Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1418: Halloween Horror Nights 28 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby FeelTheFORCE » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:58 pm

coasterbill wrote:
CoasterAuditor wrote:It's not really a matter of screen based rides as I love Transformers, Spiderman, Curse of Darkastle, and I really enjoyed Gringotts, it just seems like USO is becoming saturated with screen based attractions.

Yeah, I get that. It just didn't bother us. I even went in with those complaints in the back of my head and it didn't bother us.

I think part of that is that we pretty much like everything and we're really not as critical as most, and I get the complaint and see how that could bother people but I really don't mind it at all. I think the vast majority of the rides at Universal are amazing (even the ones that generally get less enthusiastic reviews from the community).

For me, they lack the immersion that some of the older rides possessed. Being plopped down in front of a screen, shaken around a bit, and spritzed with water doesn't exactly get me as engaged as having a giant animatronic shark jumping out of the water from only a few feet away. I just expect more from a billion dollar theme park.
Total: 240 | Steel: 183 | Wooden: 57

Last Coaster Ridden: Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion on August 24, 2018.

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:17 am

I'd like to think of this ride as a "placeholder" for other bigger projects they'll be having at some point. What this looks like it fulfills is being a modern people-eater attraction with a similar ride system that's seen at their other park, Islands of Adventure, that almost anyone can enjoy (though that 40"-48" supervised height requirement is a little funky).
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Dombot » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:15 am

BlahBlahson wrote:In a revised Timeline, Diagon Alley already replaced San Francisco and Universal's HR buildings entirely, and Jaws still exists. Fast and Furious is just being completed in the space that Terminator occupied, which closed in 2015. The third Bill and Ted movie was announced early last year and the HHN show was never cancelled. Dragon Challenge had a limited period of non-dueling but has since been restored due to Universal's loose article policy. A 3rd gate with Super Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Dreamworks, Nick Jr, Classic Horror Monster, Game of Thrones, and Fantastic Beast properties has already been announced for opening in early 2021. Volcano Bay was actually built in the space between kidzone, men on black, and the back of the property near portofino and hard rock. You can use bus or water taxi transport to get there, or walk. Kong was built the same, I guess lol. But with more animatronics. :)

*sigh* I really wish this was reality. :(
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:13 pm

The Universal Orlando Resort has announced the next themed maze coming to Halloween Horror Nights this year... Dead Exposure: Patient Zero!

I'm excited to reveal the second haunted house coming to Halloween Horror Nights 2018. This fall, fear will infect you in a brand new house that lives within a world of a fan-favorite from our past: Dead Exposure: Patient Zero.

The original Dead Exposure house shook guests to their core. Easily one of the most terrifying houses we’ve ever had—you entered complete darkness with only bright flashes revealing the zombie horde surrounding you.

We’re bringing back that same terror. But this time, we’re dropping you in the middle of Paris in 1982. The city of lights has gone dark as chaos spreads, unchecked. Hordes of vicious, flesh-eating undead are swarming the streets.

Dead-Exposure-Patient-Zero-Skulls.jpg

The military is forcing those not affected into quarantine and a vaccination is being given. It’s the only chance to ward off the sickness but there are major side effects… blindness.

You’ll be lost in the darkness as the undead hunt you. An attack can come from anywhere. You don’t have to remember the original house, to understand this single truth: They will find you.

This is our first original house announced for this year’s event. We’ve got even more haunted houses and scare zones to announce for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. This year’s event will take place on select nights Sept. 14 through Nov. 3.

Bookmark the blog for updates and click here to grab the special Flex Ticket offer that gives you an extra free night of scares. You may want to hurry though, as this offer is only available until June 6.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:54 pm

I'm just gonna place this here....
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby KarlaKoaster » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Seddy wrote:I'm just gonna place this here....

OK...? Not sure if you mean this will be the new Harry Potter coaster, you're not giving us much to go on. If you do, then you're wrong I'm afraid as none of the supports on site match up with this. It's more likely to be an Intamin swing launch coaster as there is a spike and the supports are obviously not for inverted track.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Seddy » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:24 pm

^I was told by a pretty reliable source that the coaster replacing the Dragons was going to be this type of coaster. I made sure to ask him for the manufacturer and coaster type just to be sure. He says they are making the official announcement on Memorial Day so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he's as reliable as I believe that he is. I just received this 'leak' maybe an hour ago.
Former SFOG Employee (2005-2006). Former GASM Op(2005). Former Thunder River Op(2006).
Favorite Woodie - El Toro --- Favorite Steel - Dèja Vu (Long live the GIB)
SFOG Ambassador - Per My Mother. (Lol)

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:48 pm

^There's already pictures of supports and track in place, it's not an invert. :|

Postby KarlaKoaster » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:01 am

Seddy wrote:^I was told by a pretty reliable source that the coaster replacing the Dragons was going to be this type of coaster. I made sure to ask him for the manufacturer and coaster type just to be sure. He says they are making the official announcement on Memorial Day so I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he's as reliable as I believe that he is. I just received this 'leak' maybe an hour ago.

We don't even need to wait to see if he's reliable :lmao:

The coaster is already appearing in plain sight and it is not a Mack inverted coaster. I would rather believe my own eyes than an unreliable anonymous source repeating a months-old rumour. Sorry!
orlandoparkstop.jpg
Image: Orlando Park Stop
themeparkcrazy.png
Image: Theme Park Crazy

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:31 am

Seddy wrote:I'm just gonna place this here....

Please don't come into our forums and make insanely stupid posts. Thanks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!