Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 877 - Two new flat rides coming in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby asimowalk » Tue May 15, 2012 9:26 am

We’re having a Funnel Cake Faceoff! The Park has come up with 2 new specialty Funnel Cake flavours and we need your help in deciding which one to serve in the Park for 1 special day this month! Chocolate Covered Bacon or Caramel Apple? You decide. Vote in our poll until 5pm on Wednesday May 23 for the flavour you’d like to try. The winning flavour will be served at all of our Funnel Cake locations on Sunday May 27 from 12pm until 8pm.
Happy voting and may the best funnel cake win!

Vote here

As much as I like bacon, I kind of think the caramel apple would taste better as a funnel cake...

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

Would all the tunnel whiners like some cheese with all this whine?

Yes, it's a new ride that they threw down 20 million dollars for, yes, they added a tunnel at the last second that adds a bit of thrill. Yes it may look out of place, but is it really that big of a deal? The ride isn't "heavily" themed so I don't see why there has been such a huge amount of complaints about a feature that people wanted and asked for in the first place!

This park was under a manager who for years forwarded beatification. I'm sure they'll eventually change it. They may not do it immediately, but in time more theming may be added. If not oh well, it still looks like a great ride and complaining about such a small detail seems trivial.

It's a freakin' B&M Giga

But it has a long break run and an unthemed tunnel so I don't like it! Myah! /sarcasm :devil:
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vistaway » Tue May 15, 2012 7:53 pm

I finally got out to the park this past Sunday. It was a perfect warm sunny day, and the crowds started very light owing to it being Mother's Day (it seemed to get busier as the day went on, but not bad). We waited 20 minutes for Leviathan - and that was the front row. Can't complain about that.

I have to say I was very, very impressed with the state of the park. Virtually every surface has been repainted in the off season (and painted properly...not just another layer on top). No burnt out light bulbs and nothing out of order (well, other than Windseeker, Sledge Hammer, Time Warp and the last car of each train on Stunt Coaster). The park was in tip-top shape on par with a park like BGW. New (to me) Cast costumes looked good, and the quality of service was generally quite solid. I'm impressed, and with all the improvements they've made in recent years, it's nice to see they haven't stopped.

Here's my artsy shot of the visit:
1-IMG_8141.JPG

Proctoligist of Scooby Doo

Postby ScottBrown » Tue May 15, 2012 8:03 pm

XYZ wrote:It seems that HUSS rides have really horrible reliability as the Top Spins up in Nor Cal have a lot of down time.

I agree Huss rides seem to be having quite a bit of issues lets not forget to include the Timber Tower fiasco . . . I have never seen Voodoo closed but Firefail seems to have serious issues, I wonder if it had the same issues at GL

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Ace Of Spades » Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 am

SoCalCoasters wrote:Would all the tunnel whiners like some cheese with all this whine?

Yes, it's a new ride that they threw down 20 million dollars for, yes, they added a tunnel at the last second that adds a bit of thrill. Yes it may look out of place, but is it really that big of a deal? The ride isn't "heavily" themed so I don't see why there has been such a huge amount of complaints about a feature that people wanted and asked for in the first place!

This park was under a manager who for years forwarded beatification. I'm sure they'll eventually change it. They may not do it immediately, but in time more theming may be added. If not oh well, it still looks like a great ride and complaining about such a small detail seems trivial.

It's a freakin' B&M Giga

But it has a long break run and an unthemed tunnel so I don't like it! Myah! /sarcasm :devil:

Nobody said the tunnel overshadowed how fantastic or awesome the ride is. It's just a bit odd that, after everything else they did for the ride, they'd make such a random and out-of-place addition.
Ignore the screaming in the woods...

Everything is fine.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed May 16, 2012 8:05 am

Yeah I know...

Magnum XL 200

Steel Force

Steel Dragon 2000

Millennium Force

SPOILER ALERT = Nobody complains about any of these, and please don't pretend Leviathan is a well themed coaster, the area around the station is themed and that's it. This tunnel looks fine.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby asimowalk » Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 am

^ I think a lot of people's expectations were heightened after the ride opened to the public. Having a new station and area that fits great with the medieval theme, it just seemed underwhelming to have a tin can tunnel added a week later. Some blue paint and a mist machine would do wonders. I remember all of the comments about the irony in having Leviathan no where near water...

Anyways, is Sledge Hammer up yet? :p

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:47 am

Sledgehammer was operating this past weekend. And apparently the tunnel has been painted the same colour as the track. I'll have pictures tomorrow morning.

nagro5 tastes like poo-poo.

Postby nagro5 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:50 am

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! :Pr
Total Coasters: 200 (167 steel, 33 wood)
Total Parks: 34

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:43 am

The painted tunnel:

Vaughan-20120517-00070.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!