Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1423: Holidays at Universal Orlando media preview report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby missingmusician » Thu May 31, 2007 4:54 pm

uwgbdork wrote:When i First read about this the first thing that came to mind was : B&M Flying Coaster entitled Quiditch. There could be a lot done with that but then i realized that the dragons were already right there. It will be cool to start seeing some plans for this. Being a coasterdork and a Harry potter dork i am quite excited to see how this is all played out

Rumor has it B&M is building a flying coaster somewhere else in Orlando, due to open around the same time as the HP Island...

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Thu May 31, 2007 5:10 pm

So the facts. The Lost Continent is truly a special place in IOA since it's not based on a single movie theme, etc.

But the facts are that overall Universal is losing in attendance like crazy because of the many Disney "perks" that keep guests there instead of traveling to Universal.

So Universal needed something BIG and judging from one of the Disney message boards full of die-hard Mouse fanatics, its apparently working as I'm seeing a lot of them saying they've never been to Universal but want to book their vacation right now.

#1 Nintendo Fanboy!

Postby Disney Dood » Thu May 31, 2007 5:31 pm

What if there was a Gringott's Bank dark ride where it was being robbed by dark wizards and you were in those little wagons, so you went out and stopped them?

I Love Donkeys!

Postby TombraiderTy » Thu May 31, 2007 6:00 pm

^Although it would be an interesting attraction (interactive dark ride with a few sharp twists and turns, maybe wild mouse), Gringotts is only seriously mentioned in the first book. I mean, sure, it is mentioned in all the others, but not anywhere near as much. I think that they may be aiming for places and events that have happened in several books, like Hogsmead and the Forbidden Forrest.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Thu May 31, 2007 6:34 pm

The only thing I wanna know if they will incoporate this in HHN!!! :lmao: :br
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Thu May 31, 2007 6:40 pm

From what it sounds like, and some of the outlines the members have drawn (and based off of the concept art of the land over view) it looks like we won't be losing much of Lost Continent save Posidon. So I don't think we have to worry.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby AT0527 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:48 pm

Disney Dood wrote:What if there was a Gringott's Bank dark ride where it was being robbed by dark wizards and you were in those little wagons, so you went out and stopped them?

That would be awesome! Those little wagon things look fun. :br

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Zen Coaster » Thu May 31, 2007 7:57 pm

The experimental shops sound interesting too. I'm sure they could pull off a lot of illusions in them too.

Maybe take a leaf out of the Quidditch World Cup sequence of Goblet of Fire & have tents/buildings that use forced perspective on the INSIDE to seem much bigger.

Maybe we'll get to have butter beer :)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby swampfox » Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 pm

Now if only someone could secure the rights to a Lord of The ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings themed park and a Skull Island park (King Kong's island), I'd have it all pretty much.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby sixflagsguy5 » Thu May 31, 2007 9:00 pm

I think that this addition is the type that isn't necessarily too exciting for "coaster only" people, but will benefit the park a lot (kind of like wiggles world). I'm sure that it will turn out great with IOA's awesome designing crew.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!