TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Will it be relatively quiet on Tuesday? Planning a trip. Hopefully the storms dont last all day

The park is always busy now, Tuesday or not. Went last Tuesday and got on 12 rides all day.

Fast Lane Plus is essentially required at Wonderland to have a good day.

The block and it's following elements is too small to really seem like a part of the ride... It's sort of like the post splashdown section on Sheikra... At that point the ride is over and the curve basically allows you to breathe out and digest the experience.

That's a good way to put it. The post brake run also looks like it provides a nice visual for people walking by. Cedar Fair seems to have a good understanding of displaying their new roller coasters within the surrounding area.

We were already planning our first trip to CW next year as one of our last blasts before making a little Douchebag Jr. The timing of this new addition was perfect and I'm really looking forward to it. You won't hear any complaints about a record breaking coaster from me. We're looking forward to enjoying all three of CW's B&M giants. This will be our first trip outside of Merika.

The block and it's following elements is too small to really seem like a part of the ride... It's sort of like the post splashdown section on Sheikra... At that point the ride is over and the curve basically allows you to breathe out and digest the experience.

That's a good way to put it. The post brake run also looks like it provides a nice visual for people walking by. Cedar Fair seems to have a good understanding of displaying their new roller coasters within the surrounding area.

We were already planning our first trip to CW next year as one of our last blasts before making a little Douchebag Jr. The timing of this new addition was perfect and I'm really looking forward to it. You won't hear any complaints about a record breaking coaster from me. We're looking forward to enjoying all three of CW's B&M giants. This will be our first trip outside of Merika.

You will enjoy your trip, however, if you want to go on all 3 of our B&M's then I highly recommend that you visit Wonderland for more than 1 day as a big chunk of your day will be waiting in line for these coasters.

We'll probably do something like visiting late afternoon/early evening one day and a full day of Fast Lane Plus, after a day or so exploring Toronto. If I can pull of two days at SFGadv, then spending a night at Niagra Falls, and capping off our trip in Toronto, our trip will be great. We'll see.

Sounds good to me.

Niagara Falls is a massive tourist trap but it's still worth stopping and taking the Hornblower or Maid of the Mist cruise. On the plus side, virtually every overpriced restaurant and bar in town has an insultingly atrocious beer selection so you'll have all the basic bitch beer you can drink.

Enjoy your first trip outside the US! Canada is a great starter for Americans, since you have to contend with border crossings and currency exchange and such, but everybody speaks English (unless you're in Montreal) and the culture is like America, but if we were well behaved.

I would say one day on fast pass definitely take a care of Wonderland. But I would highly recommend the downtown of Toronto for micro breweries, art galleries and exploring the vast amounts of cultural-centric neighbourhoods.

Niagara Falls is Great, but Niagara on the Lake has some beautiful qualities to it including a vast amount of wineries and breweries.

If you're super into nature.... drive an hour in any direction and go explore provincial parks while camping, canoeing, fishing and portaging til your heart is content.

If you want a little direction I can steer you into whatever direction you're looking for.

We'll probably do something like visiting late afternoon/early evening one day and a full day of Fast Lane Plus, after a day or so exploring Toronto. If I can pull of two days at SFGadv, then spending a night at Niagra Falls, and capping off our trip in Toronto, our trip will be great. We'll see.

Bring your bank account with you to Clifton Hill, oh wait, you are American. Canadians don't go to Clifton Hill anymore. The prices for everything are crazy now.

bar in town has an insultingly atrocious beer selection so you'll have all the basic bitch beer you can drink.

They've started cranking up the microbrew quotient in the last year, it isn't as bad as it used to be.

I agree with people that you can do Wonderland in a day with a Fast lane (plus). I also agree that Niagara is better explored as the Falls AND outside the town (downriver is beautiful).

Enjoy your planning.

I'll have to bookmark this page to review it one year from now. Thanks, guys.

If it was up to me, I would knock of the 3 B&M's on your afternoon/evening and free up your full day. I also have to mention that it will be cheaper for you to buy a season pass rather than 2 day passes.

If it was up to me, I would knock of the 3 B&M's on your afternoon/evening and free up your full day. I also have to mention that it will be cheaper for you to buy a season pass rather than 2 day passes.

Also, remember the prices listed on the website are Canadian dollars, with the conversion rate it's dirt cheap.

Also, remember the prices listed on the website are Canadian dollars, with the conversion rate it's dirt cheap.

So a season pass will save them even more money, correct? Even if they are only going for 2 days.

Apparently Wonderland is handing out tickets to hopefully stop line jumping. They hand them out in chronological order and collect them as people enter the station. If the numbers fall out of sequence they know there are jumpers and can deal with it. Hopefully it works and other parks can start using this. Wonderland has a problem with line jumpers on a lot of their rides and its mostly families who send 1 or 2 in line then the rest of the family join them after they have waited for awhile.

wonderland.thumb.jpg.1d70fde106cc031d6e6ba8273405e521.jpg

line jumping ticket

That is a great idea! I always wonder why parks just don't create lines that you can not enter from anywhere but the main entrance/line skipper entrance to it. The 'normal' metal lines allow you to jump over them, through them, and does not stop people from sitting/climbing on them. I love the parks that have gardens/bush's around the lines but this does not stop people from walking over it - have seen this at many parks.

This does make me about the Fast Lane though... sometimes its a separate entrance from the main line. How do they get the ticket numbers in order that way?

I agree with a lot of members that it seems easy to know everything out in this park, but that's not why we visit parks. We typically try to stay a day and a half, or so, at new park. We usually get FL+ for one day, with the previous night intended to feel out the park and figure out what we want to ride most for the following day. We visit parks to relax and take our time. We like to take the time to really take in the park atmosphere and enjoy some down time. We're not crunched for time. We have the means and the vacation availability to stay and extra day in Toronto is need be. Doing a 'touch and go' at parks is not nearly as enjoyable for us as drawing out our visit. In order for me to really get a feel for the larger coasters I want to ride, I at least want to go for a few spins. This helps me imprint the experience into my memory. For example, I rode Steel Phantom one time at Kennywood. I can't really tell you if it's a good or bad ride and I have very little memory of the experience. As far as the cost associated with visiting parks, we're going to snag a CF Platinum pass next year, and probably renew our SF season passes.

I know everyone is giving advice that we can hit everything in one day and then roll out. I appreciate the tip, but these coaster trips are based on the parks, with a few exploring days in between. If it weren't for Canada's Wonderland, we wouldn't be traveling to Toronto. Our summers consist of trips where our goal is to enjoy parks, and at least one vacation for relaxation and exploring.

Just this week we didn't let some people past us to meet their friends ahead of us. We've never done this before, but the lines were crazy long and we'd already been waiting 40 minutes with another 25 to go. We just couldn't let it go this time, it didn't seem right. I'm happy they're trying this because line jumping is often pretty bad in the park.