Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1399: Holidays at Universal Media Event Photo Report!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Postby nomorefloor » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:36 pm

I don't understand how the company could have messed up these trains when they have them in operation in other parks around the world :?r grant it they did add a sound system and LED's but is that enought to cause this?

Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:42 pm

^That's what I was wondering. Do other X-Cars have the floor-cracking problem? I suppose the fact that HRRR's layout does a lot more than other X-Car layouts could contribute to that problem (from the various stresses that HRRR's trains encounter), but aside from that, I don't see how the fractures could've happened...

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby ryno1986 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Most of Mauer's coasters are smaller though. That might have something to do with it (I honestly don't know though).

EDIT: What ^ said.

I'm not going to act like I work for Universal or anything, but I do have access to an incredibly reliable source. Unfortunately I don't want to say too much on here or I could get in trouble with him.

I also don't want everyone to continue to build their hopes up, only to be disappointed again when the coaster remains closed.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:13 am

ryno1986 wrote:MI'm not going to act like I work for Universal or anything, but I do have access to an incredibly reliable source.

9 out of 10 posters on a theme park message board have a "reliable source." Or so they say. :lolr:

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 am

From what I've been hearing, I'll believe ryno1986 over King_K. at the moment, but I guess we'll see who's more closer to the truth in the coming weeks won't we?

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snicket » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:55 am

-The banner is not up as reported earlier
-The only problem I am familiar with right now are the problems with the break runs malfunctioning.

I won't doubt that the floorboards have cracked on the train(s), but it is extremely hard to believe considering the floorboards are steel. Steel can crack, but that's a lot of stress.
The LED and sound systems on Rockit! are very lightweight considering other options available. If the floorboard(s) have cracked on any of the trains, then it is the fault of the manufacturer and not Universal. It is highly unlikely that the X Car is having any problems considering the fact that it has been used on other coaster with equivalency of the uniqueness of Rockit!.

Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:16 am

New for summer 2010 at Universal Studios Florida!!!

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit!!

I'm guessing July 4!!

JJ

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Swiminn6 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:51 am

This is crazy! So many rumors and stories. From what I know, I'm thinking Snicket's got the story right. But the banners are up, my friend is taking pictures TODAY soon. Once I receive them, I will post them.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:10 am

OldJJman wrote:New for summer 2010 at Universal Studios Florida!!!

Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit!!

I'm guessing July 4!!

JJ

Put me down for Memorial Day. :)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Snicket » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:17 am

I take back what I said about the floorboards. I've been told that the (Fiberglass, I think?) areas around the LEDs in the front and back of a particular train did crack at the end of last month. The fractures were small and were in parts of the train that would not have caused any dangers to riders.
The trains have been repaired and a "fix" (What exactly they meant by this, I don't know) has been engineered and placed on all of the trains.

I've been told that the queue has been given its finishing touches and cleanings yesterday and painting is wrapping up on the lift and areas in the station. The only persistent problem seems to be a faulty piece of mechanics on the final break run that will be replaced or has been replaced.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!