TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I'd like to think a Chance Hyper lite would be an option. But for some reason they just are not popping up. After Lighting Run was added to Kentucky Kingdom, I expected to see lots of them. Its sad really. And I haven't even ridden Lighting Run yet, but from every review I've read, it is amazing.

Side note: I had to correct my spelling of Lighting Run from Lighting Rod twice while I typed that. I knew it was going to be a problem lol!

There have been rumors of a second gate for quite awhile. While we all point to the Dino path for future expansion I believe the front of the park (all the land immediately to the left of the entrance road, except for Possessed, is key for redevelopment. There is a lot of old infrastructure there and paths that serve little to no purpose (eat shit ferris wheel). I see a whole revamp of the area over time, which will eventually bleed into the lower midway.

If we're talking crackpot theories (as we usually are in this thread. Source: I love crackpot Dorney theories.) Then we're due for a 2nd gate coupled with a terrain gate coaster. Being realistic, I could see Kanonen going in, it'd fit, it'd be a nice addition, but honestly I don't think it'll happen. I haven't chatted with my source from Dorney Maintenance in a while, but next time I see him I'll ask. As of mid season 2017, he'd heard nothing of a new (dry side) ride, let alone a new coaster. He's a foreman, so I trust his intel.

You can’t go wrong with another Intamin Accelerator. But for now, I’m gonna remain skeptical until we see something like a permit filed (that has matching stats) or something along those lines.

Basically this, I lived in the same township as Dorney for 21 years, South Whitehall does not fuck around with permits. We'd be seeing approval meetings for such an addition right this second, if it's going in in 2019. The neighbors (especially around Stingers former location) do not like noise. There's a retirement home about 2000 feet from the very edge of Dino's Alive, and they would not be happy with an Intamin accelerator.

Drove past the lower section of the park on Sunday and there is still very little sign of activity. Have to imagine that will pick up in the next couple weeks. Will be really interesting to see if they keep the flyers down there by themselves.

I drove by a week ago and saw no progress other than the chain lift being removed, and the absense of the train, but that's just standard off-season maintenance stuff, not a whole lot going on around there as far as I can tell. I'll be in the area this upcoming weekend, so I'll snag some pics for everybody.

It appears that Valleyfair has challenged Dorney Park regarding the upcoming Eagles - Vikings game.

https://www.facebook.com/dorneypark/posts/10156003506951788

And the winner is playing for a chance to lose a bet to Six Flags New England. Luckily Cedar Fair already has a Patriot logo at the ready so they don't have to put in too much effort.

It appears that Valleyfair has challenged Dorney Park regarding the upcoming Eagles - Vikings game.

https://www.facebook.com/dorneypark/posts/10156003506951788

And the winner is playing for a chance to lose a bet to Six Flags New England. Luckily Cedar Fair already has a Patriot logo at the ready so they don't have to put in too much effort.

Nah. Jags are pulling off the upset.

It's nice to see one of the teams I root for involved in one of these bets. Usually as a Philadelphia sports fan, I'm used to seeing other teams involved. One thing that surprised me was how many Steelers fans there are in the Allentown area and in the Scranton area. The Sears near me has no Eagles items and all Steelers even though Pittsburgh is close to 5 hours away compared to 2 hours to Philadelphia from Scranton and just over an hour from Allentown.

One good thing about going to Dorney is at least I avoid negative comments when I wear Phillies and Eagles shirts, compared to Great Adventure where I have had some comments I can't repeat here said when I wear those same shirts.

It's nice to see one of the teams I root for involved in one of these bets. Usually as a Philadelphia sports fan, I'm used to seeing other teams involved. One thing that surprised me was how many Steelers fans there are in the Allentown area and in the Scranton area. The Sears near me has no Eagles items and all Steelers even though Pittsburgh is close to 5 hours away compared to 2 hours to Philadelphia from Scranton and just over an hour from Allentown.

One good thing about going to Dorney is at least I avoid negative comments when I wear Phillies and Eagles shirts, compared to Great Adventure where I have had some comments I can't repeat here said when I wear those same shirts.

Growing up in Allentown, I have to agree. I think it's people that want to root for a (historically) winning team. Since I've been alive, the Eagles have well... we've kinda sucked. The past 2 seasons since we picked up Wentz are really weird for me. Too much winning, it's not natural as an Eagles fan.

And this is why I keep my Patriots gear tucked safely away once I leave New England. I made the mistake wearing it once out in public at an Oakland train station on the way to Great America.

And this is why I keep my Patriots gear tucked safely away once I leave New England. I made the mistake wearing it once out in public at an Oakland train station on the way to Great America.

As a Browns fan I proudly wear my gear. I usually just get sympathy and a drink purchased for me.

Growing up in Allentown, I have to agree. I think it's people that want to root for a (historically) winning team. Since I've been alive, the Eagles have well... we've kinda sucked. The past 2 seasons since we picked up Wentz are really weird for me. Too much winning, it's not natural as an Eagles fan.

Ummm...I know you're only 22 but you were still alive during the 00's when the team average 10 wins a season and had 8 playoffs appearances including a trip to the super bowl. The Eagles haven't been bad these past five years, just mediocre. Most teams transitioning coaches, QBs and key players go through a similar slump. Sounds like you struggle between rooting for a "historically winning team" and the home team.