Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1388 - Halloween Horror Nights 27 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: trainplane3 and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Here's the video from the Q&A if anyone is interested:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Although I am not a fan of motion simulators or 3D rides, Im excited for this ride for Universal as it needed a refreshing E ticket attraction. I'm no fan of the Spiderman ride as it sucks, but I'm looking forward to the Transformers #D ride for the action. I love that it will help that deadzone between hollywood and new york be spruces up a bit. It'd be really cool if they added a transformers restaurant where mel's is and moved mels to fit in with cabana bay, but wishful thinking lol.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby SNJ » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:41 am

ThatFloridaDude wrote:Although I am not a fan of motion simulators or 3D rides, Im excited for this ride for Universal as it needed a refreshing E ticket attraction. I'm no fan of the Spiderman ride as it sucks, but I'm looking forward to the Transformers #D ride for the action. I love that it will help that deadzone between hollywood and new york be spruces up a bit. It'd be really cool if they added a transformers restaurant where mel's is and moved mels to fit in with cabana bay, but wishful thinking lol.

If you think Spiderman sucks, then I can't imagine you'll like the Transformers ride much, either. At least for the Hollywood version, I was a little bummed as it wasn't as "intense" of a ride as Spiderman, in terms of the spinning and the unique motion feeling these rides give you. On top of that it's mostly JUST screens and maybe a piece of a set here or there. If you're purely looking for action sequences (which Spiderman totally has), I guess you might like what the screens have to offer....

I know it's my opinion, but the Spiderman rides story, visuals, fun, and thrill surpasses Transformers.

BUT TRANSFORMERS IS A GOOD RIDE, don't get me wrong.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:34 pm

SNJ wrote:If you think Spiderman sucks, then I can't imagine you'll like the Transformers ride much, either. At least for the Hollywood version, I was a little bummed as it wasn't as "intense" of a ride as Spiderman, in terms of the spinning and the unique motion feeling these rides give you. On top of that it's mostly JUST screens and maybe a piece of a set here or there. If you're purely looking for action sequences (which Spiderman totally has), I guess you might like what the screens have to offer....

I know it's my opinion, but the Spiderman rides story, visuals, fun, and thrill surpasses Transformers.

BUT TRANSFORMERS IS A GOOD RIDE, don't get me wrong.

I agree with this. I like them both, I like Spiderman because they have more complete sets and interactions with the sets, but like the action of Transformers. Overall though, they are very similar. Still pretty amazing rides!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 am

Kind of funny but I will probably end up riding Transformers in Orlando first instead of Hollywood which is 4 hours away!

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:54 am

This is from Spins the World regarding Potter:

Hogwarts Express will be the real deal! The train stations include highly detailed scenery and effects. The trains themselves will be very realistic including steam wafting from each car, scenic treatment and sounds. Each interior cabin includes period props and treatments. The window in each cabin will utilize an advanced optics display making it appear as though you are looking outside a window. As the train travels to the station riders will be treated to different storylines depending on which station they are going to. The cabins are also equipped with a full effects package including heat blast, leg ticklers, lighting etc. One storyline includes a Dementors attack where it will get dark, the air will go cold and lights will flicker among other things.

Make no mistake the connector train ride is a full E-ticket! The R&D for the display system alone is staggering. Nothing like this has been done before on this scale and it will be spectacular. Avatar looks to be a joke compared to just this attraction. I haven’t even mentioned the major new ride for Potter 2.0 yet.

That brings me to Gringott’s. The queue, in my opinion, will be even better than Forbidden Journey’s queue. Let’s put it this way…the queue includes a really cool elevator ride that will simulate moving vertically and horizontally. You’ll feel the air coming from the right side as you move to the right and you’ll feel the air from below as you travel down. Each of the two elevator simulators include a projection dome above to enhance the visuals. That’s just in the queue. Maybe I’ll save the actual ride description for another time but suffice it to say that everything from the unique ride system to the exciting show elements will make this attraction one of the most impressive rides to date.
Steel: 152 | Wood: 43 | Total: 195

Last Coaster Ridden: Flight Deck at CGA on 08/13/2017

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:58 am

^Ugh, I just wish any of that sounded remotely appealing to me.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 am

I'm not a huge fan of the Harry Potter Franchise but you have to admit that the concepts are at fairly ambitious and really creative. I'm almost more excited about the "themed train ride" then I was for the Forbidden Journey ride.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 am

^See, I read about that train ride and I don't really see anything new and ground breaking? The train ride and windows sound just like the Ocean Park one, and putting ticklers and spray nozzles, well, that's been done in every 4D movie since Honey I Bored the Audience!!!

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:19 am

^True, but the concept of linking the two separate parks together through a seamless transportation "experience" is pretty cool to me no matter what the theme is.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!