Photo TR: Derek, Nicole, and James do SFNE

How slow can you go?!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby KingOfNynex2003 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:31 am

That is why I don't like Vekoma and unfortunately at my home park they have one of the worst Vekoma Corkscrew coasters in the world.[/img]
sfne060730_108.jpg
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/a8a731ac04bc03138e9c85ddc2e9c415.jpg[/img][/url]

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:09 am

Great TR! It makes me really want to go back! Speaking of which, how are your experiences there? (as far as dealing with punks, thugs and crap)

Edit, (^) and that's why I don't like ear piercings!

An American Classic.

Postby Masked_Maverick » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:03 am

Crainial Pericings+ Vekoma Hang-n-Bang=Not a good idea sorry James. Great Photo TR btw.
"I'm not questioning your powers of observation I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is."-V

Official Credit Count: 49

Unofficial Credit Count(including whored/mobile credits): 52

Rock Your Cock!

Postby Canobie Fan » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:31 am

lol.. Of all the rides I have been on.. And the number of times... That was the first time I have ever bled.. Because of a coaster ::)

Sexiest Lips in South Carolina!

Postby Homey G. » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:56 am

This is why I adopted a Goldbot-mandatory policy for any SF park I care to ride anything of any worth more than once.

Sorry you had a "standard for me" SFNE day.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:06 am

This park used to be great, but it's like they specifically picked the nicest parts of it, and by only removing a few rides, managed to turn it from a Beautiful park with a beautiful ferris wheel, a spider, the log flume, and chaos ride into an ugly crappy park. And then, they put in Wiggles world in place of Tiny Timber Town, which turned one of the nicest (non commercialized) kiddy areas in the chain into the ugliest thing I have ever seen.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby TheRealTinkerbell » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:43 am

ginzo wrote: Are operators trained to do this nonsense?

Depends on the parks. At Disneyland they just pull up or tap on the lap bar. Same with Universal Studios. Well, only for R.O.T.M., because on J.P. they just tell you to pull down on the lap bar and push up. Now in my experience with the S.F.'s I've been too, I think it's required for them to push down and try to get some internal bleeding going. :devil: Actually, I think I saw a memo on the Training Guide telling employees to do so.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Cornytopps » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks for the photos! Having been going to this park since I was 6, I have to say that Six Flags could do so much more with the layout. Right now, there are a lot of sparse/empty areas of the park. Your comment about Batman and Crime Wave not being over where Superman is gets me as well. I keep coming up with this idea to create more themed areas at SFNE because it would make the park so much more interesting. Batman would "vanish" and just be "Knight Flight" and that area could be re-themed into Camelot, then the following year SF could bring back Batman and have a rocket coaster like Furius Baco depart from where Nightwing was (I'm still hoping they get rid of it) and travel through the woods...back there. I've always wondered why SFNE doesn't develop more...back there. Does anyone know?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Evan1127 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:55 am

Cornytopps wrote:I've always wondered why SFNE doesn't develop more...back there. Does anyone know?

Behind Nightwing/Superman is swampland (with an actual creek running through it) and then the Picnic Grove. Not much can be done there.

For reference, here is a satellite image. The band of trees running through is the swampy area. Superman's last curve into the brakes is often swampy, as well.

Counts Haunt Credits

Postby doublex98 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:23 am

hmmm looks like you guys had fun! Superman looks great and so does the park!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!