TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Wasn't there a rumor that this may be the last year of Dinosaurs Alive! for the CF chain?

If so and it does get removed . . . perhaps it and the old Stinger site could be used for a GCI or Gravity Group woodie?

Oh man can we not start with this? Its been a good 4-5 months since this was mentioned. There is absolutely nothing to this perpetual rumor that seems like it will never die. The park could add 4 B&Ms and enthusiasts would still be all "Dinos Alive, guys. GCI woodie all the way!!"

Lmao I was literally like “here we go again” when I saw this.

This rumour is going on year 5-6 now.

... That view of nothing at all is better than looking at Stinger.

Was Stinger really that bad?? -- I only ask because it's pretty much a clone of Invertigo at KI, and Invertigo really isn't that bad. Is it great? No. But it's very re-rideable, and much better than a traditional sit down boomerang.

Was Stinger really that bad?? -- I only ask because it's pretty much a clone of Invertigo at KI, and Invertigo really isn't that bad. Is it great? No. But it's very re-rideable, and much better than a traditional sit down boomerang.

I completely agree with your opinion of Invertigo. Stinger is not even close to it in terms of quality. Stinger was one of the few coasters I couldn't wait to get off as soon as it started going. It was horrible and will not be missed.

I completely agree with your opinion of Invertigo. Stinger is not even close to it in terms of quality. Stinger was one of the few coasters I couldn't wait to get off as soon as it started going. It was horrible and will not be missed.

What made Stinger so much worse than Invertigo?

Besides the issues of having to worry you could get stuck on the lift for 90 minutes or the ride valleying (it happened more often compared to other boomerangs), I hated the restraints because I felt they pushed into my shoulders and I found the ride to have too much headbanging, especially in the cobra roll.

It was really painful, like T3 and Ninja painful.

I had the chance to ride Stinger quite a bit when I lived 10 minutes from the park, honestly it was only truly horrible if sat in the very front, or the very back. Stinger was the only ride I can think of that provided the best it had to offer in the middle. I maintain sitting in car 4 (the exact center of the train) was a smooth, enjoyable, and extremely forceful experience.

I have mixed feelings about Stinger being removed. It definitely wasn't a great ride, by any means. However it still gave a pretty fun ride (and an assured grey out) in car 4. I can definitely see myself at Dorney in 2018 going "Man, I really want to ride Stinger."

RIP Stinger, the most "Yeah might as well ride it, it's there" coaster ever.

I had the chance to ride Stinger quite a bit when I lived 10 minutes from the park, honestly it was only truly horrible if sat in the very front, or the very back. Stinger was the only ride I can think of that provided the best it had to offer in the middle. I maintain sitting in car 4 (the exact center of the train) was a smooth, enjoyable, and extremely forceful experience.

Huh, weird. Yeah, I sat in the front because it was a walkon because Dorney.

Huh, weird. Yeah, I sat in the front because it was a walkon because Dorney.

I can understand that logic. First time I rode it I too chose the very front car.

Just because Stinger occasionally gave a good ride in a specific car on a lottery of specific days, doens't make it a good ride. Just means I have some fond memories of a ride

• 3 weeks later...
Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades.

They put in a brand new lawn next to Possessed. It's quite an upgrade.

Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades.

They put in a brand new lawn next to Possessed. It's quite an upgrade.

Also added a new 'Dorney Park' sign in the flower bed in front of apollo.

No one hit up the season pass event yesterday? Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades. Hopefully newsplusnotes captures something.

I was at the park on opening day. There's more things gone than there are new. Stinger is gone, dining options on the season pass meal plan are more limited, and Thunderhawk is closed because 6 months wasn't enough time to retrack 150 ft of track.

The only things new are the burrito place (which I haven't tried), the Dorney Park sign by Apollo, and more Coca-Cola refresh stations (still no Freestyle stations). They're also teasing Haunt down by the Grave Walkers entrance with new props set up already.

The only other things worth mentioning is that the holding break on Possessed still isn't working and I've heard the Troika is running at a normal speed now (last year it didn't seem to operate as fast as every other Troika I've been on, but I haven't personally ridden it this year yet).

And that's pretty much it, nothing exciting at all.

No one hit up the season pass event yesterday? Damn, was expecting a little rundown of infrastructure upgrades. Hopefully newsplusnotes captures something.

I was at the park on opening day. There's more things gone than there are new. Stinger is gone, dining options on the season pass meal plan are more limited, and Thunderhawk is closed because 6 months wasn't enough time to retrack 150 ft of track.

The only things new are the burrito place (which I haven't tried), the Dorney Park sign by Apollo, and more Coca-Cola refresh stations (still no Freestyle stations). They're also teasing Haunt down by the Grave Walkers entrance with new props set up already.

The only other things worth mentioning is that the holding break on Possessed still isn't working and I've heard the Troika is running at a normal speed now (last year it didn't seem to operate as fast as every other Troika I've been on, but I haven't personally ridden it this year yet).

And that's pretty much it, nothing exciting at all.

If they went to the trouble to add more soda fountains, I would have liked to have seen at least a couple of Freestyle machines added instead. Besides the regular fountains attracting bees (the one near the entrance is usually really bad), I hate how limited the flavor selections are. Maybe the Freestyle machines attract bees too but I never noticed it at the outdoor machines at Great Adventure.

Thunderhawk closed makes the decision for me to stay away until June easier. Not that I think Thunderhawk is that good of a coaster, it's difficult to justify going to the park for only 4 coasters (not counting Wild Mouse) and WWK not open for the season yet.

The holding brake on possessed will never work again.

Can you (or anyone affiliated w/ the park) confirm if its because of budget/how much power it sucks up, or because its broken and somehow irreparable? I've heard both excuses. Either way its lame.