Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Yukon Striker Announced! B&M Dive Machine
Users viewing this topic: Koasterking48, stellaclose and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby Ed Farmer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 pm

As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Johnlloyd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Today, I had made my fifth visit of the season to Canada's Wonderland. I had another fun-filled day, but was disappointed to see that sometime within the past month the park had modified the wings on Skyhawk, making it now nearly impossible to flip the seats throughout the duration of the ride as they now only pivot half the amount they use to previously! During my last visit a little over a month ago, I was able to flip my seat continuously throughout the duration of the ride as I usually do.

The reasoning for the modification of the wings on Skyhawk is beyond me. Since I couldn't find any information online about other Gerstlauer Sky Roller rides possibly having this modification completed recently, it makes me wonder why Skyhawk had received this modification. It was very disappointing to come across this on an awesome ride such as Skyhawk, which was only installed two years ago. Hopefully this is not the unforeseeable future for Skyhawk! :)

Image Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views.
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Whhhaaaatttt... the one flat ride I actually like?

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Prof Kaos » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*

Lol, that about sums it up.
1 - Banshee 2 - Behemoth 3 - Mystic Timbers
4 - Vampire 5 - Leviathan 6 - Goliath (La Ronde)
7 - Diamondback 8 - Vortex (CW)
9 - The Beast 10 - Flight of Fear

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby CedarFair1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:03 am

Unique teasing campaign has started with pretty much confirmation from the park on Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QRx7A7QxYE4

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby SLCHeadache » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:13 am

I went on US Memorial Day weekend and found Skyhawk as hard to flip as the TMNT ride at Mall of America. Did I just have bad technique, or was the anti-flipping mechanism in place by then?
Top steel: Millennium Force / Steel Vengeance / Intimidator 305 / Maverick / Fury 325
Top wood: El Toro / Phoenix / GhostRider / Renegade / Flying Turns

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby lord denning » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:39 am

SLCHeadache wrote:I went on US Memorial Day weekend and found Skyhawk as hard to flip as the TMNT ride at Mall of America. Did I just have bad technique, or was the anti-flipping mechanism in place by then?

I last rode it June 29th and was able to get into a sustained flip. Sadly the ops no longer count the rotations and the screen recorded flips was busted so I have no way of knowing how close to a personal best it was.

Based solely on dizziness I think I did pretty well.
Using Tapatalk

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Honorarius » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:58 am

That's horrible news about Skyhawk... 80% of the riders couldn't flip it to begin with...

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby Johnlloyd » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:32 am

Honorarius wrote:That's horrible news about Skyhawk... 80% of the riders couldn't flip it to begin with...

Yes, it is quite horrible. The ride experience was ruined for those who could flip. Maybe they will revert the modifications eventually. But that probably is not likely, unfortunately. At least I enjoyed it for the past two years in its true glory. :)
Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Check out my amusement park blog here!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:35 am

Ed Farmer wrote:As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*

You know there's totally a CedarFair1 shrine, too.

CedarFair1 wrote:Unique teasing campaign has started with pretty much confirmation from the park on Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QRx7A7QxYE4

Link is broken, dood.
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!