Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: ThemeParkJunkie51290 and 18 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
NE Pancake Maker

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby nicman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:07 am

^There seems to be no point in keeping valvrayn's record since we all know it's not as good as expected. If you predict that it will have the same drop but be shorter that would mean one hell of an abrupt brake run to slow it down. Based off the information we know about where the brake run is, it is almost certain it will be longer than valvrayn.

When it comes to the name My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why, the teaser shows a picture of an eagle not of a mythical creature.

There is a lot of theiming for this ride which fits the best as a gold mine theme. This area of the park is dedicated to Canadian history so it would make no sense to use My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why as a name.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:20 am

nicman wrote:When it comes to the name My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why, the teaser shows a picture of an eagle not of a mythical creature.

There is a lot of theiming for this ride which fits the best as a gold mine theme. This area of the park is dedicated to Canadian history so it would make no sense to use My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why as a name.

In all fairness, an Eagle wouldn’t make any sense either if that area really is dedicated to things that are obviously Canada. Finishing off the third massive coaster as the third mythical beast makes more sense, even if it is kinda strange. My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why resembles a griffin, which itself resembles part eagle. Hopefully that’s not the case, but seems that way.

I’m all in for a mining theme though.

Nothing beats Cali coasters

Postby chickenbowl » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:31 am

nicman wrote:When it comes to the name My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why, the teaser shows a picture of an eagle not of a mythical creature.

A My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why is often depicted as Griffin-like or simply a giant Eagle. Both of these have have the head of an Eagle, just like that poster.

Lines up to me...

Also, eagles definitely existed in the Yukon mining territory and all over Canada, even today. I'd say North America will be 4/4 with flying mythical creature themed B&M Dive Coasters.
Chasing Airtime
Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Expedition GeForce|Medusa Steel
Lightning Rod|Outlaw Run|El Toro|Phoenix|Wildfire

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jfray95 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:32 am

Maybe it'll just be called Giant Eagle instead of Golden Eagle lol

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby livai » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 am

leviathan , behemooth ..................... goliath ?
leviathan & fury 325 = waste of money

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am

Jfray95 wrote:Maybe it'll just be called Giant Eagle instead of Golden Eagle lol

My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why is such a terrible name that I actually do think it would be an improvement to name the new ride after a grocery store.

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 am

Honestly, the bird is probably just for the teaser. It makes no sense why there would be a mythological bird as the theme of the ride. If you think of the rides and the area around it as a whole, it just doesn't make any sense at all to call it My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Coasterguy21 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:22 am

nicman wrote:Honestly, the bird is probably just for the teaser. It makes no sense why there would be a mythological bird as the theme of the ride. If you think of the rides and the area around it as a whole, it just doesn't make any sense at all to call it My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why.

And Intimidator 305 is in an African themed section of a park
Drop Tower: Scream Zone, Speed City Raceway and Leviathan sit in the Medieval Faire area at CW. Some parks don't have rides fit a theme 100% (though Cedar Fair has been drifting that way and I am a fan of it). Sometimes its just where the room is!

Lots can fit into the theme of an area named "International Festival".

Not saying it'll for sure be "My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why", but it is entirely possible. The fact that all the Dive Machines in North America have been named after flying creatures and that My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why completes the trifecta of mythological creatures, its possible! The name (if it is ever used by CW) could always be used for another coaster/ride as well.

I'm all for a mining themed Dive Coaster, but I have a feeling it'll be named after a creature.
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:27 am

^With the other teasing that they did, and with all the new scenery. It is almost certain this will be themed to something related to Canadian history. The park already starting to theme other rides to this area such as vortex with the new wooden style trains. CW is starting to focus more and more on theming so it would be a shock if this new ride was unrelated.

Ontop of that, there has already been a coaster called My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why https://www.coneyislandhistory.org/collection/page-35-feltmans-ziz.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby southpuddle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am

One thing is for sure, if it’s not named My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why, there are some enthusiasts who will never lose hope! My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why 2020!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!