Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1423: Holidays at Universal Orlando media preview report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkey eat mullet pump.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 am

coasterbill wrote:I've heard the complaints about screens and it's a legitimate complaint but they never really bothered me. I thought Kong was awesome, I'm sure I'll love this too. I don't care about the franchise at all but that rarely matters at Universal. I don't know anything about King Kong or Transformers either and I liked those rides.

It's not really a matter of screen based rides as I love Transformers, Spiderman, Curse of Darkastle, and I really enjoyed Gringotts, it just seems like USO is becoming saturated with screen based attractions. It will never actually stop me from going to the parks in the future especially once nintendo stuff starts showing up. I am bitter they took out Dragon Challenge because I think amazing intense B&M Inverts should exist as long as possible damn it! Also I need to really go and experience the other great Florida parks because as of right now Universal is the only two parks I have been to in Florida (except a weird freak visit to Typhoon Lagoon when i was 7 years old).
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:15 am

Are the drivers real people?
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:19 am

CoasterAuditor wrote:It's not really a matter of screen based rides as I love Transformers, Spiderman, Curse of Darkastle, and I really enjoyed Gringotts, it just seems like USO is becoming saturated with screen based attractions.

Yeah, I get that. It just didn't bother us. I even went in with those complaints in the back of my head and it didn't bother us.

I think part of that is that we pretty much like everything and we're really not as critical as most, and I get the complaint and see how that could bother people but I really don't mind it at all. I think the vast majority of the rides at Universal are amazing (even the ones that generally get less enthusiastic reviews from the community).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:21 am

I just saw a video of the ride online and it seems like this "fits" the technology better than Kong does. Yeah it's screen based but it looks like it pulls off the continuous motion style car chase effect pretty well, for whatever that's worth.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 am

coasterbill wrote:
CoasterAuditor wrote:It's not really a matter of screen based rides as I love Transformers, Spiderman, Curse of Darkastle, and I really enjoyed Gringotts, it just seems like USO is becoming saturated with screen based attractions.

Yeah, I get that. It just didn't bother us. I even went in with those complaints in the back of my head and it didn't bother us.

I think part of that is that we pretty much like everything and we're really not as critical as most, and I get the complaint and see how that could bother people but I really don't mind it at all. I think the vast majority of the rides at Universal are amazing (even the ones that generally get less enthusiastic reviews from the community).

I think honestly at the end of the day whenever I go to the park I won't care I'll just have fun as I typically try to do at parks.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:09 am

SharkTums wrote:Let me know when they open the Pokemon area. :?r

Along with Brewster’s Roost Cafe.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:10 pm

Fast and Furious seems like a simulated-fun experience I'll skip on most visits, but I'm glad to see live-acted elements in the vein of Kong queue, Disaster, and T2. That's definitely something that is in alignment with Universal's history.

In a revised Timeline, Diagon Alley already replaced San Francisco and Universal's HR buildings entirely, and Jaws still exists. Fast and Furious is just being completed in the space that Terminator occupied, which closed in 2015. The third Bill and Ted movie was announced early last year and the HHN show was never cancelled. Dragon Challenge had a limited period of non-dueling but has since been restored due to Universal's loose article policy. A 3rd gate with Super Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Dreamworks, Nick Jr, Classic Horror Monster, Game of Thrones, and Fantastic Beast properties has already been announced for opening in early 2021. Volcano Bay was actually built in the space between kidzone, men on black, and the back of the property near portofino and hard rock. You can use bus or water taxi transport to get there, or walk. Kong was built the same, I guess lol. But with more animatronics. :)
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby necoastergp » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm

They aren't actors, they are actually attractions TMs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Deputy Dong

Postby AGKoolAid » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Based on a video i watched, virtually the same as Hollywoods tram portion. They didnt even bother to alter the parking garage at the start (has the Jurassic Parking parking indicators, which makes sense in Hollywood since its literally right next to that garage).

It looks like the same "plussing" that Skull Island did to King Kong 360. Small bonus at the start, same portion as tram, then small exit.

Of course, not being there i cant make a definitive decision, but looks meh to me.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby prospekt88 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:04 am

Seems like a nice filler attraction. Twister and Disaster had run their course, so at least next time I'm back there'll be a couple more new things to do. Although these type of attractions won't be the reason I eventually go back.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!