TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Tunnel has lights installed, electrical and the roof is stored off to the side. The Splash Works expansion has started called "lakeside lagoon" and Vortex is getting a re theme.

I noticed that Grace Peacock, the Director of Communications for Canada's Wonderland had hinted on Twitter that "...somebody's getting a makeover for 2018". In the photo it looks like Vortex's cars getting a makeover. It would be nice for Vortex's trains to receive their original colours which they had back when it opened in 1991, as that would be amazing. We'll just have to wait and see what's in store as time progresses.

Vortex in 1991 (It's opening year):

Photo credit: www.loopyguy.com

It's getting a Timber theme

How do you know this? Please provide proof.

Just wait, theres 30 something days till the Bank days and Canada's Wonderland said they would reveal shortly

These "Canadian themes" are so cheesy and are more of a comic book Canadian identity as seen by people who have never been here themselves. Mounties and lumberjacks: when was the last time anyone from Toronto saw either one?. Kinda borderline insulting (literally).

To be fair though, it's not "Modern Canada" theme, it's "Frontier Canada"

Even when the original idea for it in the 1980's came around, KECO had a plan for a stream train, mine ride, multiple lumberjack contests, restaraunts and other Canadiana themes from the 1800's with the Mighty Canadian Minebuster being the centrepice of the area. I would suggest that back then there would've been similar names and themes.

There's a lot worse things to be offended over than a mountie eating donuts on a moose with a paddle. If people think that's what Canada is, so be it. Remember you're at a theme park, not a museum.

Cedar Fair is trying it's best with the space it has to recreate the original plan and I feel like they're doing a good job so far, even if the names are a little corny, it's mostly about the experience.

Tunnel has lights installed, electrical and the roof is stored off to the side. The Splash Works expansion has started called "lakeside lagoon" and Vortex is getting a re theme.

I noticed that Grace Peacock, the Director of Communications for Canada's Wonderland had hinted on Twitter that "...somebody's getting a makeover for 2018". In the photo it looks like Vortex's cars getting a makeover. It would be nice for Vortex's trains to receive their original colours which they had back when it opened in 1991, as that would be amazing. We'll just have to wait and see what's in store as time progresses.

Just wait, theres 30 something days till the Bank days and Canada's Wonderland said they would reveal shortly

Translation: I don't have any.

And: Scene!

Translation: I don't have any.

And: Scene!

Told you just to wait

29472595_10155615368503924_3029684602861942688_n.jpg.d5ab68b20cc5e324cbef679c4faef5a2.jpg

29495765_10155615368478924_5314999547609054786_n.jpg.29cd515e2bc67c048c74435a58dc5f4a.jpg

29496391_10155615368408924_3273284442812056505_n.jpg.4fd01fae1791905801ce031412ae9edd.jpg

29497758_10155615368433924_4460038155157367609_n.thumb.jpg.3b0da3a9521a007d6c62c5b0e9b4c06f.jpg

29512500_10155615368368924_8917133040093331449_n.thumb.jpg.9f37d9d9e6dc9621dfee2026bfe9d954.jpg

Edit: I see they posted more photos. Maybe you're right. However, I think you should expand a bit more when you make a statement like that. "It's getting a Timber theme" is a factual statement, not a guess. A guess is "I think it's a getting a timber theme." So I was just asking for a bit more of an explanation on how you know/knew this.

Edit: I see they posted more photos. Maybe you're right. However, I think you should expand a bit more when you make a statement like that. "It's getting a Timber theme" is a factual statement, not a guess. A guess is "I think it's a getting a timber theme." So I was just asking for a bit more of an explanation on how you know/knew this.

I appreciate tidbits being dropped every now and then. Proof isn't always needed. It's not like he was being a "I know something you don't know" jerk about it. To me, it's all good for speculation. No expanding needed or "required".

Cedarfair1 . . . Thanks for your contributions. I, for one, enjoy them and I personally don't need proof aliens exist to back up your claims .

I noticed that lately Wonderland Pictures of construction are more tight that when Guardian was built a few years ago. We got on site images during construction of Guardian.

Lately we are lucky to see distant drone footage (Which are amazing considering the work to get the footage)

Has wonderland tighten up leaks recently?

I mentioned to the wife that we could easily with a long weekend go from Cincy to Canada’s wonderland at some point this summer and hit Niagara Falls on the trip as well. She is interested. Give me any and all information you think I may need for such a trip. Thank you.

I mentioned to the wife that we could easily with a long weekend go from Cincy to Canada’s wonderland at some point this summer and hit Niagara Falls on the trip as well. She is interested. Give me any and all information you think I may need for such a trip. Thank you.

Go on a weekday before end ohf June and you wont need a fastlane!

I noticed that lately Wonderland Pictures of construction are more tight that when Guardian was built a few years ago. We got on site images during construction of Guardian.

Lately we are lucky to see distant drone footage (Which are amazing considering the work to get the footage)

Has wonderland tighten up leaks recently?

Construction pictures for the coaster won't come till August when the rides announced. They've done a lot of updates on the flat rides and catering facility in their website under blogs

Would you be driving up? Or flying up and renting a car (there are direct flights to Toronto from Cincinnati). That would determine which order you want to do things in and get a better indication of timing.

^^ The view of Niagara Falls is WAY better from the Canadian Side... BUT!! The USA side has Cave of the Winds and is the best way to "experience" Niagara Falls IMO even though it's with the smallest of the 3 falls that comprise Niagara Falls. (FUN FACT) -- So definitely do that. And it's pretty cheap (though the line can get really long at peak times... but completely worth it!). Just make sure you have a change of clothes!!!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-d283344?m=19905

2930be6994432ab7ec2e89a1a86ab3b8.jpg

^ that's me! :-P

There is much to do on the Cdn side of the Falls, you could easily spend a full day. Check out the Niagara Parks pass, which includes transportation and admission to the Whirpool Gondola, Rapids walk, Journey behind the falls, Butteryfly Exibit and more. I would recommend The Keg Fallsview for dinner. All Falls restaurants are overpriced, but the food is at least good there.

I've done the reverse Kings Island trip! Wonderland is very similar, so you probably don't need park advice. You'll deal with heavy traffic Friday evening, or Thursday if Friday is the holiday. Try to go on an American holiday like Memorial Day or July 4th.

4th of July is a gongshow since Americans and Canadians celebrate their nations birthday within a couple days of eachother. If you're going Then, you will definitely need a fast pass.

Not this year. Our Holiday will be Monday and July 4th will be the following Wednesday.

We were actually talking about trying it on 4th of July.

How will that work this year? Will you get the Friday off instead? Any weekend is busy at Wonderland, but it is better to visit on your holidays that don’t correspond with ours.