Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Password121 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:57 pm

coasterbill wrote:Pure speculation:

The train in the waiting brakes is generally on a flat surface and brought in with drive wheels (because it’s also a transfer track) which is probably the fastest way to move it into the station and park it. It doesn’t really matter if a train that’s parked on the slope takes awhile to get to the waiting brake since it’ll be there long before that block is clear and since gravity is free and there are likely less moving parts this way it makes sense to me.

This would be my guess as well. The fewer unnecessary mechanical components, the better. Drive tires can get stuck, flat, or need to be repaired and can/do cause downtime.
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Jfray95 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 am

The first segment of lift hill has been installed for Yukon Striker. Moving quickly now

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 pm

^ :nina:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pdonahue » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 am

Anyone have any pictures of the progress yet?

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Doppel Looping » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:06 pm

pdonahue wrote:Anyone have any pictures of the progress yet?

yes:

so they have most of the lift hill up. Looking at the pictures, it goes a bit higher before leveling off, turning a corner and dropping.
IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

As it comes together, we realize, it is going to be huge and take over the back of the park. The first photo is from the other side of vortex. It will sprawl over lake vortex, into the trees and back for the final bunny hill and helix over the Splashworks pathway after it's MCBR. I think it will give a nice adrenaline rush before hitting the final brakes and i like how it shouts out to it's retired cousin skyrider with the loop and final 90 degree banked helix. Maybe a nice lateral klunk for old times sake? (hope not)

IMG_4549.jpg

It can easily be seen from Behemoth's stairs. It should be a similar height to Windseeker. (if i were keen i could look it up, but i am sure someone on the internet will correct me). I am not a big fan of heights, and tend to get a bit freaked out when the bungee ride passes us on the way up. i can only imagine having the drop coaster go by will only add to this.

IMG_4547.jpg

It can also be seen from Leviathan's station. You can see it towering beside Wonder Mountain. This will definitely change the look of the whole park. It is going to be awesome.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:03 pm

So awesome this dive coaster is getting built 2 and a half hours away from me. Can't wait :)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby PATTYCAKES » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:10 pm

Doppel Looping wrote:
pdonahue wrote:Anyone have any pictures of the progress yet?

yes:

so they have most of the lift hill up. Looking at the pictures, it goes a bit higher before leveling off, turning a corner and dropping.
IMG_4545.jpg

IMG_4550.jpg

As it comes together, we realize, it is going to be huge and take over the back of the park. The first photo is from the other side of vortex. It will sprawl over lake vortex, into the trees and back for the final bunny hill and helix over the Splashworks pathway after it's MCBR. I think it will give a nice adrenaline rush before hitting the final brakes and i like how it shouts out to it's retired cousin skyrider with the loop and final 90 degree banked helix. Maybe a nice lateral klunk for old times sake? (hope not)

IMG_4549.jpg

It can easily be seen from Behemoth's stairs. It should be a similar height to Windseeker. (if i were keen i could look it up, but i am sure someone on the internet will correct me). I am not a big fan of heights, and tend to get a bit freaked out when the bungee ride passes us on the way up. i can only imagine having the drop coaster go by will only add to this.

IMG_4547.jpg

It can also be seen from Leviathan's station. You can see it towering beside Wonder Mountain. This will definitely change the look of the whole park. It is going to be awesome.

I'm not nit-picking. Just a friendly assist. Yukon Striker will be 232ft, above water level, plus another 13ft deeper into the tunnel, for a total of 245ft. Windseeker is 301ft, Behemoth and Drop Tower are 230ft, and Leviathan is 320ft. Yokon Striker will be the 5th ride/coaster over 200 feet at Canada's Wonderland! . .pretty awesome. :mickey:

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Doppel Looping » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:07 pm

No problem. I was not sure how high windseeker is.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Doppel Looping » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:07 pm

No problem. I was not sure how high windseeker is.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:26 pm

PATTYCAKES wrote:I'm not nit-picking. Just a friendly assist. Yukon Striker will be 232ft, above water level, plus another 13ft deeper into the tunnel, for a total of 245ft. Windseeker is 301ft, Behemoth and Drop Tower are 230ft, and Leviathan is 320ft. Yokon Striker will be the 5th ride/coaster over 200 feet at Canada's Wonderland! . .pretty awesome. :mickey:

Just a friendly assist - if you're going to correct someone on various heights of rides, at least get the park's tallest coaster's height correct. Leviathan is 306'.

While we're on the subject: anyone know how high Windseeker swings? I know 301ft is thrown around but that is obviously the height of the tower; I bet it only swings at 260-270 feet, if that.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!