Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1305 - Jimmy Fallon Ride Sneak Preview!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkey eat mullet pump.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby JRice92 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:04 pm

I think all these concepts look great. I'm really fond of the Mine Cart one, I think a Donkey Kong mine cart ride would be a ton of fun!
2015 Ride Host - Millennium Force
2016 Team Leader - Millennium Force
2017 Ride Supervisor - Valravn

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:38 pm

SharkTums wrote:I'll take either of these over another screen based, glasses wearing, water spraying attraction!

This!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:15 pm

Just found this announcement...

Universal has announced that its Superstar Parade will be gaining two new floats in just a few days featuring characters from The Secret Life of Pets, which was just released on DVD. These new floats will feature Leonard, Gidget, Chloe, and more talking and interacting with parade viewers.
The-Secret-Life-of-Pets-Joins-Universals-Superstar-Parade-1170x731-600x375.jpg
It looks great! (o;
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby ZambeziZinger » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Both parks hit capacity today. 40K in both. It was crowded but the way my group navigated the parks we still got a lot done.

Side note, I really enjoy the new Kong ride. It's a nice 1-2 punch for Islands of Adventure. It's about on par with Gringotts in my book.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Interesting that both parks hit capacity but none of the Disney parks haven't yet.

On a side note, is anyone going to wet n wild tomorrow for their last day?
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: EL Toro
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 58 Wood: 12
Total: 70 Parks: 13

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby wbprecision » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Recently went to Universal Studios last Friday Dec. 30th, I figured I'd post a quick trip review. It was just my wife and I, it was her first time to Universal in like 15 years but I have been to both parks a couple times recently. My wife is a huge harry potter fan and since we only had one day in Orlando we decided to buy the park to park pass and make Harry Potter the top priority of our visit. We got to the park at 10:00AM, it was a pretty cold day but given the time of the year it was still very crowded. We started by going straight to Diagon Alley, we easily spent the first couple hours of the day just checking out the different stores and areas of Diagon Alley, the level of detail is incredible, and we really enjoyed the mini Ollivanders wand show. Escape from Gringotts was closed all morning but as soon as we got out of Ollivanders we noticed they had just opened it, so we were fortunate to get a short wait of about 45 minutes (It was a 150 minute wait the rest of the day). We really enjoyed the ride and then grabbed lunch at the Leaky Cauldron, the food was great, especially the butterbeer and pumpkin juice! We waited about an hour for the Hogwarts Express and then made our way to Hogsmeade. The train ride is really neat, and the cars are just like they are in the movies, I think it was a great idea to connecting the two parks in this way, and judging by the lines they are making a lot of $$$ from Park to Park tickets. We did not enjoy Hogsmeade as much as Diagon Alley, it was just too congested and the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo situation for Dragon Challenge and Forbidden Journey was a complete mess. Not only do you have hundreds of fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo in a tiny space, they were full most of the time, and so you would have a ton of people crowding around the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo waiting for one to open up. You can tell that when designing Hogsmeade they did not ever expect these levels of crowds, hopefully they can expand the area soon and redesign the fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo areas, we did not run into any of these issues in Diagon Alley. We then went to check out the renovated Incredible Hulk, loved the new ride entrance sign and station. It is one of my favorite rides in the park, and it feels much smoother now and the launch was amazing as always. After that we checked out the new King Kong ride, the theme of the queue/ride was very well done, and overall the ride was fun. The huge vehicles and screens on both sides make it different from the other 3-D Screen rides at Universal. We made our way back to the Hogwarts Express and then ran to Escape from Gringotts for one last ride with no wait right before park close. Overall we had a great day, I wish we could have made it to more of the non-Potter rides, but we made it to as much as possible with how crowded it was. Hopefully will be back soon!

Escape from Gringotts x 2
Hogwarts Express x 2
Dragon Challenge Chinese Fireball x 1
Dragon Challenge Hungarian Horntail x 1
Forbidden Journey x 1
Incredible Hulk x 1
Skull Island - Reign of Kong x 1

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby CrazedZooChimp » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Thought you guys might be interested in this in case you hadn't seen it. One of the other writers over at Coaster101 did a break down of how the boom coaster works (based on the patent) including some of the physics and CAD simulations. And he does compare it to the "cantilevered" coaster from like a million years ago :lmao:

www.coaster101.com/2017/01/04/boom-coaster-vs-cantilevered-coaster/

Read stuff I write (mostly about NorCal happenings) over at Coaster101!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:30 pm

There was an update to the worker who was found dead in the Men in Black attraction back in November. He was electrocuted. OSHA is now looking into the accident to try and figure out how and why this happened.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby stricklandCC » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:17 am

All of those new concepts look really cool! What are the crowds like this week at the parks?

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:50 am

SharkTums wrote:There was an update to the worker who was found dead in the Men in Black attraction back in November. He was electrocuted. OSHA is now looking into the accident to try and figure out how and why this happened.

Perhaps it was . . .

Or not.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!