Much like Jason commented, had a great day at Wonderland today. I won't be too detailed cause Jason covered much of it but some random thoughts and notes:
- Leviathan was already running better then SPPN night last week.
- The tunnel does add a great head chopper effect, however, I really hope they aren't done with it. I know there's still possible landscaping and what not to be done (grass/trees/etc), so I am not giving up hope. It's just looking at the tunnel compared to the entry plaza and everything it's kind of, hmm, "weak".
- The ride crew was amazing on Leviathan today with the odd exception of a lot of empty seats going out. In some cases the front train would only have 2 people sitting in it. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but something that could be worked on. After all, it is opening day.
- Behemoth is great still. It was giving amazing airtime in the back as always. Really looking forward to marathoning this for Coasting for Kids on June 10th. By the way, donate here if you haven't already https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/joshuamclachlan/CanadasWonderland
- Shockwave still only has three out of the six arms functioning at the moment. The other 3 remain under tarps for some reason.
- Overall I'd give Wonderland a 10/10 for opening day. I have a feeling this season is going to be super special and super successful for the park and Cedar Fair!
Here are some random pics from throughout the day. Enjoy.