Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1305 - Jimmy Fallon Ride Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
He's kind of sad and pathetic

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby BarryH » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I'll post it here.

I was kinda hoping that Universal would do a Deadpool themed house.

They can sell chimichongas at a nearby food stand then.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:43 pm

https://blog.universalorlando.com/whats-new/hhn26-virtual-reality-experience/

The-Repository_FM-1170x731.jpg

I am ecstatic to announce a cutting-edge, terrifying virtual reality experience is coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights. “The Repository” seamlessly blends custom virtual reality technology with immersive real-life storytelling bringing guests into the next dimension of horror experiences.

This is one of the most electrifying Halloween Horror Nights’ project I’ve ever worked on - primarily because it is the culmination of 8 years of experimental story-telling, drawing on feedback from our vast HHN audience to learn what thrills and chills them the most.

Throughout this heart-pounding, psychological journey, guests’ most personal and intimate fears will be tested as they encounter real-life characters in highly themed physical environments, while working together in teams of four to uncover a paranormal mystery told through the use of the cutting-edge technology.

All of this is set in a centuries old warehouse where paranormal and supernatural artifacts have been collected and stored for hundreds of years. Recently though, the secretive organization behind this practice has installed state-of-the-art technology that allows spectral transportation into paranormal realms.

Until now, the supernatural has infiltrated our world on occasions labeled “hauntings.” Now, and for the first time ever, we will send you across the SDP (spectral dark portal) directly into those terrifying environments. I wish you a safe journey because what happens to you on the other side is irreversible.

“The Repository” can be purchased as an upgrade from your Halloween Horror Nights admission for $49.99 plus tax. It will be available to guests during all Halloween Horror Nights events, beginning Sept. 29 and running through Oct. 31.

Universal Orlando Annual Passholders can purchase tickets beginning August 16. Check the Universal Orlando Annual Passholder Facebook page for details. Tickets for the general public will be on sale beginning August 23. Halloween Horror Nights admission is required.

Get ready for The Repository, because the door will soon be open to a mind-blowing paranormal experience like no other.

More details and booking information coming soon, check back on August 23!
The-Repository_Logo.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:23 pm

coasterbill wrote:Can we all just take a minute to appreciate the Universal Orlando twitter page?

:lmao: :lmao:

Yass!!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:00 pm

Not sure how I feel about a $50 uncharge for VR...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Jew wrote:Not sure how I feel about a $50 uncharge for VR...

I'm not sure I'd want to pay an extra 50 bucks to look like an alien from Lost in Space.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:55 am

The Yeti wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:I'll post it here.

I was kinda hoping that Universal would do a Deadpool themed house.

You may want to try the Universal Studios Hollywood thread instead.

Except they don't own the rights to Marvel west of the Mississippi. I figured Deadpool could be their horror/comedy house and it was the highest-earning R-Rated movie.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:20 am

As much as I like the idea, I have no intention of spending 50 bucks on a VR add-on, the tickets are expensive enough. :| Still excited for this year's event tho! :)
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 am

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Universal has been hit with a lawsuit over CityWalk's brand new Toothsome Chocolate Emporium restaurant, which replaced NBA City.

Universal is approaching a soft opening for the new landmark eatery in its CityWalk area, called The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen.

But Ohio resident Adam Limle alleges that the concept for the restaurant was actually his, and that he met with Universal executives for months to explain his concept.

Limle registered a trademark for The Chocolate Factory in 2014, and started a company that sells chocolates online called The Chocolate Factory LLC.

According to the lawsuit, “Universal….and TCF were entering into a confidential business relationship together… Universal secretly hatched a plan to develop and exploit” The Chocolate Factory concept.

Limle said he got the idea for The Chocolate Factory in 2003, when his nine-year-old daughter drew a picture of one, for a Christmas artwork depicting the North Pole. He claims in the lawsuit that he first pitched the idea to Universal in 2008.

A spokesman for Universal said only that the company does not comment on litigation.

An attorney for Limle, David Oliver, noted when Universal changed the name of its project, in May this year, to use the word Emporium instead of Factory. According to him, “Their trademark lawyers made them change the name in anticipation of this lawsuit.”

Click for the entire article

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:13 am

Welp, that sucks... any further info? :?r
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:49 am

TheCoasterKid211 wrote:Welp, that sucks... any further info? :?r

The lawsuit looks like it doesn't have much merit and the guy making it apparently has litigated against Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and Cheesecake Factory in the past. My guess is that he's hoping to use the suit to obtain a settlement and get some cash. Here's him asking Anon for help a few months back:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:xQwLuhrJckUJ:https://www.facebook.com/ArmyAnonymous/posts/648449135311036+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!