TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Wow, going from 10 mazes to 7 mazes is a big reduction in size, what do you guys think?

Can I ask where you got this information?

I just checked the "public" Canada's Wonderland website and the information

you just posted is not on the Wonderland website.

Also, why do you keep talking about Winterfest? This will never happen at Wonderland.

Attendance drops at Wonderland in September/October because it is too cold to go on rides.

There is no way, people are going to come to Wonderland to go on rides during the winter,

and most rides would not be able to be turned on in the winter anyways. Not going to happen.

Also, don't worry about crowded mazes at Haunt. If what you predict is true, then Haunt attendance

will also be way down as people are not going to pay $50.00 for 7 mazes. My family has gone to every

Haunt and Fearfest, but if they indeed only have 7 mazes, then I'll been going somewhere else this year.

Edited by PATTYCAKES

Today, I had made my fifth visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland. I had another fun-filled day, but was disappointed to see that sometime within the past month the park had modified the wings on Skyhawk, making it now nearly impossible to flip the seats throughout the duration of the ride as they now only pivot half the amount they use to previously! During my last visit a little over a month ago, I was able to flip my seat continuously throughout the duration of the ride as I usually do.

The reasoning for the modification of the wings on Skyhawk is beyond me. Since I couldn't find any information online about other Gerstlauer Sky Roller rides possibly having this modification completed recently, it makes me wonder why Skyhawk had received this modification. It was very disappointing to come across this on an awesome ride such as Skyhawk, which was only installed two years ago. Hopefully this is not the unforeseeable future for Skyhawk!

IMG_2661.JPG Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views.

I went on US Memorial Day weekend and found Skyhawk as hard to flip as the TMNT ride at Mall of America. Did I just have bad technique, or was the anti-flipping mechanism in place by then?

I last rode it June 29th and was able to get into a sustained flip. Sadly the ops no longer count the rotations and the screen recorded flips was busted so I have no way of knowing how close to a personal best it was.

Based solely on dizziness I think I did pretty well.

That's horrible news about Skyhawk... 80% of the riders couldn't flip it to begin with...

Yes, it is quite horrible. The ride experience was ruined for those who could flip. Maybe they will revert the modifications eventually. But that probably is not likely, unfortunately. At least I enjoyed it for the past two years in its true glory.

As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*

You know there's totally a CedarFair1 shrine, too.

Unique teasing campaign has started with pretty much confirmation from the park on Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QRx7A7QxYE4

Link is broken, dood.

I went on US Memorial Day weekend and found Skyhawk as hard to flip as the TMNT ride at Mall of America. Did I just have bad technique, or was the anti-flipping mechanism in place by then?

I last rode it June 29th and was able to get into a sustained flip. Sadly the ops no longer count the rotations and the screen recorded flips was busted so I have no way of knowing how close to a personal best it was.

I had a similar experience end of june. There was a decent wind and i flipped more than i ever have. I counted over 50 flips. When i went to check the screen it was blank. I asked the ride op and they said it was 47.

I dont know if the screen is off to avoid encouraging people to flip more or if it is just not working. I dont know if the reduced flipping is for safety or overprecautious insurance reasons. Either way i an dissapointed.

As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*

You know there's totally a CedarFair1 shrine, too.

Unique teasing campaign has started with pretty much confirmation from the park on Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QRx7A7QxYE4

Link is broken, dood.

I had a similar experience end of june. There was a decent wind and i flipped more than i ever have. I counted over 50 flips. When i went to check the screen it was blank. I asked the ride op and they said it was 47.

I dont know if the screen is off to avoid encouraging people to flip more or if it is just not working. I dont know if the reduced flipping is for safety or overprecautious insurance reasons. Either way i an dissapointed.

Not that I know anything about this issue but I know there’s a person who flips like mad and when the ride ends they have to wait easily 3-5 minutes for his specific seat to stop flipping so that they can safely lower the ride down to its final position. My understanding is this person does this whenever he rides the attraction and it then means that he dramatically decreases the rides capacity whenever he rides it. Ride Ops seem to be annoyed, guests on the ride seem to be annoyed, guests in line are certianly annoyed and it appears the only people enjoying it are the rider himself, and maybe a passer-by or two whom isn’t waiting to get on or off of the attraction. If I had to take a wild guess I’d say that this person that does not let go of the wings until he stops flipping could be a reason that they modified the ride to allow users to flip less. If that is the case it sucks that one guy ruined it for everyone else but it wouldn’t surprise me all too much at the same time. Just my two cents

I went on skyhawk tonight and did not notice anything different about the wings. It was not very windy and i sat on the inside row but the ride op said i got 22 flips over the pa. The screen was scrambled with some pics but not complete. Not my best effort but ok.

The ride seemed to go straight up without rotating longer than i remembered and it stopped rotating at the end before coming down all the way. Not totally sure it is different than before.

Usually when it is coming down there is a brake or cam that slows the rotation.

Not sure the above story makes sense to me. Maybe 10 or 20 seconds of extra rotation as it comes down but 3-5 min does not fit with my experiences.

I went on skyhawk tonight and did not notice anything different about the wings. It was not very windy and i sat on the inside row but the ride op said i got 22 flips over the pa. The screen was scrambled with some pics but not complete. Not my best effort but ok.

The ride seemed to go straight up without rotating longer than i remembered and it stopped rotating at the end before coming down all the way. Not totally sure it is different than before.

Usually when it is coming down there is a brake or cam that slows the rotation.

Not sure the above story makes sense to me. Maybe 10 or 20 seconds of extra rotation as it comes down but 3-5 min does not fit with my experiences.

Maybe it is possible that they did not fix the wings on all the seats yet, such as the ones on the inside row as I never take those. But, it was quite noticeable for me that the wings were reduced on the outside row in how much they can pivot since the last time I had rode it back in June as I was always able to flip until I rode it again on Wednesday. Others I know that I had met at the park that day had noticed this difference too. I hope this modification is reversed.

The coaster is either going to be 291.75 Feet tall, or the drop will be 291.75 feet. 3215 feet will be the length, the height/drop will 3501 inches. i.e. 291.75 feet. 3501 / 12 = 291.75.

First post, simply because I'm reasonably confident I'm right, and if I am I want a cookie. Preferably chocolate chip.

My guess is that the ride will have 137 midcourse brake runs, setting the record for most midcourse brake runs in Canada and second most in the world after Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.