TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

So consensus seems to be that Pizza Pizza is on par with other chains? So long as it's better than regular Cedar Fair pizza, I'll be happy.

Now a new worry, the rain. How much does it take to shut down rides? I might have to credit-run the park on Friday evening to get the clones out of the way so I can spend the weekend proper on the unique flats and coasters.

So consensus seems to be that Pizza Pizza is on par with other chains? So long as it's better than regular Cedar Fair pizza, I'll be happy.

Now a new worry, the rain. How much does it take to shut down rides? I might have to credit-run the park on Friday evening to get the clones out of the way so I can spend the weekend proper on the unique flats and coasters.

Most rides and attractions continue to operate in light and moderate amounts of rain. Rides only close in heavy rain, high winds, or lightning storms.

Is anyone taking photos of the progress/construction? Videos are cool but I can't find the time to sit through a video over 5 minutes these days . . .

Hey Jamor, below is a photo I had captured on May 23rd of some of the construction taking place where SkyRider had once operated. A few more photos of construction from previous visits can be found on my blog. I hope this helps.

IMG_2408.JPG Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views

Is anyone taking photos of the progress/construction? Videos are cool but I can't find the time to sit through a video over 5 minutes these days . . .

Yeah, yeah... it's a video, but it really does pack in a lot of new, really cool, and interesting stuff, in only 15 minutes! He gives a nice in depth coverage of everything too.

^ He does post good videos. And doesn't waste a lot of time repeating himself and stuff. The one linked above is especially worth watching imo.

I'm going to the park on Monday. I'm also a YouTuber (get your laughs in lol) so I also usually take video, but I will get some stills to post here as well.

PS. Hi. I've been a lurker for 98% of my time on TPR lol so sorry if this came out of the clear blue

Hey Jamor, below is a photo I had captured on May 23rd of some of the construction taking place where SkyRider had once operated. A few more photos of construction from previous visits can be found on my blog. I hope this helps.

Photo credit: John Brooks via Amusement Views

YES, it does help! I had to look twice as I thought I was seeing double lol. It's nice to have all facets of coverage of parks, video and photo. Thank you all who provide this to folks like me who probably won't be going to the park in a very long time lol.

Most rides and attractions continue to operate in light and moderate amounts of rain. Rides only close in heavy rain, high winds, or lightning storms.

Thanks! Just as well, I spent today in Toronto instead of at the park due to the thunder threat. Tried Pizza Pizza there, at least it’s better than the Cedar Fair pizza at KD, that’s all I can say. Tomorrow should be nice.

I had an hour and a half for Friday evening. I took the opposite approach, hitting Leviathan, Vortex, Minebuster, and Behemoth, the four coasters I was most excited for.

This past Saturday I decided last minute to take a trip up to Canada’s Premier Amusement Park, and I figured I’d share some of my experiences below!

Leviathan is a wonderful coaster, tons of airtime, great views of Toronto (if you’re looking for it) and the front row with that first drop? Priceless!

Behemoth is also super great with that airtime it provides, especially with its last couple speed bump camel back style hills just before the final brakes. Both of these are favorites of mine.

The Fly - being that this was the first time I rode this one - was a much more fun than I was expetting. It was a happy surprise!

Food service was fairly interesting. We stopped at the thrill burger near Wild Beast and to put it nicely it was a little messy and not organized in the slightest. The guy who was taking orders was supposed to take the names of everyone and only did it about 25% of the time. He took my name after about five minutes, and did not take my friends name so we ended up waiting much longer than we initially should have. The food was alright but I wasn’t super impressed. Thankfully with the exchange rate and the season pass discount it didn’t cost all that much so I wasn’t too disappointed. We later decided to get a beaver tail from the location near Slingshot and I was pleasantly surprised! Those things are awesome!

Anybody know what “the Purple” drink actually is? It’s supposedly specific to CW.

They only had the Woof Jocks dog show which to me was disappointing. I loved the dog show but I was hoping to see more. Even Starlight Reflecfions. I’m surprised they don’t play that on the weekends or something leading up to their daily run in late June. That seems like a relatively short run for a night time show when this park is open until 10 on Fridays and Saturdays currently. Perhaps that’s just my opinion because I Love night time shows but who knows

Thankfully, there was some rain between about 6 and 7:30, and that scared a LARGE number of people away. It led to less than 20 minutes waits for most all rides until park close. It was a nice way to end our mini trip to the park. I’m looking forward to Celebration Canada in July, and will certainly be back. Thankfully with living just outside of Buffalo, the trip isn’t all that bad!

Whatever is in store for 2019 is looking to be like an awesome attraction. It’s great to have so much speculation at a park so close to home! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Wonderland’s future!

Finally, here’s some photos in no real particular order, nothing beats a CW sunset!

2CDBB0D7-CC9A-47D7-9AC3-F28BBF39FB22.thumb.jpeg.728c486938199661224e49e340d1fdee.jpeg

68A30F02-D930-4829-B983-DAB7E9B230E4.thumb.jpeg.fc6092243938fa7a2450dcce0ddadf61.jpeg

7A5941C6-8FA0-40E1-A25E-0398C4FCA40D.thumb.jpeg.66be96661e76efabcef2b364024b99e2.jpeg

8B2076EA-67EE-47BE-9FEF-177EF674E07A.thumb.jpeg.8926959141c0cc96cec36d529cb01460.jpeg

A6FC57DD-3996-4EB7-BAB5-8290DA40AD9C.thumb.jpeg.8b2a97df463d42b36a1d375a93a863dd.jpeg

AC5E4F7E-4F9B-407B-903B-6439E4DB8E09.thumb.jpeg.a7108745bb5af75ae92a7be7d16f8477.jpeg

CC4C064E-E509-487B-843B-C7DFAA4AF16F.thumb.jpeg.6bc7b79fee8a02d55a64b0c705602f67.jpeg

Great report!

It's sad to say, but as much as I love the park, food is almost always a huge headache. Lines for food can be really long, and the staff is generally completely unmotivated.

The quality of the food is much better in certain areas though. Muskoka Burger and Beer makes a rather decent burger, Backlot Cafe makes decent Indian, Greek and Texmex. And of course, Beaver Tails are amazing, as you discovered.

I too look forward to more shows. Cirque Canadien was good last year. Some great acrobatics and performances, with some amusing antics. Hopefully they're good this year too.

re: the food

Since you have in/out access all day, I usually leave the park and grab food from across the street. Pita Land and Little Caesars are among my favourite. You can also grab a couple of tall boys from the beer store and have a little picnic on the grassy hills that border the parking lot and give you a great view of Leviathan doing it's thing.

If you want to save even more money - I've never been ticketed/towed for parking at this strip plaza either and I've done it at least 10 times.

Great pictures and report! I didn't notice how nice that front fountain area looks at night!

It's sad to say, but as much as I love the park, food is almost always a huge headache. Lines for food can be really long, and the staff is generally completely unmotivated.

So it sounds like this wasn't just an issue when I was there, or my perception. Hopefully Canada's Wonderland and Cedar Fair as a whole improve their food place throughput. Some places at Cedar Point are fine, but many need work. Maybe they can match the quality of their ride operations some day (that is a compliment!).

Hey everyone. I know this is going to sound incredibly stupid, but Canada's Wonderland is getting dive coaster in 2019, correct? I've been living under a rock for almost a year, so fill me in.

There's a lot going on, and it's a lot of typing to fill you in on everything. It can all be found throughout the Canada's Wonderland Thread if you take some time to look, however if you want a more concentrated version of everything, here's some links to some videos by Amusement Insiders.

If that's not enough, explore his channel... he has a lot of good updates

Do you guys think this 2019 coaster has the potential to be a GIGA with the information on track size, pull out length and teasers?

Hopefully not, I would say no for sure, but you cannot be too certain with Cedar Fair.

Been a long time since I've posted but I'm going to throw out the idea that the Chilkoot Trail teasers aren't for the new ride but for Vortex's new name/theme.

Chilkoot Trail passes over the Chilkoot Pass at it's peak and there used to be a number of aerial tramways that delivered supplies and Prospectors over the trail. With Vortex being a suspended coaster that travels over the peak of Wonder Mountain and the new Canadian themes going into the area, I think its a pretty good possibility.

Wait, I haven't really been following this but people are predicting a strata coaster even though there's a visible piece of B&M track sitting in the middle of a lake in the middle of the park?

... it's a dive machine.