Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Doppel Looping » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:46 pm

In the category of not being very helpful...

When they declare the official height of a rollercoaster, is the convention from the base of the lift hill to the top of the highest piece of track?
If the yukon striker station is further up the embankment of lake vortex than windseeker?.... ahh nevermind.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:10 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:
I'm not nit-picking. Just a friendly assist. Yukon Striker will be 232ft, above water level, plus another 13ft deeper into the tunnel, for a total of 245ft. Windseeker is 301ft, Behemoth and Drop Tower are 230ft, and Leviathan is 320ft. Yokon Striker will be the 5th ride/coaster over 200 feet at Canada's Wonderland! . .pretty awesome. :mickey:

I'm not nit-picking here either, but I've seen several sources (and RCDB) claim the official height of Yukon Striker is 223 feet. You'll have to dive more than 13 feet to ensure the track, train and people can clear it. This height also makes sense with the Valravn crew lately that mentions that they'll still tie the height record next year but lose the drop, speed and length record.

And, as stated, Leviathan is 305 feet.

But still quite the skyline coming together there. A Dive Coaster on the skyline looks great anywhere and it's nice Canada's Wonderland is getting one with an awesome underwater drop! That'll be what helps make this ride one of the best IMO!
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:45 pm

I am starting to get a bit concerned about the placement of Yukon Striker. It is soooo quiet around that area right now. I get it, with the construction going on, but when the water park is closed, the only use for the path that goes from Minebuster over to Timberwolf Falls is going to be for Yukon Striker. Even when SkyRider was still there, that path is pretty much unused when Splash Works is not open, and when Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon are closed too, that part of the park is actually very dead. I think they really need to add a few more flat rides back there. Just adding more shops is not going to increase traffic by that much. That path will be used mainly for Yukon Striker riders when the water park is not open. I'm just not sure if people heading to Yukon Striker will be stopping at any new shops. The new shop near White Water Canyon was empty every time I went in there. :mickey:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am

OK, I just had to clean up some nonsense in this thread. Let's avoid any stupid bickering.

Thank you.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:56 am

PATTYCAKES wrote:I am starting to get a bit concerned about the placement of Yukon Striker. It is soooo quiet around that area right now. I get it, with the construction going on, but when the water park is closed, the only use for the path that goes from Minebuster over to Timberwolf Falls is going to be for Yukon Striker. Even when SkyRider was still there, that path is pretty much unused when Splash Works is not open, and when Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon are closed too, that part of the park is actually very dead. I think they really need to add a few more flat rides back there. Just adding more shops is not going to increase traffic by that much. That path will be used mainly for Yukon Striker riders when the water park is not open. I'm just not sure if people heading to Yukon Striker will be stopping at any new shops. The new shop near White Water Canyon was empty every time I went in there. :mickey:

Sounds like part of the plan is to liven up that area of the park. I'm sure you'll see a lot more vendors and traffic in the area. They'll find a way to make it more vibrant. I wouldn't be surprised if CW will add more attractions to that area in the park within the coming future, based on your observations. Although let's face it; parks feel less lively when their water parks are closed all together.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby lord denning » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:27 am

prozach626 wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:I am starting to get a bit concerned about the placement of Yukon Striker. It is soooo quiet around that area right now. I get it, with the construction going on, but when the water park is closed, the only use for the path that goes from Minebuster over to Timberwolf Falls is going to be for Yukon Striker. Even when SkyRider was still there, that path is pretty much unused when Splash Works is not open, and when Timberwolf Falls and White Water Canyon are closed too, that part of the park is actually very dead. I think they really need to add a few more flat rides back there. Just adding more shops is not going to increase traffic by that much. That path will be used mainly for Yukon Striker riders when the water park is not open. I'm just not sure if people heading to Yukon Striker will be stopping at any new shops. The new shop near White Water Canyon was empty every time I went in there. :mickey:

Sounds like part of the plan is to liven up that area of the park. I'm sure you'll see a lot more vendors and traffic in the area. They'll find a way to make it more vibrant. I wouldn't be surprised if CW will add more attractions to that area in the park within the coming future, based on your observations. Although let's face it; parks feel less lively when their water parks are closed all together.

100% - think about how dead the areas were Leviathan and Behemoth were before they were built. They add great energy and sometimes new areas like the Behemoth midway.

And even better than those rides - Yukon Striker's interaction with the lake and the pathways will really create some amazing kinetic energy in that area.
Using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Scott84 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:02 am

The best way to get action in that area is to build a really great new attraction. You can't do it any other way. So I would say what they are doing is actually really good. The park needs to be more evened out in terms of attractions to keep traffic flow better among its guests.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:59 am

I'll be at the park tonight! Looking forward to it as I haven't been to CWs haunt in a few years. I like that they are going a silent disco this year... those are always fun 8) -- I also love that they re-skin wonder mountain, too. Curious how it will go with the $9.99 tickets... -- though they have BOGO Fright Lane if needed... will probably need it?

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 am

The drop is almost finished.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:51 am

^ That's great to hear! =)
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!