Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1388 - Halloween Horror Nights 27 Media Event TR!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby Themonerd » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Not going to hhn, but I always wondered about the safe zones in the park.(shops, resteraunts, etc) Are there any this year or any year in that matter?
Last edited by Themonerd on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:00 pm.
If it has :airtime: count me in!
I've created 3 locked threads. I should start using that search function.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby adeuce02 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:17 pm

Themonerd wrote:Not going to hhn, but I always wondered about the safe zones in the park. Are there any this year or any year in that matter?

Diagon Alley is open during the event. No scares in there

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:59 am

As someone who has faithfully watched AHS, I think that maze looked awesome and I wish I could experience it this year! I thought it was a nice touch to include some of the lines and voices of characters from the show (like the maid from Hotel, and of course... Dandy!)

Bummer to hear about the crowds. I've only been to USH HHN last year, not sure how it compares crowd-wise. We had someone with a disability pass so we were able to skip the lines, which helped a lot. Not sure if the crowds are better or we are just more easily scared, but we definitely got our share of scares in! We went on like a Thursday in early October, so that might help as well? I can't imagine how bad Halloween night can get, or the Saturday just before.
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Even thought I had express, when I went last Thursday the highest wait time I saw posted was 100. I even waited in the regular lines for Halloween, Tomb of the ancients, and Exorist because they were only posted at 25 min.

I am sure it will get worse as it gets closer to Halloween. I highly recommend taking advantage of one of the in-park holding areas if you have an HHN ticket so you can have first crack at a maze queue line when the event opens.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:07 am

Just in...
Screenshot_20161006-110404.png
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Invertalon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:35 am

Just got back from our HHN trip on Monday after spending (4) nights at HHN. We had express for each night, so we were able to reach about 38 "laps" thru the houses. Our final count:

Chance: 1
Horror Story: 8
Texas Chainsaw: 5
Halloween: 5
Ancients: 3
Krampus: 6
Exorcist: 5
TWD: 2
Ghost: 3

As you can see, there is quite a difference between the good and bad houses. Chance was atrocious, didn't even waste our time going more than once (even with express). TWD was pretty bad as well, simply because it's just so old and overdone at this point... Nothing new, just all rehashed stuff from the past years. My survey asked about TWD for next year again, so OMG... Please stop Universal... Just NO!

As a big fan of AHS, the house was just awesome. The characters looked incredible, it was a really good house. I don't really get scared in houses, typically because I am so tall I see over everyone and can see the upcoming scares, but they are still fun just to see.

Krampus was tied for #1 spot with me with AHS... I wish there was more Krampus action, some more animatronics or puppets or something like Hollywood's, but otherwise still real good. Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw were also really good. Many of the houses required at least 3 or 4 laps to really see everything or get the good cast or timing of everything. Could never judge a house with only one or two laps (except Chance house, it was that bad... No potential there).

Zones were OK, wish they would do more with them. The chance midway was extremely lame, as expected. Terrible icon, too... Anyway...

Bill and Ted was ok, not my favorite year. The midway show was pretty awesome though, near Transformers at the end of the main midway (forget the name...). Worthwhile show to see.

Overall, it was a solid HHN. Hope next year TWD is finally retired and the rumors of a second AHS house are true (the other three seasons not done this year). We can only hope!
-Steve

Postby CaptainUnknown » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Invertalon wrote:Hope next year TWD is finally retired and the rumors of a second AHS house are true (the other three seasons not done this year). We can only hope!

I don't know if they'd do season 2 of AHS...
#Knotts #FearVR #Asylumhauntsaresoooooinsensitve
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:15 pm

^^I got to take the same survey for HHN and you know it's gotten bad when the they literally ask if you would like the event BETTER if TWD was not a part of it at all.

My problem is not just that the Walking Dead is rehashed, but that it's been the worst house at the event 3 of the 5 years, and this year (while not at the bottom) it's just a greatest hits collection of previous TWD houses. It's never been the best thing at the event or something that really makes the event better.

Oh an Bill and Ted really needs to tighten up script-wise. It's very fun and the costumes are great, but it's two years in a row that the script has LONG sections where none of the jokes work show after show. I wish that they could modify it after the first few showings to see what works and what doesn't.

Otherwise the AHS house is just beautiful and almost all of the other houses this year are really top-notch. The Dance show is really good too.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Postby Invertalon » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:35 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:
Invertalon wrote:Hope next year TWD is finally retired and the rumors of a second AHS house are true (the other three seasons not done this year). We can only hope!

I don't know if they'd do season 2 of AHS...
#Knotts #FearVR #Asylumhauntsaresoooooinsensitve

Why not? They are currently on season 5 of TWD... Anything is possible. At least AHS each season is drastically different and makes for a new house experience... Unlike TWD where each house is the same damn thing, year after year.

They focused on 3 of the 6 seasons with this house, they could easily do the other three next year. It makes sense... I also heard Scream Queens was a possibility for next year.

Supposedly, Purge was supposed to be the main zone again this year but due to the shootings in Orlando it was changed last minute.
-Steve

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:58 pm

Asylum's became this years "lets be offended" thing during halloween, so Cedar Fair and Six Flags dropped that theme throughout their parks.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!