raging Bull..Legend..Cornball..M Force..Rapter..Mr Freeze

You know what....Way to many good coasters the best :lmao:

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby SkyToro » Wed May 30, 2018 3:24 pm

Stopped by the park for a few hours today, and here's a few things worth noting. Kaleidoscope definitely wasn't running as intended last year. This year it is noticeably faster and just seems to be operating more normally, for a much better ride (I haven't ridden KD's troika in a while, but from what I remember Kaleidoscope may even be running a bit faster than that now). Also, behind the old Stinger maintenance shed, there are a bunch of trees and other foliage in planters. I'm assuming this is what will be taking over Stinger's grass area (how exciting). I also got my first ride on Thunderhawk this season. The final turnaround is definitely noticeably smoother, but the ride still sucks with the new trains.

Edit: Misspelled a word
Last edited by SkyToro on Wed May 30, 2018 5:40 pm.
Former Dorney Park Team Leader (Rides) & Area Supervisor (HAUNT)
1. Steel Vengeance 2. Twisted Timbers 3. Lightning Rod 4. Maverick 5. El Toro 6. Skyrush 7. Fury 325 8. Intimidator 305 9. Millennium Force 10. Wicked Cyclone 11. Storm Runner 12. Fahrenheit 13. Phoenix 14. Afterburn 15. Mind Bender

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!