TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Cool! Hotel looks nice enough. It's no Cedar Point resort, but it is going to be great nonetheless.

Lumberjack doesn't look 100% done. I'm thinking it won't be ready for Friday, sadly. Wouldn't mind being wrong though.

Our Best Update so far with great quality footage finally (as I learn how to use a DJI drone properly). Check out the finished tunnel, nearly complete Lumberjack and some minor improvements occurring. We will be at the media event on Saturday so subscribe for live streams

^Thanks for the update!

If I can make one suggestion as someone who has only been to CW once and isn't that familiar with the park. I think the videos could be improved upon if you had some of those red clickbait circles around the areas as you discuss them. Or arrows or something.

But again thanks for the videos and the updates.

^Thanks for the update!

If I can make one suggestion as someone who has only been to CW once and isn't that familiar with the park. I think the videos could be improved upon if you had some of those red clickbait circles around the areas as you discuss them. Or arrows or something.

Even better would be to switch back and forth between the video footage and zoomed in stills. I use a really big monitor and the areas of the park that are usually discussed (tunnel, lumberjack etc) are very tiny on my screen. The zoomed in images you've been posting on instagram have been looking really good lately.

^Thanks for the update!

Even better would be to switch back and forth between the video footage and zoomed in stills. I use a really big monitor and the areas of the park that are usually discussed (tunnel, lumberjack etc) are very tiny on my screen. The zoomed in images you've been posting on instagram have been looking really good lately.

Thanks for that suggestion! Will def try it out

^Thanks for the update!

Thanks for that suggestion! Will def try it out

Would be cool to add in arrows or circles to things you're talking about. I'm not familiar with the park. Watching the videos I never know where to look for things.

Cool! Hotel looks nice enough. It's no Cedar Point resort, but it is going to be great nonetheless.

I wasn't even remotely excited about the hotel, but then I remembered just how nice it is to stay really close to theme parks while traveling, and on-site/official is as good as it gets. Something for me to look into for sure.

Here is an off-ride video of the all-new for 2018 Lumberjack testing during Season Pass Sneak Preview Night at Canada's Wonderland. Lumberjack is a Hawk 48 ride manufactured by Zamperla of Italy. It should be open to the public by Opening Day on Sunday, April 29th, 2018.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The lights on the edge of the axe blades look great especially surrounded by the lamp posts.

I'm looking forward to the surrounding area in acouple weeks once there's leaves on the tree's and grass has grown out. I'm liking the focus on the creek as well, in retrospect it seemed a waste to be buried mostly by the mini putt course.

The lights on the edge of the axe blades look great especially surrounded by the lamp posts.

I'm looking forward to the surrounding area in acouple weeks once there's leaves on the tree's and grass has grown out. I'm liking the focus on the creek as well, in retrospect it seemed a waste to be buried mostly by the mini putt course.

Yes, Zamperla did a great job with the theming of Lumberjack! It looks even better in person! The park also did a great job with the placement of the ride and the landscaping surrounding it. I will try to get more photos next time I visit.

Here is an off-ride video of the all-new for 2018 Lumberjack testing during Season Pass Sneak Preview Night at Canada's Wonderland. Lumberjack is a Hawk 48 ride manufactured by Zamperla of Italy. It should be open to the public by Opening Day on Sunday, April 29th, 2018.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I would normally have zero interest in a ride like that, but the theming is just too good.

...I would normally have zero interest in a ride like that, but the theming is just too good.

And that lighting! Love how they lit the 'ax' blades.

have a Happy Opening Day tomorrow!

re: lumberjack

Couldn't they have saved a lot of money by just moving Jet Scream? The rides are almost identical, save for appearance.

The flat ride they put in last year was basically a less intense version of Shockwave too. I'm all for new flat rides but after watching some videos of what Six Flags has put in over the last few years I can see that there are a slew of very different flat rides Wonderland could've purchased instead.

re: lumberjack

Couldn't they have saved a lot of money by just moving Jet Scream? The rides are almost identical, save for appearance.

The flat ride they put in last year was basically a less intense version of Shockwave too. I'm all for new flat rides but after watching some videos of what Six Flags has put in over the last few years I can see that there are a slew of very different flat rides Wonderland could've purchased instead.

Well that would have been a wise idea, but Jet Scream was starting to wain in popularity by the time of its removal in late 2010. Also, it looped over the top slowly, instead of moving fast often causing pain for most of the riders. Also from what I understand, the PLC was too costly to replace. But since its removal, it was sold to a park in South America (Venezuela I believe), where it has been standing but not operating since. But, I feel Lumberjack will be much better received by park visitors due to the comfortable ride it provides.

As for last year's addition, Soaring Timbers, it is the predecessor of the Mondial Top Scan (Shockwave). So, I do agree that it doesn't make much sense as to why they added it to Canada's Wonderland last year. I feel another park in the chain would have benefited better from it. On a side note, prior to coming to Canada's Wonderland, Soaring Timbers had traveled the European midways running on a more intense program. But on a positive note, given the way Canada's Wonderland operates Soaring Timbers, it does fill the gap for a thrilling family ride. I just wish they would be able to load it much faster.