TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Nickelodeon Universe, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

January 9th, 2006 - Mall of America loses Camp Snoopy name - SEE BELOW!

February 28th, 2007 - New drop tower to be added along with newly themed park

July 24th, 2007 - New rides leaked for 2008

November 23rd, 2007 - Levy Restaurants to be new food supplier for Nick Universe

November 27th, 2007 - Eurofighter announced for 2008

December 4th, 2007 - Complete list of rethemed (and new) rides for 2008

January 4th, 2008 - First track installed for Spongebob Eurofighter

January 18th, 2008 - Construction update

March 15th, 2008 - new rides open

July 11th, 2008 - Contest to marathon Avatar Airbender

January 24th, 2009 - Positive article about the Flying Dutchman Ghostly Gangplank Ropes course that was added in 2008

February 1st, 2009 - rumors of a Chance UniCoaster

March 2nd, 2009 - Unicoaster construction photos

March 13th, 2010 - Brain Surge (Unicoaster) is ready for opening later in the week

November 4th, 2011 - Tak Attack to be removed

January 20th, 2012 - Park announces Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock

March 4th, 2012 - Update on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock and New Anchor Drop Slides

April 30th, 2014 - Zipline will be added for 2014

April 16th, 2015 - Nickelodeon Universe adding "Flyover America", an upcharge attraction

July 7th, 2015 - Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone to close on July 11th, 2015

July 29th, 2015 - Shredder's Mutant Masher announced

November 5th, 2015 - Shredder's Mutant Masher opens

March 31st, 2016 - Flyover America opens

November 28th, 2018 - North America's largest indoor water park proposed!

April 26th, 2019 - $250 million indoor water park project approved!

http://www.startribune.com/535/story/172686.html

In a plot twist worthy of "Snoopy Come Home," the 13-year-long partnership between Mall of America and the "Peanuts" gang is about to come to an end.

Mall officials said Monday that several months of negotiations with United Media over the Peanuts brand ended without an agreement — which means that as of Jan. 19, the mall's indoor amusement park, the largest of its kind in the United States, will no longer be called Camp Snoopy.

"The amusement park and rides will remain open and we are preparing to move forward in a new direction with new opportunities," said a press release from mall officials.

The licensing agreement actually ended last spring, but United Media up until recently allowed the mall to continue using Peanuts names and images. Mall officials had hoped to retain the theme, given that creator Charles Schultz was born and grew up in the Twin Cities.

Mall officials said they are in negotiations with other brands and said they hope to announce a new amusement park theme soon. For the time being, it will be referred to as "The Park at MOA."

Damn, that sucks. The park just won't be the same without the Snoopy theming, IMO.

--Robb

TPR Micro Feb.zip

Edited by larrygator

Ya I know about this. I just heard it on the news 'bout 5 minutes ago! It's going away Thursday! My Thoughts on this are, (NOOOOOOOOOO! NO NO NO NO)! I really didn't like this at all when I first found out 'bout this! I thought that they would find someway to keep snoopy at the park, I was wrong. From what I heard on renaming the park is, "The Park at MOA". I've also heard at screamscape about Camp Snoopy talking to Warner Brothers Movie World, and Six Flags! But I am just sad. The park won't be the same without Snoopy.

• 10 months later...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/16109676.htm

Mall officials said they would invest $25 million into new rides and attractions at the Park at MOA over the next 18 months. Construction is expected to begin next year on a Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter roller coaster. Gerstlauer is a German designer and manufacturer of amusement rides. The roller coaster is expected to debut in 2008.

Doesn't open until 2008, but still...this is very good news!

--Robb

Now, does anyone know how tall the roof is in the amusement park section?

I don't know a solid number but by using other rides that seem to go right up the roof might give us an idea.

A Zamplera Rotorshake is 85 feet

A Chance Gaint Wheel is 90 feet

and that's about the size of the other EuroFighters.

I've never been to the park but from the photos i'd never though there would be room for another major coaster.

to save people some time I've captured the photo from the video above.

MOA-Park-Eurofighter-2008.jpg.97f5eeeb08643918b16696eeb7356953.jpg

Custom Design!