Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1388 - Halloween Horror Nights 27 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainCrush » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:44 pm

Jew wrote:Asylum's became this years "lets be offended" thing during halloween, so Cedar Fair and Six Flags dropped that theme throughout their parks.

People are way too easily offended. I'm a girl, and most haunted houses have looots of violence against women but you don't see me complaining? You don't see country folks getting offended by cannibalistic redneck haunted houses! Geez louise, let people do their thing!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AUWent » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:58 pm

As much as I loved the all-original content when I went to 2006 and 8, as well as the websites from 2004-9, here's my problem with the "HHN SUX NOW" sentiment: even during the event's "golden age," I remember reading relentlessly negative reviews from places like HHNVault. For as beloved an event story as it is now, people HATED 2005 when it happened--really, I remember every year from '04-07 getting a lot of complaints.

From my experience, the overall house quality is WAY better than it was in 2006 (three good houses, four crap ones), maybe a little better than '08 (which still wins hands down for stories, of course). Dead Man's Wharf, while not quite as good as Asylum in Wonderland and Skoolhouse from '08, still would've been a strong zone in those years. While I didn't go to '07, this year seems pretty comparable--certainly the streets in 26 are better, since there weren't any scarezones that year.

I don't mean to sugarcoat anything--I certainly don't like the marketing this year compared to the other two years I went--but I'm reminded of Robb's response in the Epcot thread about people just looking for things to complain about.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:48 am

Some last minute questions before/if I visit HHN Friday night. Keep in mind I intend to stick to rides/shows/scarezones instead of conga-lining through the mazes and that I have no idea how long I will be at the park:

-What attractions have single-rider lines? How long should I expect to wait for the non-single rider rides?
-What are the loose article/fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policies? I plan to just have my wallet, phone, keys, maybe a beanie, and my glasses (maybe my case depending on the policies) shoved into cargo pockets.
-Best place to get Butterbeer? Cost?
-Cost of the blinky cup specialty drinks? Which is better?
-Best times to visit the non-IP houses/Walking Dead?

EDIT: -Also, how likely is it to get Chance's autograph if I bring a Sharpie and a napkin?
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:13 pm

-Rockit will have single rider but it will be packed as is the ride. Rockit is always a madhouse after 30 minutes have passed into HHN. Mummy/Gringotts should have one that is not very long and MIB/Transformers don't get busy but they might have one. Simpsons doesn't, it will be busier in the middle of the night.

-Everything has to come out for Rockit and go in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo. Other rides you should just be able to hide it in cargo pockets.
-Butterbeer ice cream is the best. There are three locations that sell the regular/hot/frozen versions about 5 dollars.
-The Blinky cup is like 4-6 dollars extra I think. The combined version of the drink is pretty good.

-AHS is the busiest house and TWD is probably second. Go early, get to the front of the gate before open, then go right at the start of the event, go directly to Krampus, then Halloween, then Tomb of the Ancients then Chainsaw Massacre, then Chance (minimal stopping) and you will be right next to MIB/BIll and Ted/Harry potter at the point where it starts getting busy. Or do Rockit very first thing if you want to skip any of those houses. Should be able to hit them all in 1.5 hours. Do Walking dead and Ghost town around the last hour of the event and get in line for AHS right before the park closes and DON'T worry about how long it claims the line is (should be under 35 minutes real time after park close). The only house you would miss would be exorcist if you did that plan, with about 4 hours in the middle to see shows and ride things.

My top 3 houses this year would be Horror Story, Tomb of Ancients and Ghost Town, then Halloween and TWD tied.

-Chance does meet guests in her scarezone, don't know about Autographs. B&T sometimes do at audience right just after the show.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:58 am

Universal Orlando has sent us a press release announcing that Halloween Horror Nights 2016 has been extended for two additional nights!

Universal Orlando is giving guests more nights to experience Halloween Horror Nights 26 than ever before. The nation’s best Halloween event has been extended to include two additional nights – Friday, November 4 and Saturday, November 5. The Repository – an experience that takes interactive horror to the next level with virtual reality, live actors and more – is also included in this extension as an upgrade to event admission.

Now, guests will have even more nights to experience the highest-rated event in Halloween Horror Nights history. Guests won’t stand a chance as they:
  • Come face-to-face with Chance, the twisted icon of this year’s event
  • Fight to survive nine disturbingly-real haunted houses based on some of the most popular names in entertainment and horrifying original stories
  • Explore five terrifying scare zones filled with live scareactors
  • Enjoy two electrifying live shows
Tickets are on sale now for these two additional event nights. Halloween Horror Nights event tickets start at $59.99 for Friday, Nov. 4 and $66.99 for Saturday, Nov. 5. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/Orlando.

Halloween Horror Nights is the ultimate Halloween event, spanning both coasts at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood. For more than 20 years, guests from around the world have visited Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando and Hollywood to become victims inside their own horror film as they encounter movie-quality haunted houses, hundreds of menacing “scareactors” and outrageous live shows.
thumb_04_chance.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:21 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby nynehalem » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:10 am

I don't believe anyone has posted this yet (I searched and didn't see it). It appears that Volcano Bay has been added to the resort map online with a pretty good layout of the actual park.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/PrintableMapsUOR_8.16.16_tcm13-58140.pdf

Most of what we already knew from the construction updates, but it looks like there's going to be some very long lazy river(s).
Also- disappointingly, not a lot of stuff for younger guests by the looks of it.
Last edited by nynehalem on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:46 pm.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:58 am

^Looks like it was an oops on their part and pulled. Link didn't work for me.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:26 am

I believe the intent of the long lazy rivers is to keep people busy instead of waiting in actual lines for slides. Universal has already gone on record saying Volcano Bay "will redefine the queue experience so visitors can focus entirely on having fun and spending time together."

I Love Donkeys!

Postby nynehalem » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:03 pm

Ok- I think I got a screenshot of the pdf map with the park map portion.
Volcano Bay screenshot.png

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Thanks for that. I know it is just a rendering of what it may look like, and I am not usually a big fan of water parks, but this on has me excited. (plus it's close to home)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!