Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1418: Halloween Horror Nights 28 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:51 pm

^ There is an article somewhere on here that talks about Annual Passholders knowing about how to get "extra" tracks. Something says there will be instructions for passholders and a track list for them. They would not go through this much work for nothing.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:02 pm

^So moral of the story, we just need a TPR member that is a passholder to get their hands on one of those lists and then we won't have to trial every single combination of 000-999?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Wathell » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Theres your 2009 Icon,

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 am

CTU Agent wrote:
Oh, and that Silver Screams facade is looking badass!

Did you see a picture of the actual house facade somewhere, or are you just talking about the animated one on the website?

Well, I am very excited now after the full website update. I can now see that the rumors of a Army of Darkness house came from the War of the Living Dead scarezone. There will technically be 7 scare zones, if you count the entrance to the park, where there will be roaming ushers similar to the Mirror People last year.

Can't wait to see how the website ties all these houses together!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:47 am

ernierocker wrote:
CTU Agent wrote:
Oh, and that Silver Screams facade is looking badass!

Did you see a picture of the actual house facade somewhere, or are you just talking about the animated one on the website?

The facade featured behind the usher, both here and on the official website, is the entrance to Silver Screams.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:05 am

I am an annual passholder, but I have not received this list yet. If one does come in the mail, I will be sure to post all about it.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby BFG » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:06 am

monsterfan99 wrote:^ There is an article somewhere on here that talks about Annual Passholders knowing about how to get "extra" tracks. Something says there will be instructions for passholders and a track list for them. They would not go through this much work for nothing.

Where is this article? because no they haven't and no they won't.

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:37 am

Im very excited for the event now, especially after watching the new promo video and interview with Roddy!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am

Yea, here's another annual passholder without this list. :?r

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dkaway » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:29 am

You know what would really be interesting to see is to see a comparison of the project management for Rockit vs Manta. Both coasters were announced around the same time (Rockit March 18, 2008 vs Manta April 2, 2008). The two coasters are only 5 miles apart, so weather would have affected construction equally.

So how did Sea World get Manta opened on schedule, maybe even a little early with a three week soft opening (and man I LOVED that soft opening, got to ride multiple times with very little wait). Compare that to Rockit and the troubles they are having. How much of this could be attributed to Manta being a copy of Tatsu and Rockit being a whole new endeavor?

During construction of Manta, we saw several people post behind the scenes videos and pictures of how things were going and got real information from the people at Sea World. Remember how much buzz that helped produce? Don’t recall getting that same level of access from Universal.

Just seems like if I’m a theme park anywhere thinking about spending millions on a new attraction, a study of how both of these projects were handled could give some great clues as to how to get it right and how to get it wrong.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!