TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I keep reading a "J" instead of the first "z".. Honestly I always thought that name was ridiculous and I can't see it happening.

Very excited to see what is going in for next year, I guess we'll have more certainty within the next few weeks. Hope to be back at the park next year and try it for myself!

Oh man could you imagine if they announced this giant B&M dive coaster and called it ZITS.

maybe it's close to ZITS but not quite?

(has two giant drops, and themed to "Twin Peaks" and "Hooters")

^ Then do it. CAD drawings don’t have to be insanely complicated to be CAD drawings. The only real requirement is that it’s created within a CAD software. AutoCAD, Inventor, Vectorworks, SolidWorks etc. are all acceptable tools and I believe all of them have the ability to render solid shapes and add color. Not every CAD drawing needs to be wireframe with 7,000 constraints and dimensions plastered throughout. It was a reference image to show the track based on some measurements, and i don’t see why someone would lie about the type of drawing it was, so I’m unsure why you’re questioning that point specifically.

I just wish someone would post pictures . . . here.

Why post easily viewed pictures when you can direct them to a monetized YouTube channel?

Seriously.

I removed the colours and added a few notes... can I call it a CAD drawing now, Pattycakes?

Yes, much better, thanks.

I'm sorry, I am just more used to CAD drawings looking more like this example.

Just because you used a computer to design something, doesn't mean you actually used a CAD program, sorry.

cad-1.png.139bbf984c81651b747cb772fd4bb316.png

Why post easily viewed pictures when you can direct them to a monetized YouTube channel?

I don't even mind being moved to another site where the work is monetized. The guy seems to have an expensive drone and goes daily. I DO mind having to sit through 15 minutes of inane commentary and needlessly loud music.

Just slap some ads on a blog and watermark the photos.

Edited by lord denning

I removed the colours and added a few notes... can I call it a CAD drawing now, Pattycakes?

Yes, much better, thanks.

I'm sorry, I am just more used to CAD drawings looking more like this example.

Just because you used a computer to design something, doesn't mean you actually used a CAD program, sorry.

[attachment=0]cad-1.png[/attachment]

Actually it does. CAD means Computer Assisted/Aided Design. Anything that uses a computer to assist is CAD.

Now professional CAD used by developers and architects - no. Helpful CAD no. But CAD technically yes.

My thing is entice me to want to go to your monetized YouTube channel. Give me a reason to click the link. A picture or two can't hurt, right?

Not going to take a particular side here, but you know you can embed YouTube videos in your posts. Use tags with the full URL (less timecode).

Actually it does. CAD means Computer Assisted/Aided Design. Anything that uses a computer to assist is CAD.

Now professional CAD used by developers and architects - no. Helpful CAD no. But CAD technically yes.

Technically you're correct, but heavily splitting hairs. In Engineering CAD refers to Computer Aided Drafting, software that draws up objects in 2-and 3D. Other packages that do other design aspects (CFD, FEA, Numerical Methods, Gas Dynamics) are not referred to as CAD, rather by what portion of design work they actually do. PATTYCAKES has a more correct argument in this context, in my time working in Engineering CAD has always specifically referred to drafting software.

Back on topic, when does Toronto's schools go back in session? May be passing through the area in mid-August/early-September and would rather not fight every kid and their mom if I end up there.