Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1076: Loew's Royal Pacific convention space expanding
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:49 am

They're supposed to do that. I think I saw a discovery channel show that said the trains are weighed on the lift and then the speed is adjusted so that they meet exactly at the three duel points.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby MattC » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 pm

I haven't visited this topic for a while but on the most recent video the speed through the non-inverting loops looks much better than before. Can't wait to get over to the US to ride this.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ryno1986 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:03 pm

They've dueled pretty much every time I've been on them, except the two times my brother has visited from out of state.

Both times they simply dispatched each side whenever they wanted to, and the chains didn't adjust themselves, leaving us feeling ripped off (which unfortunately is becoming much more common with Universal).

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby chemical_echo » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Out of the times I was on the ride, it didn't duel once. When I got off, a supervisor was on the platform, so I explained that me and my friends were only there for a day from Canada and expected a dueling ride. He let us ride again.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:41 pm

I've been on Dueling Dragons dozens of times and can only think of one time it didn't duel. I guess I'm just lucky. ;)

Anyway, the possible new name doesn't really grab me. Oh well, at least it's only the name being replaced and not the ride.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Lol, Syd Vinyl our favorite legendary rockstar (in eastern Europe) and promoter of HRRR uploaded one of his "Number One" singles.

Lol, Lo and Behold. Love Musk.

YouTube Videolink

I'd love for it to be on the ride, lmao.

Rock 'n' RollerCoaster, well, rocks!

Postby RctInfinity » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:34 pm

^ On Facebook, Syd actually made a petition for it to play on Rockit. :lolr: 100 signatures are needed.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby King_K. » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Haha, signed, sealed and delivered.

Here's the direct link to the petition, help Syd's dream come true.

www.thepetitionsite.com/1/play-love-musk-on-hollywood-rip-ride-rockit

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby BBparks57 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:39 pm

I was at the park today, it tested all day long, which was nice to see. It ended up stopping right before cresting the lift, and got stuck there for a little bit. But when I checked back it was running, there were crew members out front telling guests information about the ride, but over and over again there responses were "no set date for an opening" But the day was overall fun, and I love watching HRRR run. Can't wait to see it with people on it. But I also noticed the mcbr's doing a little more trimming than before.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby jmicha » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:14 am

I've been to Universal Studios on five separate occasions (once a year) during slow parts of the season and can only think of a handful of times it didn't duel, all because something held one of the trains up in the station after they had sent the other. For example, a man would not put his camera away on Ice so they held the train and there were a few times where parents with children took exceptionally long while loading so they just sent the other train alone. As far as I know, it is extremely uncommon for the ride not to duel, so you must have just been having really bad luck that day. The ride loses so much of its dynamic nature when only one side is going, so it's unfortunate you didn't get to experience it in its true glory.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!