Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Doppel Looping » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:57 am

Vigil wrote:I am headed to the park tomorrow for the first time (hurray first international theme park!) and was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for the park. I just like having a plan of attack, and the people here know best! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I agree about low capacity rides first. Thunder run is a Zierer powered coaster built into the mountain. be sure to look for the dragon in the middle. The fly is a fun wild mouse coaster that gets crowded due to low capacity. The ghoster coaster is a kids wooden coaster but fun. I think it is a clone of the one at kings dominion.

Make sure to ride vortexx in the back, it is a really nice ride, and one of the best of the arrow suspended coaster style. At the back you get pulled through the hills and helixes. It is also a clone of the one at kings island but set onto the mountain and with helixes over the river. You can see the tunnel for the new coaster in the middle.

I have come to like Behemoth better than Leviathan, I like riding in the back of the bus to get pulled over the airtime hills. I have also found that the 4th car back second row gives you a nice floater air over every hill. The magic seat. Leviathan also nice but has sneaky hidden lineup behind which can be long. (it is well shaded though). Lately i have enjoyed this at twilight, maybe 8:30-9:30pm. It is an awesome experience.

Some of the nice flats don't tend to have too much lineup: Klockwerks is a huss swing around, Orbiter, one of the last Huss Giant enterprises, Sledge Hammer is very rare, maybe only 2 in the world? the Gerstlauer flying ride is fun and not very common too.

Wonder mountain guardian has it's entire lineup inside the mountain so you cannot tell how crowded it is. You can go in the hottest part of the day to get out of the sun. It is Ok and unique but not something i go on very often.

The older coasters tend to draw less lines: Dragon fyre (arrow looper) is fun. Wooden coasters: Wilde Beast and Minebuster are not bad and have had some new track in the last years though still a bit rough especially minebuster. For some reason the Bat (Vekoma boomerang) tends to be busy. it is not bad if not too much of a line.

They can't seem to get all of the wheels to touch the track at the same time on the SLC headbanger Flight Deck.

I don't tend to ever eat in the park and sometimes walk across the parking lot to the wing place.

have fun.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby thirstydeer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:09 am

Sledgehammer I think is the only one of its kind in the world. If it's operating jump on it while you have the chance. There is a fair chance by the time you come around it again it'll be down for maintenance or something. I personally like the front seat of Vortex because of the sheer speed of the ride and the feeling of being "propelled".

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Johnlloyd » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:02 am

Doppel Looping wrote:
Vigil wrote:I am headed to the park tomorrow for the first time (hurray first international theme park!) and was wondering if anybody had any tips or tricks for the park. I just like having a plan of attack, and the people here know best! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much!

I agree about low capacity rides first. Thunder run is a Zierer powered coaster built into the mountain. be sure to look for the dragon in the middle. The fly is a fun wild mouse coaster that gets crowded due to low capacity. The ghoster coaster is a kids wooden coaster but fun. I think it is a clone of the one at kings dominion.

Make sure to ride vortexx in the back, it is a really nice ride, and one of the best of the arrow suspended coaster style. At the back you get pulled through the hills and helixes. It is also a clone of the one at kings island but set onto the mountain and with helixes over the river. You can see the tunnel for the new coaster in the middle.

I have come to like Behemoth better than Leviathan, I like riding in the back of the bus to get pulled over the airtime hills. I have also found that the 4th car back second row gives you a nice floater air over every hill. The magic seat. Leviathan also nice but has sneaky hidden lineup behind which can be long. (it is well shaded though). Lately i have enjoyed this at twilight, maybe 8:30-9:30pm. It is an awesome experience.

Some of the nice flats don't tend to have too much lineup: Klockwerks is a huss swing around, Orbiter, one of the last Huss Giant enterprises, Sledge Hammer is very rare, maybe only 2 in the world? the Gerstlauer flying ride is fun and not very common too.

Wonder mountain guardian has it's entire lineup inside the mountain so you cannot tell how crowded it is. You can go in the hottest part of the day to get out of the sun. It is Ok and unique but not something i go on very often.

The older coasters tend to draw less lines: Dragon fyre (arrow looper) is fun. Wooden coasters: Wilde Beast and Minebuster are not bad and have had some new track in the last years though still a bit rough especially minebuster. For some reason the Bat (Vekoma boomerang) tends to be busy. it is not bad if not too much of a line.

They can't seem to get all of the wheels to touch the track at the same time on the SLC headbanger Flight Deck.

I don't tend to ever eat in the park and sometimes walk across the parking lot to the wing place.

have fun.

If you get on Thunder Run (Mack Rides Powered Coaster in Wonder Mountain), The Bat, Wonder Mountain's Guardian, and The Fly after opening time during your visit you should be fine. But other than those roller coasters, most rides and roller coasters at Canada's Wonderland have a high capacity.

thristydeer wrote:Sledgehammer I think is the only one of its kind in the world. If it's operating jump on it while you have the chance. There is a fair chance by the time you come around it again it'll be down for maintenance or something. I personally like the front seat of Vortex because of the sheer speed of the ride and the feeling of being "propelled".

SledgeHammer is the only HUSS Jump 2 in the World. It has had steadier operation since its major overhaul done a few years ago. If it does go down during the day, it is usually back up and operating shortly thereafter. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Doppel Looping » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:37 pm

thirstydeer wrote:Canadas wonderland just sent this email out:

Canada's Wonderland will be announcing its big 2019 news on Wednesday, August 15 at canadaswonderland.com. To mark the occasion, Season Passholders will get an exclusive Early Ride Time from 9am - 10am on Vortex, Windseeker, and Mighty Canadian Minebuster. As a special bonus, Passholders will have the first chance at a sneak peek behind our construction fence to see what we've been working on.

cool, i might try to skip the morning of work and go. I didn't get the email (story of my life) and i looked on the season passholders portal and there is no mention of it. i also noticed that they have bring a friend tickets again which had been reduced to selected days, mothers day and fathers day, but it appears to be all season again? wow, wish i knew earlier.

Anybody else want to go and see them unveil the new coaster (hopefully not known as My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why)? I have glasses and a green hat.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby thirstydeer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Doppel Looping wrote:
thirstydeer wrote:Canadas wonderland just sent this email out:

Canada's Wonderland will be announcing its big 2019 news on Wednesday, August 15 at canadaswonderland.com. To mark the occasion, Season Passholders will get an exclusive Early Ride Time from 9am - 10am on Vortex, Windseeker, and Mighty Canadian Minebuster. As a special bonus, Passholders will have the first chance at a sneak peek behind our construction fence to see what we've been working on.

cool, i might try to skip the morning of work and go. I didn't get the email (story of my life) and i looked on the season passholders portal and there is no mention of it. i also noticed that they have bring a friend tickets again which had been reduced to selected days, mothers day and fathers day, but it appears to be all season again? wow, wish i knew earlier.

Anybody else want to go and see them unveil the new coaster (hopefully not known as My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why)? I have glasses and a green hat.

I plan on going. See you there? As far as I know bring a friend tickets have been there all season but sometimes they had promotions for reduced price tickets. I also find that when I check my settings the box that's supposed to be checkmarked so I get updates is often unchecked even though I know I did select it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Honorarius » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:12 pm

What time is the announcement??? I can't be there all day, but if I know what time I can be there for it...

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AaronYee » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:33 am

The announcement time is 5:30am EST, quite early! Also, it mentions that this will be the park's largest announcement in history, woAaah :b
Capture.JPG
Weeeeee

Count: 54

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Honorarius » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:58 am

Lol, why so early??? Guess I don't have to worry about being there for it...

NE Pancake Maker

Postby nicman » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am

^^I haven't seen you here in almost 4 years now.
Last edited by nicman on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:16 am.
Favorite Park: CW
Favorite Ride: Leviathan

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 am

Honorarius wrote:Lol, why so early??? Guess I don't have to worry about being there for it...

Because My bottom lip is oddly disproportionate to my upper lip and I'm not sure why is a bird and the early bird gets the worm.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!