Photo TR: Derek, Nicole, and James do SFNE

How slow can you go?!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:09 pm

:lol:

Great Photo TR Derek! Sad to hear that the park isn't any better than your old experiences, as for some reason I've felt like this park could be really nice...at least from the PTRs I've seen.

Nice captions. ::D

-Jahan

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby bulldogmom » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:13 pm

Great pics, and great captions as usual. (especially the "sideboob" one)
My ear is still hurting from looking at that picture of James' ear!
Home Park: Kennywood
Favorite Park: Cedar Point
Favorite Coaster: Millennium Force (steel); Beast (wood)
Coasters Ridden: 72

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:12 am

Sideboob on the family coaster, Welcome to Six Flags!
LOL. Yeah, way to go Shapiro. And Wes beat me to it. I was also wondering what color S:ROS was now. :?r

Nice report!
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby coastermaniac123 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:01 am

Jeez, sorry you had a bad day at the park. Your TR makes it sound like it's Magic Mountain. I have been three times since opening and B:TDK and S:ROS seem to have slow crews. My last visit showed that B:TDK was extremely rough. Cyclone has been kicking for me, everytime I go, there are some trims off it not all! I haven't experience many linejumpers yet and any smokers, and the people who don't know how to use Q-bot are complete idiots. They make you watch a video on how to visit :lmao: . Last visit, I didn't get stapled once and S:ROS was extremely smooth, but after 7 years of age it is not as good.

Hot Coaster Chick!

Postby niiicolaaah » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:47 am

arrowfanman wrote::lol:

Great Photo TR Derek! Sad to hear that the park isn't any better than your old experiences, as for some reason I've felt like this park could be really nice...at least from the PTRs I've seen.

Nice captions. ::D

-Jahan

Yeah, it's a really nice LOOKING park. It's very pretty. If you fired every single employee, replaced them with well-trained employees with common sense, and banished 3/4 of the park patrons, it would be a really great park. :lolr:

But personally, I would rather visit a crappy looking park that is run well, than a really nice looking park surrounded by a bunch of idiot ride ops who don't know that one single rider + one single rider = two riders, and leave rows open on a coaster when there's a 1.5 hour queue. And not to mention park guests that smoke in line, and talk so loudly during the entire pre-show and ride of Houdini's Great Escape that if I hadn't ridden the one at GAdv I'd have no idea what was going on. :roll:
Parks: 71| Wood: 68 | Steel: 272 | Total Coasters: 340 | States: 23| Countries: 6

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby supermanrosfan0810 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:48 am

Well I'm leaving for SFNE any minute now, we'll see if it was just a bad day.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:03 am

niiicolaaah wrote:
arrowfanman wrote:And not to mention park guests that smoke in line, and talk so loudly during the entire pre-show and ride of Houdini's Great Escape that if I hadn't ridden the one at GAdv I'd have no idea what was going on. :roll:

I agree with that - We rode Houdini for the first time yesterday and I had no idea what was going on. The sound level in the ride itself was way low though.

Not Everyone In Germany Wears Lederhosen and Eats Sauerkraut

Postby Hattuchili » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:14 am

It looks like you guys had fun, Derek. The only thing I am missing is a beer on one of the pictures. ;)

--Soren
--> from good old Germany and back in Orlando!

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby verticalzero » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:51 am

Nice Pic's, if you get stapled with the bar or ohr, tell an Op and they can release it till your happy.

I push my stomach out and slouch in the seat (it's not a beer gut type) when they come and check the buzzbars etc, this way you get a lovely gap between the bar and your body when you sit up straight.

Anyone know why the old 1st drop on the Riverside Cyclone not removed when it was re-profiled with a shorter drop..?
"Roller coaster design is a science, as well as an art: a state of pure bliss".

--------------------------------------

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:53 am

supermanrosfan0810 wrote:Well I'm leaving for SFNE any minute now, we'll see if it was just a bad day.

I'm pretty certain that you'll have a better day based that it is a Monday and shouldn't be as crowded. The clientelle may be different as well, therefore less linejumping and smoking in the queues, but operations should still be pretty lagging, maybe even more 1 train operations than on the weekends, not that it makes much of a difference having 2 trains with the length of stacking that takes place at that park.

Soren, you won't be seeing me with a beer at that park, although they do sell it there and they do have a Sam Adams biergarten, I refuse to pay like $12 or whatever it is for a pint at the park. See the beer thread for the much needed drinking that was done afterwards :D
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!