Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1415: The Horrors of Blumhouse coming to HHN!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Mmmmmmm! I am sad I am not going this year.

:cry: Boo Hoo! :cry:

Papas

Postby Papas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:22 pm

You know what would really be interesting to see is to see a comparison of the project management for Rockit vs Manta. Both coasters were announced around the same time (Rockit March 18, 2008 vs Manta April 2, 2008). The two coasters are only 5 miles apart, so weather would have affected construction equally.

Well the rumor is [which may or may not be true] that Universal wanted Rockit to be a B&M and B&M was busy with other projects so they went with Maurer This would make sense seeing as the Universal Japan coaster accomplised everything Rockit wanted but seems to fail at: high capacity, reliability, onride music, etc. So while they were announced at the same time, I would assume Sea World made the phone call to B&M first =P

I do have to cut Universal some slack though, with that thing cycling all summer trying to get those loading platforms to work right etc at some point you just gotta open the ride.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Fenderbabi14 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

OMGOMGOMG IM SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!! :b :b

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:55 pm

Excellent--I'm especially curious to see what they've done with the classic Frankenstein and Dracula.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby sam06pr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:09 pm

KrakenKing wrote:Before getting Diary of Jane for a hidden track, one of the employees I talked to (Some girl, forgot her name) asked if I had ridden the ride before. I said yes and mentioned I was discovering the hidden tracks.

She asked which ones I got, and I said only Stockholm Syndrome. She then preceded to ask which number I was going to pick, and I said 124. "Oh, I know which one that is!" she said and asked if I listened to rock music and the local radio station, 101.1 WJRR, I said yes, and she said "Then you'll know it".

After that I asked if there was a list of the hidden bonus tracks that the staff gets to look at. She said that there is bonus track listing and that they had it out for the employees for only half a day before the managers removed it telling the staff "We want you to find them on your own and it be a surprise".

When the train pulled back in the station she asked me "So, how was your ride listening to Diary of Jane?" which leads me to believe that she knows more of the hidden tracks, which I will ask her about next time I go.

So yes, there is a list floating around somewhere at Universal. Now, if only someone could be the mole and get their hands on it ;)

Gosh, I think this is Universal's way of saying "come back and visit us again to find out the tracks" I guess is a smart thing

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Papas wrote:
You know what would really be interesting to see is to see a comparison of the project management for Rockit vs Manta. Both coasters were announced around the same time (Rockit March 18, 2008 vs Manta April 2, 2008). The two coasters are only 5 miles apart, so weather would have affected construction equally.

Well the rumor is [which may or may not be true] that Universal wanted Rockit to be a B&M and B&M was busy with other projects so they went with Maurer This would make sense seeing as the Universal Japan coaster accomplised everything Rockit wanted but seems to fail at: high capacity, reliability, onride music, etc. So while they were announced at the same time, I would assume Sea World made the phone call to B&M first =P

I do have to cut Universal some slack though, with that thing cycling all summer trying to get those loading platforms to work right etc at some point you just gotta open the ride.

I hate getting in to rumor and urban legend discussions but..... perhaps it also had something to do with Busch's relationship with B&M. That may have swayed things in certain directions for multiple reasons.

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby HatetoFLY » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:48 pm

^ I don't want to fuel rumors either but one possibility could be that BGT may already have the rights to a B&M hypercoaster set to open with the next two to three years and Universal would not be able to build a ride of that design for years to come. I mean isn't there a contract where you can't build the same ride type within so much time and within so many miles. If that's the case going with another manufacturer makes sense. What I can't understand is why Florida is Intamin less, that's what we should be discussing here. :shockr:
www.coastercounter.com/hatetofly
Q...Q is for Quan....Quan is for Quandry

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:56 pm

What I can't understand is why Florida is Intamin less, that's what we should be discussing here

I couldn't agree more. Though if I have to settle for B&M hyper at BGT, I won't be totally disappointed. ;)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby coasterfan21 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:06 pm

HatetoFLY wrote:What I can't understand is why Florida is Intamin less, that's what we should be discussing here. :shockr:

Good point I never realized that until now. Well Busch Parks have the B&M Coasters, and Disney (with the exception of Primeval Whirl) have been Vekoma or Disney Coasters. Just imagine if HRRR had been an Intamin. (without their stupid height maximum of course) :br
Still, the ride looks amazing anyways.

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby HatetoFLY » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

I think this has already been mentioned but now I guess its safe to say that Silver Screams will be in the parade building (Scary Tales last year). I am definitely more excited to see what they do with the classic monster vs saw or chucky. I think its gonna be another awesome year. Now if we can just get that damn Rockit figured out!
www.coastercounter.com/hatetofly
Q...Q is for Quan....Quan is for Quandry

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!