TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

Wasn't Thunderation the last mine train in 1993? I can't think of a newer one than that. And yes, I know about Seven Dwarves, it's not the same thing. Pretty sure the mine train died with Arrow.

I did have Seven Dwarfs in mind, along with Calamity Mine and Mammut. Maybe it was the wrong categorization? I couldn't think of anything else to call it.

It also looks like it could be a mine train coaster, too. Throwing in ideas here...

Wasn't Thunderation the last mine train in 1993? I can't think of a newer one than that. And yes, I know about Seven Dwarves, it's not the same thing. Pretty sure the mine train died with Arrow.

Vekoma still makes Mine Trains, or did as recently as 2016.

https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&ml=8129

It's just that Seven Dwarves has the swinging cars that makes it different. As for the other two, how dare you bring up non-American coasters? Just watched videos of those two, and they look great, and I now want to go to there. Thanks!

I know this doesn't really sync up with that leaked layout, but that space could totally be used for another RMC Raptor clone, like Rail Blazer. It's a smaller expenditure, but one that would still deliver mega thrills for Dorney. I know the popular thought now is they'll never add another big coaster, but they WERE a prime CF park before the Paramount parks purchase, and their day will come again for a new coaster, I have no doubt. Now, MiA, on the other hand...

I know this doesn't really sync up with that leaked layout, but that space could totally be used for another RMC Raptor clone, like Rail Blazer. It's a smaller expenditure, but one that would still deliver mega thrills for Dorney.

Could be a new clone design.

But I'm not holding my breath just yet for anything.

Does anyone know if funpix is transferable to other parks in the same season? I can’t seem to get an answer from DP, CP, KI or CW, which are all part of a road trip this summer!

I don't see Dorney on the list: https://www.carowinds.com/tickets-passes/funpix

Can I use my FunPix card at other Cedar Fair parks?

All Season FunPix cardholders will get to capture, collect and share all of their photos at all other FunPix parks in 2018:

California’s Great America

Canada’s Wonderland

Carowinds

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Kings Dominion

Knott’s Berry Farm

Worlds of Fun

Even though I want something more thrilling, the park does need another under 48" coaster. All someone under 48" can ride is Wild Mouse and the kiddie coaster...

Although I agree with you on that front, when I bring my daughter to the park, she's not at a loss for things to do. Although there's only one coaster she can currently ride at 40", she has a blast on all their flat rides. She's currently able to ride:

- Antique Carousel

- Apollo

- Cedar Creek Cannonball

- Cedar Creek Flyers

- Ferris Wheel

- Monster

- Musik Express

- Road Rally

- Scrambler

- Sea Dragon

- Thunder Creek Mountain

- Tilt-a-Whirl

- Whip

- Zephyr

...and nearly everything in Planet Snoopy, excluding the Linus Launcher. I still think it's a pretty good family park, just not one for the littler coaster riders (and, frankly, given its location, it doesn't need to be when you have options like Knoebels and Hersheypark within an hour's drive).

Does anyone know if funpix is transferable to other parks in the same season? I can’t seem to get an answer from DP, CP, KI or CW, which are all part of a road trip this summer!

Dorney is not part of the Funpix program. I think there's a grand total of three rides with photo ops in the entire park (Steel Force, Hydra, and Talon), and half of the time the Hydra and Talon ones are closed anyway. No great loss.

Can I use my FunPix card at other Cedar Fair parks?

All Season FunPix cardholders will get to capture, collect and share all of their photos at all other FunPix parks in 2018:

California’s Great America

Canada’s Wonderland

Carowinds

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Kings Dominion

Knott’s Berry Farm

Worlds of Fun

Reminds me of the Geauga Lake days. Let's hope Dorney doesn't see the same fate.

I might be heading to Dorney for the first time ever in late July on a Saturday. How much time should I plan to spend there before heading to knoebels for the evening?

I'm just trying to ride all the coasters, reride the good ones, and ride all the unique flats and water rides.

I might be heading to Dorney for the first time ever in late July on a Saturday. How much time should I plan to spend there before heading to knoebels for the evening?

I'm just trying to ride all the coasters, reride the good ones, and ride all the unique flats and water rides.

You’ll be done with Dorney in about 90 minutes

Ride Steel Force & Thunderhawk in the front, Talon front far right, Possessed & Hydra in the back.

Hit the mouse first if you need to do it.

Do not skip the flume or Demon Drop. The Whip is good, Apollo is great.

Spoke with Mike Fehnel over the holiday and the leaked ride layout is a fake. While the park has "exciting" plans for that portion of the park, this is all a well done hoax. Dinosaurs is nearly extinct (we knew this) and there will be a focus on upgrading existing attractions in the water park.

I was at the arcade getting a voucher from the ticket counting machines after spending $1.00 at some coin pushing machine. The first machine jammed up and when the voucher printed it has Kings Dominion listed. I go to the other machine and on that voucher it prints out Great Escape Lodge as the name. They couldn't even bother to get the correct park name printed on the vouchers. I should have gone to the other machine and seen what park name would print out on that voucher and it will be interesting when I go to redeem the vouchers, if they tell me they are from another park.

DorneyArcade.PNG.50c462640046a73108019149bbd89cf2.PNG

I can somewhat understand Kings Dominion considering it's the same chain, but that's hysterical that it printed out something for the Great Escape Lodge. Well if they don't accept it at Dorney, you can save up for something big next time you go to Lake George.

I was at the arcade getting a voucher from the ticket counting machines after spending $1.00 at some coin pushing machine. The first machine jammed up and when the voucher printed it has Kings Dominion listed. I go to the other machine and on that voucher it prints out Great Escape Lodge as the name. They couldn't even bother to get the correct park name printed on the vouchers. I should have gone to the other machine and seen what park name would print out on that voucher and it will be interesting when I go to redeem the vouchers, if they tell me they are from another park.

[attachment=0]DorneyArcade.PNG[/attachment]

If this isn't the most Dorney thing ever, I don't see what is.

[attachment=0]DorneyArcade.PNG[/attachment]

Are there single rider lines?

That depends. Are you by yourself? If so, then every line will instantly become a single rider line as soon as you step into it. The single rider line dumps you right on to a single rider train.

As for the Fastlane question, I’m barely even holding it together now. If I try to type out a response to that I may actually die laughing. I can’t go on...

Thinking of going next Saturday (7/28) - is Fast Lane basically a must?

Man, I needed a good laugh. Thanks for that.

Seriously though, absolutely not. The dry side of the park will be a ghost town, like it is every day.