Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1399: Holidays at Universal Media Event Photo Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby drummermattk » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:17 am

Top 5: 1.Fury 325 2.Maverick 3.Lightning Rod 4.Voyage 5.I305
I've visited: 19 Parks,Rode 81 Steel Coasters,33 Wooden Coasters,which is a total of 114 credits
check out CoasterMatt Productions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCEIBVYHqjtsfqAHCCO0mzQ/videos

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:16 am

The Universal Orlando Resort has sent us a press release announcing details for the return of "A Celebration of Harry Potter!

Today, Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. announced the return of “A Celebration of Harry Potter,” on January 26-28, 2018. This ultimate fan event can only be experienced at Universal Orlando Resort and will feature an array of interactive and engaging experiences that will allow guests to celebrate their love for the stories from J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World.

For the first time in event history, Stanislav Yanevski (Viktor Krum) will attend the special event and participate in festivities throughout the weekend, alongside returning fan-favorites James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley). More talent will be announced at a later date.

During the 3-day celebration, guests will also have the opportunity to:

• Attend Q&A sessions with select film talent (complete talent lineup will be announced at a later date)
  • Experience and participate in the interactive and unique activities and displays from J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World at the Harry Potter Expo
  • Enjoy special panels and demonstrations giving fans a close look ‘Behind-the-Scenes’
  • Visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley at Universal Studios Florida. Plus, ride the Hogwarts Express between the two lands with a park-to-park ticket
  • And much more!
Celebration vacation packages are on sale now. On-site hotel packages start at $285 per adult per night, including tax, and include exclusive benefits such as special guest access to the Harry Potter Expo, admission to a private evening reception in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, special access to panels and demonstrations and special access to new Workshops – more details coming soon.

Packages also include three-night hotel accommodations at a Universal Orlando on-site hotel and three-day two-park, park-to-park tickets to Universal Studios Florida AND Universal’s Islands of Adventure. This package also includes special rates and benefits for Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. Packages are available on a first come, first served basis. For complete details and other packages available, click here.
A Celebration of Harry Potter Returns Jan 26 - 28.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:17 am

A new video has been released for Universal Orlando's upcoming Fast & The Furious ride:

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby djcoastermark » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Um, okay. Another ride simulator. Moving on now.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby lord denning » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:28 pm

robbalvey wrote:A new video has been released for Universal Orlando's upcoming Fast & The Furious ride:

Can anyone who has ridden the Hollywood version on the tram verify whether this footage is new or the same stuff used before?
Using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:00 pm

I've ridden the one in Hollywood and it does seem very familiar, so it could be. Also the graphics do pretty much look that bad in the Hollywood version as well. ;)

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Those poor actors. Selling their souls for this :(

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby AidanCKY » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:18 am

I am a fan of the Fast and Furious series, but the ride footage looks terrible, looks like this video is recycled footage from the one in Hollywood. I don't understand the point of doing so much in CGI, the movies dont...

Seems ass-backwards creating a fake car prop for Vin Diesel to act from within, to then project that onto a poor-looking CGI scene. You'd think the 3D would be a higher standard from Universal too.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 am

I will never be able to quite understand the decision behind this. I really hope they know what they are doing. This is a HUGE loss to the theme park & roller coaster world.

https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct/status/926840034900238340
Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 13.28.06.png

Last edited by robbalvey on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:28 am.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:03 pm

Well, I can understand. It didn't require 3D glasses to be 3D, it didn't stay in one place and simulate lots of dizzying movement, and there were no areas that squirt water on you. Naturally, at a Universal park, that goes agains everything they believe in. ;) Seriously, though, I'll never understand it either. Such an incredible shame.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!