Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 877 - Two new flat rides coming in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Postby CedarFair1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:50 am

Our Best Update so far with great quality footage finally (as I learn how to use a DJI drone properly). Check out the finished tunnel, nearly complete Lumberjack and some minor improvements occurring. We will be at the media event on Saturday so subscribe for live streams :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILJq5gYIBB0&t=8s

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby WolfBobs » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:37 am

^Thanks for the update!

If I can make one suggestion as someone who has only been to CW once and isn't that familiar with the park. I think the videos could be improved upon if you had some of those red clickbait circles around the areas as you discuss them. Or arrows or something.

But again thanks for the videos and the updates.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby kotsy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:19 pm

WolfBobs wrote:^Thanks for the update!

If I can make one suggestion as someone who has only been to CW once and isn't that familiar with the park. I think the videos could be improved upon if you had some of those red clickbait circles around the areas as you discuss them. Or arrows or something.

Even better would be to switch back and forth between the video footage and zoomed in stills. I use a really big monitor and the areas of the park that are usually discussed (tunnel, lumberjack etc) are very tiny on my screen. The zoomed in images you've been posting on instagram have been looking really good lately.

Postby CedarFair1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 pm

kotsy wrote:

Even better would be to switch back and forth between the video footage and zoomed in stills. I use a really big monitor and the areas of the park that are usually discussed (tunnel, lumberjack etc) are very tiny on my screen. The zoomed in images you've been posting on instagram have been looking really good lately.

Thanks for that suggestion! Will def try it out

Postby CedarFair1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqDpaSxvns

LOOK AT THIS TUNNEL :0 It's gorgeous!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby DorneyKid14 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:34 pm

CedarFair1 wrote:
kotsy wrote:

Thanks for that suggestion! Will def try it out

Would be cool to add in arrows or circles to things you're talking about. I'm not familiar with the park. Watching the videos I never know where to look for things.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Prof Kaos wrote:Cool! Hotel looks nice enough. It's no Cedar Point resort, but it is going to be great nonetheless.

I wasn't even remotely excited about the hotel, but then I remembered just how nice it is to stay really close to theme parks while traveling, and on-site/official is as good as it gets. Something for me to look into for sure.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby TwistyTie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:14 pm

Looks like there's dive coaster track under this tarp!
TTD is better than Maverick (at least in the front seat :lover: )

Postby CedarFair1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7IqL1GgYA8&lc=z23ucftzwwyrdlssmacdp433h0byd0ssnm25db45pshw03c010c

A juicy interview witht he Director of Communications at Canada's Wonderland on 2018 and the future :0

Also there will be more videos from yesterday uoloaded shortly. Still new to vlogging and working with 4k so a lot to learn. Be patient haha...

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:16 am

I don't know what it means but the "Mamba" trademark from several years ago had a Security Agreement put on it last year suggesting that Wonderland still intends to use it maybe?

https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/viewTrademark?id=1547382&lang=eng&tab=reg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!