Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby SLCHeadache » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:31 pm

I didn't find Stinger that bad, I preferred it over Flying Cobras and Mind Eraser (SFA, crappy old trains).
Top steel: Intimidator 305 / Fury 325 / Tatsu / Storm Runner / Twisted Colossus
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Besides the issues of having to worry you could get stuck on the lift for 90 minutes or the ride valleying (it happened more often compared to other boomerangs), I hated the restraints because I felt they pushed into my shoulders and I found the ride to have too much headbanging, especially in the cobra roll.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Physical » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:05 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:It was really painful, like T3 and Ninja painful.

I had the chance to ride Stinger quite a bit when I lived 10 minutes from the park, honestly it was only truly horrible if sat in the very front, or the very back. Stinger was the only ride I can think of that provided the best it had to offer in the middle. I maintain sitting in car 4 (the exact center of the train) was a smooth, enjoyable, and extremely forceful experience.

I have mixed feelings about Stinger being removed. It definitely wasn't a great ride, by any means. However it still gave a pretty fun ride (and an assured grey out) in car 4. I can definitely see myself at Dorney in 2018 going "Man, I really want to ride Stinger."

RIP Stinger, the most "Yeah might as well ride it, it's there" coaster ever.
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 94, Wood: 30, Total: 124, Parks: 16, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby joelwee » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:42 pm

I haven't yet ridden either of those, so I still don't know what you mean. :lol: Was it typical Vekoma headbanging, or did it have other issues?
Seat, don't fail me now!

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:22 pm

Physical wrote:

I had the chance to ride Stinger quite a bit when I lived 10 minutes from the park, honestly it was only truly horrible if sat in the very front, or the very back. Stinger was the only ride I can think of that provided the best it had to offer in the middle. I maintain sitting in car 4 (the exact center of the train) was a smooth, enjoyable, and extremely forceful experience.

Huh, weird. Yeah, I sat in the front because it was a walkon because Dorney.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Physical » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:42 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:
Physical wrote:

Huh, weird. Yeah, I sat in the front because it was a walkon because Dorney.

I can understand that logic. First time I rode it I too chose the very front car.

Just because Stinger occasionally gave a good ride in a specific car on a lottery of specific days, doens't make it a good ride. Just means I have some fond memories of a ride :)
Former Dorney Park ride operator - 2015 season - Demon Drop | Card carrying member of Flyers Addicts Anonymous
Steel: 94, Wood: 30, Total: 124, Parks: 16, Favorite Park: Knoebels
Love List: (Steel) Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Maverick, Afterburn | (Wood) Twisted Timbers, Lightning Rod, El Toro, Thunderhead | (Flats) Flyers, Power Surge, Top Spin

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Steel Farce » Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 am

No one hit up the season pass event yesterday? Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades. Hopefully newsplusnotes captures something.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon May 07, 2018 8:49 am

Steel Farce wrote: Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades.

They put in a brand new lawn next to Possessed. It's quite an upgrade.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby DorneyKid14 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:46 am

boldikus wrote:
Steel Farce wrote: Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades.

Also added a new 'Dorney Park' sign in the flower bed in front of apollo.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon May 07, 2018 6:34 pm

boldikus wrote:

:nina: Truth.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!