Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1326: Race Through New York Grand Opening Event!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:10 pm

All these 3D screen based attractions, I'm surprised Universal has yet to jump on the VR bandwagon.

cparkes92 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:I wouldn't consider Hogwarts Express to be a true screen-based ride

What are you talking about??? The ride is almost entirely based on the screen that you watch. They literally put you in a room to sit down and watch a TV screen and the ONLY THING to look at in the room is the TV screen! Considering that it's probably one of the most ridden, most popular, not to mention longest attractions in the park, I would absolutely consider it a "screen based attraction."

I have ridden it several times. However, no 3D glasses necessary!

So that makes it a 2D screen-based attraction.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:16 pm

cparkes92 wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
cparkes92 wrote:I wouldn't consider Hogwarts Express to be a true screen-based ride

What are you talking about??? The ride is almost entirely based on the screen that you watch. Have you ridden it? They literally put you in a room to sit down and watch a TV screen and the ONLY THING to look at in the room is the TV screen! Considering that it's probably one of the most ridden, most popular, not to mention longest attractions in the park, I would absolutely consider it a "screen based attraction."

I have ridden it. Several times in fact! However, no 3D glasses necessary!

You don't need 3D glasses on Simpsons or Forbidden Journey either so by your nonsensical logic do you not count those as screen based rides either???
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Garet » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:15 am

Lotte World also has 12-13 screen/VR based rides now but at least they have the excuse they have to fit most of them onto what are essentially shopping mall floors.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby cookiex » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:All these 3D screen based attractions, I'm surprised Universal has yet to jump on the VR bandwagon.

Likely because they haven't found a way to work around the logistical/capacity nightmare VR brings.
| Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken | Battlestar Galactica (Cylon) |

Coaster count: 81

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:56 am

cookiex wrote:
CaptainUnknown wrote:All these 3D screen based attractions, I'm surprised Universal has yet to jump on the VR bandwagon.

Likely because they haven't found a way to work around the logistical/capacity nightmare VR brings.

I think they had a VR-based maze during Halloween Horror Nights last year.
Last edited by cfc on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:59 am.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Coastin Eric » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:53 am

Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the jimmy fallon talk, but I'm headed to the parks tomorrow and I've heard some pretty bad things about the metal detectors for rides. I usually just put my phone and wallet in my button pocket, do they let you do this, or do you have to use some sort of system for storing them?

Thanks for anything you can help me with!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby PVA62 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:19 am

Coastin Eric wrote:Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the jimmy fallon talk, but I'm headed to the parks tomorrow and I've heard some pretty bad things about the metal detectors for rides. I usually just put my phone and wallet in my button pocket, do they let you do this, or do you have to use some sort of system for storing them?

You have to put everything in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo on the roller coasters...it sucks...
There will be fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo near the entrance to the rides, but it's usually a clusterf---, especially by dragon challenge.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Coastin Eric » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:55 am

PVA62 wrote:
Coastin Eric wrote:Hey guys, sorry to interrupt the jimmy fallon talk, but I'm headed to the parks tomorrow and I've heard some pretty bad things about the metal detectors for rides. I usually just put my phone and wallet in my button pocket, do they let you do this, or do you have to use some sort of system for storing them?

You have to put everything in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo on the roller coasters...it sucks...
There will be fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo near the entrance to the rides, but it's usually a clusterf---, especially by dragon challenge.

That's what I was afraid of...are they free? I doubt it

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby coastermaniac » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:21 am

The parks are starting to pick up as it's getting into a peak season. Nonetheless, we still had a great time.

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:32 am

Coastin Eric wrote:
PVA62 wrote:

That's what I was afraid of...are they free? I doubt it

They're free for the first hour, then I believe it's $3.00 for every 30 minutes past that.
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!