TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

Orange is current construction activity,

Blue is sandbags redirecting water flow, you can see them clearly in a post above,

Lime Green is two dug out holes which could be the tunnel entrance and exits,

Yellow looks to me like a possible station location and lift hill dig out with an electrical area dug out as well.

Hope you know that all your updates are very much appreciated! Super excited to see whats coming here! Keep it up man

VORTEX life matters too!!!!

Piece of Vortex track removed for project 2019

I sure hope that they don't remove it. I don't know much about the ride and its reliability but its clone, the Bat is still in operation and is doing well (minus the lift motor that blew in August). Hopefully if it is removed, Cedar Fair Does not start removing Arrow coasters......anyone else know more?

I ride Vortex at least once every time I go, and I go often. While it's not my favorite, I do love it. It's got kind of a special status with myself and the wife. The line fills up quickly when the park is busy, and it runs pretty smoothly and reliably, so I doubt it's going anywhere. I suspect Thrillseeker is right in that it's just kind of in the way of some of the work they need to get done.

Are you allowed to be operating this drone where you are? It sure looks like it's over CF's property, which without permission is definitely against their rules

It's not on their property, that I can gurantee. They have a perimeter fence installed and i simply fly up and down. What you're seeing is I just upgraded from my 1080 p drone to a 4k drone with lenses for zooming and filters. I literally goto 80-90 meters in the air and fiddle around with camera settings and film/ snap. In all my videos on my Youtube you can see what I do in detail plus there's too many construction personel and the security guards are always out so it would be too risky

Also, if at any point the park asked me to stop, I would stop.

Edited by CedarFair1

VORTEX life matters too!!!!

Piece of Vortex track removed for project 2019

I sure hope that they don't remove it. I don't know much about the ride and its reliability but its clone, the Bat is still in operation and is doing well (minus the lift motor that blew in August). Hopefully if it is removed, Cedar Fair Does not start removing Arrow coasters......anyone else know more?

Theyre not removing Vortex, its for temporary access to construct a tunnel for a new coaster

Tracking this project has me thinking how not even 10 years ago all this work would've been done in relative secret. You'd walk in opening day and would have had no clue that footers were poured, track sections removed and reinstalled, etc.

Now in the age of social media, smart phones and drones it's almost impossible for parks to keep secrets.

Looking forward to following the progress on this as 2019 should be the year I make a return trip.

Predictions in order of likelihood:

1) B&M Invert - meets the air/bird theme, majorly improves upon the terrible SLC, could see something similar to Banshee.

2) B&M Flyer - air/bird theme, improves upon Spine Warp, see something similar to Tatsu/Flying Dinosaur.

3) B&M Wing - air/bird theme, first Wing coaster in Canada, BUT this tunnel would have to be huge to accommodate the width of the ride/trains.

4) B&M Floorless - meets the "we need a good looping coaster" criteria, first Floorless coaster in Canada.

There is a good chance it will be although I think an invert or something that stays close to the ground and interacts with the terrain would be better. Something like Maverick. Id rather see something like that instead of another coaster that tries to break the height barrier again.

Realy cool shots of leviathan and awesome construction updates. Big thanks!

Is a B&M dive coaster out of the question? Would be a great fit for a tunnel.

I think a B&M Dive coaster would still work, especially with the underwater tunnel element that is included in the plans. One would definitely fit nicely within the land available behind Wonder Mountain. But, maybe something more unique than a B&M Dive Coaster will be Canada's Wonderland's next roller coaster. We'll just have to wait and see!

Do we KNOW it's going to be a complete tunnel in the water? Or maybe just a trench for a water scoop element? Like Sheikra? *cough*

The city minutes mention tunnel and also that Wonderland has in place flood prevention and occurance plans. Judging by Cedarfair1’s pictures, it looks quite deep at this point.

It doesn’t look wide enough for a wing or drop coaster. I’m still going invert, but a Tatsu-like flyer, diving under the water and hugging the terrain would be awesome too!