TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

Dorney is a fine park that serves a good purpose; a nice change of pace from Great Adventure, with decent coasters that get no lines. The park gets bonus points from me for having a good Whip, a nice flume and Demon Drop. And there's a Waffle House approximately 10 minutes away.

I don't think the park gets "bashed", it's just lacking when compared to other parks in the region.

Although their whip does nothing for for I completely agree with the rest. And sometimes it's nice to just go somewhere for a few hours away from the crowds.

Yall crazy. I fuggin love Waffle House.

I enjoy it too! Part of that is because there aren't any in Michigan, so it's a novelty when I travel. But also, it's so dang cheap, and I find the food good, and it's really hard to F-Up breakfast food in general anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

It was closed and dried out on the 8th when I was there, if you're referring to the log flume.

Edited by Mike240SX

Alright everyone, thoughts on the houses this year? We're heading down this weekend and we're definitely looking to check a few of them out.

My assumption is that Blackout, Chamber of Horrors and Trick or Treat still suck and Blood on the Bayou, Cornstalkers, Tourist Trap and Urgent Scare are the ones to focus on. Am I correct in this?

I skipped Blackout, Cornstalkers, and Grave Walkers (which is apparently a maze with a line now?), but found all of the others to be up to par for a Cedar Pair Haunt - IE great artistry but no actual scares. Of course, I made it a point to be at the rear of every group I was in for the sole purpose of laughing at those who did get scared. I actually quite enjoyed all the work that went into Chamber of Horrors; it was tough telling a few of the wax statues from actual people. Blood on the Bayou was new to me and not all that impressive, but I definitely enjoyed Tourist Trap, Trick or Treat, and Urgent Scare.

Blackout is actually pretty interesting. Last year they had a story behind blackout. Not sure if its the same or if they changed it for this year. Cornstalkers is probably my favorite from doing them in the past.

I recommend getting the skeleton key room pass. Age of darkness is pretty crazy. Some of the others are cool as well.

Alright everyone, thoughts on the houses this year? We're heading down this weekend and we're definitely looking to check a few of them out.

My assumption is that Blackout, Chamber of Horrors and Trick or Treat still suck and Blood on the Bayou, Cornstalkers, Tourist Trap and Urgent Scare are the ones to focus on. Am I correct in this?

Say hi to Demon Drop, Possessed and Talon for me.

• 3 weeks later...

The park has a movable webcam on facebook showing the construction area in Wildwater. Pretty large, consumes the old Mariner's Munchies stand, Ritas and takes up some of the canopies they built during the previous renovations. While not an exciting addition, I do believe it was necessary. The expanding of the walkway will also help as this area gets really packed, especially during lunch time when the lines interact with the foot traffic.

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook has a webcam monitoring the progress of the new eatery in the water park. Should really open up that pathway as it got pretty tight on busy days with lines backing into foot traffic. Looks like they’ll take advantage of the previous landscaping to include some new seating. It’s a shame this didn’t come with some additional expansion.

• 2 weeks later...