TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Canada's Wonderland, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Canada's Wonderland Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

August 27th, 2007 - Behemoth announced (see below)

March 16th, 2008 - Behemoth is testing

April 24th, 2008 - a few pictures from Behemoth Media Day

August 21st, 2009 - Planet Snoopy coming to Canada's Wonderland in 2010

January 25th, 2010 - new rides within Planet Snoopy announced

August 18th, 2010 - Park hints about new 2011 ride

August 24th, 2010 - Windseeker is announced

May 24th, 2011 - Windseeker opens

August 18th, 2011 - Leviathan, a B&M gigacoaster announced!

October 13th, 2011 - Dinosaurs Alive! officially announced for 2012

November 1st, 2011 - Leviathan Construction Tour photos

November 19th, 2011 - More Leviathan construction photos

November 26th, 2012 - TPR's HUGE Construction Tour for Leviathan

February 10th, 2012 - Final Leviathan Construction Tour

March 15th, 2012 - First Leviathan test run

April 18th, 2012 - Tunnel being added after the first drop.

April 27th, 2012 - TPR coverage from Leviathan Media Day and Leviathan Media Day POV

August 29th, 2013 - Wonder Mountain's Guardian Announced for 2014!

May 31st, 2014 - Wonder Mountain's Guardian opens!

August 6th, 2014 - SkyRider to close on September 4th

August 20th, 2015 - Flying Eagles and Skyhawk announced

August 26th, 2016 - Soaring Timbers, North America's first Mondial Inferno announced for 2017

August 16th, 2017 - 2 rides (Lumberjack, Flying Canoes) and waterpark expansion announced for 2017

August 15th, 2018 - Yukon Striker Announced

August 28th, 2018 - On-site Hyatt Place/Hyatt House conifrmed for 2020

December 15th, 2018 - Yukon Striker Construction Update!

February 6th, 2019 - Final piece of Yukon Striker track installed!

April 24th, 2019 - Yukon Striker Front Seat POV Posted!

August 14th, 2019 - Mountain Bay Cliffs and Beagle Brigade Airfield announced!

Original Post:

This just in from Canada's Wonderland:

Vaughan, Ontario, 2007 - Canada's Wonderland prepares to change the landscape for thrill seekers in 2008, with the addition of Canada's Biggest, Fastest and Tallest roller coaster - Behemoth. Following 18 months of planning and construction, Behemoth will premiere at Canada’s Wonderland in May 2008.

At over 5,300 feet (1,616m) in length, Behemoth sets the stage for thrills with a climb to a height of 230 feet (70.1m), followed by an adrenaline pumping 85 degree drop with speeds reaching 125 kilometers per hour in 3.9 seconds. The coaster will then take riders through the ultimate coaster experience with high speed twists and turns, including double banked flat loops (horizontal loops) and eight extreme drops. Intensifying the action packed adventure, the ride will feature prototype open-air seating that will allow all riders to experience an unobstructed view of all the thrills and excitement on one of North America's best coasters.

"Behemoth will be the biggest investment in Canada's Wonderland's 27 year history at approximately $26 million dollars," said Raffi Kaprelyan, Vice President and General Manager, Canada’s Wonderland. "With the addition of Behemoth, we wanted to compliment our already impressive line-up of more than 200 rides, shows and attractions with a world class roller coaster that will showcase Wonderland as one of the premier amusement parks in our industry."

Behemoth will be the 15th roller coaster at Canada’s Wonderland. Construction is currently underway, but those who cannot wait until spring may take a virtual ride on Behemoth at canadaswonderland.com. Visitors to canadaswonderland.com may also access exclusive Behemoth updates and features, like virtual renderings, ride statistics and online fun.

Behemoth was designed by Bolliger & Mabillard of Monthey, Switzerland, a recognized industry leader in roller coaster development.

Here are some stats:

Opening Date: May of 2008

Track Length: Approximately 5,318 ft/1620.9 m

Lift Height: Approximately 230 ft/70 m

Angle of Descent: 85 degrees

Ride Time: Approximately 3 minutes, 10 seconds

Speed of First Drop: Approximately 77 miles/hour 125km/hour

Ride Capacity: Approximately 1,545 guests/hour

Three 32-passenger trains Eight cars, with four seats per car, per train

Prototype seating

Fiberglass and steel coaches with lapbar restraints and interlocking seat belts

Investment: Approximately $26 million

rendering_train_front.jpg.41b7c74581f33af3b5201e6659103383.jpg

More silliness for you to make avatars out of.

rendering_train_rear.jpg.896cc4520f3986d38f4eca323ede3a71.jpg

Hope this works better than Deja Vu! (Of course it's should, it's a B&M!)

rendering_train_3d.jpg.d92e7711038f9710971141631b32d35c.jpg

Silly new train design. Everyone discuss!

rendering_aerial_landscape.jpg.25c700e7629da136c80e97e6258901b5.jpg

Combination layout and pretty. Get your tissues ready!

rendering_aerial_isolated.jpg.aafd1637dbcb6f3f78226329b1caa1ea.jpg

Layout madness.

behemoth_logo_800x600.jpg.52180d75ab9473ea52ce192c4fce861a.jpg

Oooh...spooky!

behemoth_lake_800x600.jpg.4cb92c4425ffe7804a2c6d1fdb4a0668.jpg

Oooh...pretty!

behemoth_drop_800x600.jpg.4b697500e8eeb5766877389bd1068b4d.jpg

85 degree first drop!

behemoth_hills_800x600.jpg.af0f6c4469f22f8b96a587bd01f7d4f8.jpg

The hills are alive!!!

Edited by jedimaster1227

I think the steepness of the first drop sells this ride for me. I wish there could've been one more hill after the first hill before the horseshoe turn around but I like it regardless. Its like a Mis of Nitro and Goliath. Again the trains will have to grow on me but I'm sure it will offer very good air. Hopefully the big supports that will be towering over Italian Job won't distract the scenery. Congrats CW!!!! Looks like a sure winner. I won't be able to get to Canada to ride it but who knows.

At first I thought it looked amazing and then I watched the POV.

Hopefully the ride won't get trimmed to death

There are 3 trims on the 3 hills before the MCBR. Thats a joke, 3 airtime hills in a row with trims on them all. And I thought Silver Star was bad. I sure hope it wont have the 3 trims that are in the video.

Cool looking layout, though it doesn't look as "complete" as some of B&Ms other hypers (this has like 2 hills after the midcourse and helix). I like the location though, and the first drop looks interesting.

But these trains?? Um, did Claude and Walter never ride a Deja Vu, or did they just choose to forget how stupid that seating was and how it breaks up the groups and causes mass confusion for GP and ride ops alike.

And the name?! Come on Cedar Fair, could you knock off Six Flags any more blatantly. What happened, did you steal their artist and ride namer, or did you just have no money set aside for the name as you blew your budget on trash cans for the queue and got your janitors to come up with something that original in both name and logo design? What's next, Gargantuan, coming 2009 to Carowinds? It will be amusing seeing a bunch of ACErs running around in gravy-stained 5XL shirts with "Behemoth" across the chest though

Looks pretty cool though, and I'll definitely be heading back up to Trono next summer now.

And the name?! Come on Cedar Fair, what happened, you stole Six Flags artist and ride namer, or did you just have no money set aside for the name as you blew your budget on trash cans for the queue? What's next, Gargantuan, coming 2009 to Carowinds? It will be amusing seeing a bunch of ACErs running around in 5XL shirts with "Behemoth" across the chest though

Looks pretty cool though, and I'll definitely be heading back up to Trono next summer now.

At least it isn't called Footloose..

I think the layout looks pretty good but I HATE the new train design and the name...and the trim brakes everywhere.

+1. Trains looking vacuum and seems to be done by a craftsman.

And.... where did they find the name ?

To finish, speed is not impressive at all at the top of the camelbacks.

Hey, it looks like I was the closest estimation of the height of the coaster! Sure I was 14 feet and 7 inches above, but everyone else was anywhere from 30 feet to 55 feet below. The new trains look really weird, and I'm a little concerned about the airtime this ride will have, and the brakes on the MCBR seemed to be on kind of hard. Let's hope thay won't use the trims.

Well, I'm excited about the actual ride, but I'm just a bit stunned about the trains. I was really hoping that the Vekoma Super Invertigos would be the last we ever saw of that configuration. I just don't really get what the point of it is. It's more annoying than anything. But whatever, I won't complain. I'm impressed with the ride. It's long, tall, and steep. Hopefully it packs a punch similar to Goliath at SFOG.

The launch of this new coaster has been very exciting and we thank all those coaster enthusiasts that have supported our on-line tease campaign…and at times even hacked our website to find out what the big announcement was going to be.

I think Im going to wonderland now lol...

I have to admit i'm not sold on this ride yet. The first drop looks great, but the speed over the camelbacks isn't fast at all, the new trains are pointless, and look at all those trims! There is a trim brake on 3 out of the 5 airtime hills. The layout is decent though, but I was really expecting something more sprawling.